Announcement

Collapse

Please read before posting!

If you need a direct response from our staff, please use the in-game contact form (Help → Email Support). This will give us detailed information about your account so we can look into your issue. We are not always able to reply personally on the forum.
See more
See less

Problem with the chat feature after updating to 4.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if you can see that or not, I cannot. Nonetheless, it isn't necessarily a ground breaking photo in my opinion. The below text captures it pretty well I think.

- odd spacing between members chatting. looks like each one hit enter and then posted the chat, but that wasn't the case.
    - difficult to demonstrate via screenshot, but it's as if the chat is stuck at a point lower than the top. I can sort of read it if I try to scroll up, but as soon as I lift my finger it returns. like it's stuck.

If you are able to see it, then pls disregard. If you think it'd be helpful I can send in via email.

Comment

This is definitely helpful, we can make some progress with this I think!

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post

I'm told that an Android build has been released to fix this issue and we are waiting on Amazon approval to roll out the fix there. Likely tomorrow based on past history.

leroy

It still does not work on my Fire tablet. (fire HD 8 if that matters).
        It is really getting annoying, my alliance guys now just think I am rude.

Comment

Originally posted by Aalis View Post
          It still does not work on my Fire tablet. (fire HD 8 if that matters).
          It is really getting annoying, my alliance guys now just think I am rude.
          ...3 days later, Amazon still has not approved our release... Sorry. Hopefully they approve it soon.

leroy

Comment

I have the same problem. I'm on a Acer computer

Comment

Looks like Amazon finally approved/released the update with the bug fix for this problem. I'm now able to post to chat on my Kindle Fire. Thanks for the fix!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie View Post
                Looks like Amazon finally approved/released the update with the bug fix for this problem. I'm now able to post to chat on my Kindle Fire. Thanks for the fix!
                Yes, it has been released!

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post
                  Not sure if you can see that or not, I cannot. Nonetheless, it isn't necessarily a ground breaking photo in my opinion. The below text captures it pretty well I think.

- odd spacing between members chatting. looks like each one hit enter and then posted the chat, but that wasn't the case.
                  - difficult to demonstrate via screenshot, but it's as if the chat is stuck at a point lower than the top. I can sort of read it if I try to scroll up, but as soon as I lift my finger it returns. like it's stuck.

If you are able to see it, then pls disregard. If you think it'd be helpful I can send in via email.
                  leroy By any chance, has there been any headway in troubleshooting this? I still have these issues as well as jumbled/blurred text boxes when there's alot of text - like the screenshot of announcements posted earlier in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

leroy By any chance, has there been any headway in troubleshooting this? I still have these issues as well as jumbled/blurred text boxes when there's alot of text - like the screenshot of announcements posted earlier in this thread.
                    I *think* certain on Android devices (with notches), when you rotate the device the screen, re-UI-layout code runs, and the alliance messages do not react appropriately. A fix is being worked on, I'm not entirely sure where it stands right now or when it will make it into a release. For now, I'd advice not rotating your device and see if this fixes the problems.

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post

I *think* certain on Android devices (with notches), when you rotate the device the screen, re-UI-layout code runs, and the alliance messages do not react appropriately. A fix is being worked on, I'm not entirely sure where it stands right now or when it will make it into a release. For now, I'd advice not rotating your device and see if this fixes the problems.

leroy
                      Gotcha, thanks for the insight!

Comment

Working...
                      X