Announcement

Collapse

Please read before posting!

If you need a direct response from our staff, please use the in-game contact form (Help → Email Support). This will give us detailed information about your account so we can look into your issue. We are not always able to reply personally on the forum.
See more
See less

Gods still shot troop in the temple

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Yah it happened with me once that time I saw that I pressed a soldier but they state that the soldiers were walking in temple

    Comment


    • #17
      To be clear, this behavior has never changed. Troops have always been able to be selected while they are on buildings. This is intentional as well as important. Otherwise there would never be a way to select a unit while in the city (because buildings are placed exactly adjacent to each other, and you can select a building by tapping the sidewalk for example).

      The only thing different now than from day 1 of the game is that unit pathing has been tweaked many times. I suspect (though I am not certain and I could absolutely be wrong), that troops maybe are given a little more freedom to move within the city and are not as confined to the sidewalks as they used to be. Which perhaps could make them seem more likely to get accidentally targeted when you try to tap a building. We are looking into this particular line of thought now, and perhaps we can see if we can figure out a good solution to this issue.

      leroy



      Comment


      • #18
        If a player could not target troops within building borders, defensive troops/assists and again Spartans would become unbelievably powerful because the attacker would be unable to attack these troops until said building fell. I personally need to switch between targeting troops and buildings at times to prevent excess damage from defensive assists dropped on buildings.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post
          If a player could not target troops within building borders, defensive troops/assists and again Spartans would become unbelievably powerful because the attacker would be unable to attack these troops until said building fell. I personally need to switch between targeting troops and buildings at times to prevent excess damage from defensive assists dropped on buildings.
          So basically why don't you give explosive effect in a very very small radius even if there is a mistake in aiming the damage will get inflicted to adjacent building but if there is no building or troop there will be no extra damage as the radius is going to be so small

          Comment


          • #20
            CASTIEL I hope you are getting me I get that it is not a bug but if that thing is making the offensive stats uncomfortable something has to be done even though it is the mistake done by us I mean it is really hard as there are soo many small guys moving around

            Comment


            • #21
              For long time ago Troops cannot run on building. But now they can run on building. If they cannot run on building. We will not attack them on building.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by leroy View Post
                To be clear, this behavior has never changed. Troops have always been able to be selected while they are on buildings. This is intentional as well as important. Otherwise there would never be a way to select a unit while in the city (because buildings are placed exactly adjacent to each other, and you can select a building by tapping the sidewalk for example).

                The only thing different now than from day 1 of the game is that unit pathing has been tweaked many times. I suspect (though I am not certain and I could absolutely be wrong), that troops maybe are given a little more freedom to move within the city and are not as confined to the sidewalks as they used to be. Which perhaps could make them seem more likely to get accidentally targeted when you try to tap a building. We are looking into this particular line of thought now, and perhaps we can see if we can figure out a good solution to this issue.

                leroy
                That's a large part. They're on/in/all over the buildings. Perhaps extra speed is also a factor with Hermes temple/houses, they can speed right under your finger as you're about to click.

                But I also believe there is more to it. Watch Poseidon carefully. He targets a building (or so you think) with water blast, actually does a small amount of damage to the building, before he slides off and starts attacking whatever the nearest thing is. If he targeted a troop in the first place, why did the building take any damage at all? If he targeted the building, why did he stop? If you target a troop by mistake, you often notice it and correct it. With Poseidon, he "looks like" he's targeting the building, at first, which makes it even worse.

                Castiel also mentioned the red outline, which is certainly there and I find it extremely helpful when doing monogod-like challenges. But for slow push, when managing five gods and dealing with a mob, it's nearly impossible to notice. I find targeting issues a bit annoying but, other than the Poseidon fakeout, I personally think it's just a mechanic to deal with. Gotta be careful with your clicks and some people will zoom in, others will look carefully for the outline, etc...
                Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

                Comment


                • #23
                  It seems to me there’s a “sweet spot” on temples/buildings that If you hit it they target it; click anywhere outside this and u could hit anything. As fritz notes Poseidon is the best example to see it occurring, but when you use group all, tap a temple, you need to hit that temple...not a random troop wandering thru. This is NOT the way this used to work, and it is massively frustrating to see this over and over. Perhaps it is the changed behavior of the troops and ability to walk thru instead of around, but it’s been an unaddressed problem for over a year.
                  Last edited by Hossenpheffer; February 26th, 2020, 09:28 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    It is very big problems and easy to fix but still not want to fix it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      For the next release, we've adjusted the pathing of the troops to be more careful to stay on the sidewalks and generally do a better job keeping out of the buildings.

                      leroy

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Thank you so much!! leroy

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by leroy View Post
                          For the next release, we've adjusted the pathing of the troops to be more careful to stay on the sidewalks and generally do a better job keeping out of the buildings.

                          leroy
                          I am sure many GoO players will be truly happy when this will be implemented. Btw since future release is mentioned, may i kindly ask , if you can share any info on it . If i am not mistaken in the past it has been stated that 4.0 game release will be the biggest of the game . Should we anticipate a really exciting update?
                          Thank you in advance for your reply .
                          Having the ultimate G.o.O. experience in OUTLAWS alliance.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by leroy View Post
                            For the next release, we've adjusted the pathing of the troops to be more careful to stay on the sidewalks and generally do a better job keeping out of the buildings.

                            leroy
                            thank you, this has been a massive eproblem, hope to see it soon

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X