Announcement

Collapse

Please read before posting!

If you need a direct response from our staff, please use the in-game contact form (Help → Email Support). This will give us detailed information about your account so we can look into your issue. We are not always able to reply personally on the forum.
See more
See less

No normal underworld defenses coming. Only revenges..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leo
    replied
    to me it seems like matchmaking works in the way its supposed to by matching based only on cups. of course a level 78 shoudnt have 813 defense cups but theres almost no one who attacks in that range anymore so its very hard to grow the defense cups.

an idea would be take level in consideration, make people in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.. attack around those levels in underworld.. you would get some tasty 30 cups from the people who lose to you but it would be a fix fot it

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied
    I was level 71 with 722 defense. It is a month later. I'm 78 with 813 defense. And I remember one of those was someone gave me a +30 on his failed revenge. I would estimate I get attacked once for every 50 of my attacks. There is obviously something different between Olympus and Underworld when the system is deciding the base you'll attack and Olympus is given preference. The system considers me a nice, active attacker, yet doesn't assign the amount of attacks expected. Others have had the same complaint and no one has yet said they get attacked frequently in Underworld. So I assume this is a problem for everyone with all Underworld attackers, regardless of attack frequency, being considered relatively inactive. Curious what goes into the Battle Karma algorithm. Is it just # of attacks over time period? Is Nectar/Pomegranate generation involved in some way (since they have different generation frequencies, it could account for an issue). Although from what Jay said, I assume my Battle Karma for Underworld is okay. So if the Battle Karma is accurate, the issue would then seem to be the system not using the Underworld Battle Karma properly.

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied
    I was attacked once 4 or 5 days ago. Since then, I've kept track. I've attacked 50 times in Underworld in 72 hours. No attacks. That's pretty severe. I feel I can attack another 50 in 3 days or even 100 and it won't change anything :-(

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied
    True: your Olympus d is huge but your Underworld d falls into a range in which I assume quite a few people are attacking. I didn't think that through. Wish more people would speak up if the problem is widespread.

Leave a comment:

• War Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Fritz View Post
    Kane complained previously too, War Hammer. But you guys are large levels with, I assume, a much more limited pool. The issues might be related, but level definitely doesn't factor in for me.

Also wanted to say thanks to Jay This has been going on practically since Underworld began. Can't remember the really early levels when you never run out of pomegranates, but since then there was only a small window (several weeks ago) where I got attacked a handful of times in a week (maybe 4, I think), then it went right back to no attacks but revenges. Thanks again for looking into it.
    I shouldn’t be limited on Underworld side. Honestly at my level I’d expect to be getting attacked often. 🤷‍♂️

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied
    Kane complained previously too, War Hammer. But you guys are large levels with, I assume, a much more limited pool. The issues might be related, but level definitely doesn't factor in for me.

Also wanted to say thanks to Jay This has been going on practically since Underworld began. Can't remember the really early levels when you never run out of pomegranates, but since then there was only a small window (several weeks ago) where I got attacked a handful of times in a week (maybe 4, I think), then it went right back to no attacks but revenges. Thanks again for looking into it.

Leave a comment:

• War Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay View Post

Hi Fritz ! You're right, you're not being attacked in UW nearly as often as I'd expect. The system does have you correctly noted as a nice, active attacker but your defenses are, like you said, leaning way more heavily on Revenges than I'd have expected. There was a time a bit ago, like in the 2+ week range, where you were getting attacked in underworld with Normal and Easy matches but it does seem that it stopped for you.

Yeah, level 71 @ defense 722 has got plenty of attackers, an active range where things are always popping off, no reason population-wise that it should be dry of attackers. (Now there are also a lot of folks defending in this range as well competing for these attacks, but even so, you're an active attacker so you would get a hefty boost here during matchmaking.)

You may still be right that something is incorrectly filed for your account but it's not anything that comes to mind -- your defense rating and your level of activity (what we call Battle Karma internally) are where they should be. It'd be oddly unlucky for you not to get natural matches (more than just Revenges.) I'll have to think about it a bit more!
    Well, it’s just not him. On underworld side I get attacked but it’s revenges. Getting attacked just randomly is such a rarity. This is an issue that is probably affecting more than just a few. It’s one of two things, 1. That many players have quit the game or 2. It’s a problem on your end that needs to be fixed. It’s hard to gain any defense trophies when I am not getting randomly attacked.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Jay
    replied
    Underworld...I now have 722 defense at level 71. I honestly don't remember the last time I was attacked and I attack anywhere from 4-15 times a day. It can't be normal to accumulate only 222 defense trophies in 71 levels of playing. Whatever was supposedly fixed was fixed before I even started playing Underworld and I can assure you something isn't right and hasn't been for every one of my 71 levels, which isn't a high level at all. I've already reported numerous times about issues with the daily challenge where apparently the variable in the database that says the last time you played a certain challenge was incorrect (and still is, because if I lose a 155 challenge, I always get that 155 challenge the next time instead of going back to 145). This seems eerily similar where the system doesn't know I'm attacking all the time and thinks I'm not. It would be nice if my field in the database that determines my chances for being attacked (based on how often I attack) could be checked (which, I assume is how it works). I wager the value is incorrect and it appears to the system that I've probably never attacked at all in Underworld.
    Hi Fritz ! You're right, you're not being attacked in UW nearly as often as I'd expect. The system does have you correctly noted as a nice, active attacker but your defenses are, like you said, leaning way more heavily on Revenges than I'd have expected. There was a time a bit ago, like in the 2+ week range, where you were getting attacked in underworld with Normal and Easy matches but it does seem that it stopped for you.

Yeah, level 71 @ defense 722 has got plenty of attackers, an active range where things are always popping off, no reason population-wise that it should be dry of attackers. (Now there are also a lot of folks defending in this range as well competing for these attacks, but even so, you're an active attacker so you would get a hefty boost here during matchmaking.)

You may still be right that something is incorrectly filed for your account but it's not anything that comes to mind -- your defense rating and your level of activity (what we call Battle Karma internally) are where they should be. It'd be oddly unlucky for you not to get natural matches (more than just Revenges.) I'll have to think about it a bit more!

Leave a comment:

• CASTIEL
    replied
    Underworld...I now have 722 defense at level 71. I honestly don't remember the last time I was attacked and I attack anywhere from 4-15 times a day. It can't be normal to accumulate only 222 defense trophies in 71 levels of playing. Whatever was supposedly fixed was fixed before I even started playing Underworld and I can assure you something isn't right and hasn't been for every one of my 71 levels, which isn't a high level at all. I've already reported numerous times about issues with the daily challenge where apparently the variable in the database that says the last time you played a certain challenge was incorrect (and still is, because if I lose a 155 challenge, I always get that 155 challenge the next time instead of going back to 145). This seems eerily similar where the system doesn't know I'm attacking all the time and thinks I'm not. It would be nice if my field in the database that determines my chances for being attacked (based on how often I attack) could be checked (which, I assume is how it works). I wager the value is incorrect and it appears to the system that I've probably never attacked at all in Underworld.
    If you are experiencing issues please contact support from the game help menu using the “Still have questions?” button.
    They are happy to help with issues, please make sure to provide as much information about your issue in the report. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JKs
    replied
    tbh one normal attack per day is pretty decent, especially at higher levels

Leave a comment:

• Kane2
    replied
    Nothing got fixed on my side,
    Normal attacks on my UW base? At best ONE each day,sometimes not even that
    Revenges on my UW base? 15-20 each day
    Normal attacks on my OL base? Zero in weeks

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltaire View Post

It seems like they "communicated results" in previous responses within this topic ;-)

Yes, they did originally. 3 people complained and a few days later Jay responded, which was great. Then he said there was a fix. 2 of the 3 responded to say it was fixed, yet Kane seemed to say it wasn't fixed. Perhaps they responded to him privately. I don't know. JKs then said he may have been having the problem. I then say I'm having the problem. No response yet. I also had the problem in 2017 and never received a response when I went through the normal help system (where I seldom have ever received a response).

However, my post wasn't meant to be some kind of massive slight on the dev team. I was asked point blank why I care and my third reason was because the game should work as intended. So I post in hopes of getting the game working as intended and, if the issue is impossible to fix, being notified of that resolution, which doesn't always happen.

Leave a comment:

• Voltaire
    replied

3. It's not working as intended. Issues should be fixed/resolved (or at the very least, investigated with results communicated).
    It seems like they "communicated results" in previous responses within this topic ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Unspeakable1
    replied
    In all honesty, tombs could've been a decent UW house concept. You rest in a house, you eternally rest in a tomb... Would've worked thematically. But alas, it didn't. Oh well.

I think creativity will solve the problem, not beating dead horses. New building types exclusive to Underworld rather than rehashing already explored terrain. For instance, placeable monsters like a hydra or some titan corpse. Think mobile structure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X