Announcement

Collapse

Please read before posting!

If you need a direct response from our staff, please use the in-game contact form (Help → Email Support). This will give us detailed information about your account so we can look into your issue. We are not always able to reply personally on the forum.
See more
See less

Patron Artemis Range

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patron Artemis Range

Boost Artemis' spread shot to 100%. It increases her Spread Shot range by about 50% for some reason. Spread Shot doesn't increase range, so by boosting it, I see no logical reason why it would boost the Spread Shot range.

I guess it COULD be a feature, but there is no documentation for it and no one else works this way as far as I can tell. She's already getting twice as many arrows. Does she also need to be able to target things from across the screen? Apologies to all those using Artemis if this gets changed.
    Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Patron gods are an entirely new feature, and Patron stats are balanced by each power having it’s own new supercharged qualities(like range). Patron stats are not treated or designed as additional levels that hold the same values as none Patron abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post
      Patron gods are an entirely new feature, and Patron stats are balanced by each power having it’s own new supercharged qualities(like range). Patron stats are not treated or designed as additional levels that hold the same values as none Patron abilities.
      When I select a patron, I get 4 little icons, each with a slider going from 0-100%. I assume the icons DIRECTLY correspond to Health, Strength, and the first two abilities. If there were a boost to Artemis' range in her normal Spread Shot then I wouldn't be surprised that her range also increases when her Patron Spread Shot value increases. But there isn't.

So you are saying, as a fact, that boosting Artemis' patron status for Spread Shot, increases her range by design? Is this documented anywhere in the game? On the site? The forum? If so, please tell us where. If not, can you please tell us what each "supercharged quality" is for each god so we can make informed decisions on whom to choose?
      Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

No need to assume what the little icons are for, the pictures are generally fairly clear. All icons match the same symbols for health, strength, and each gods corresponding powers 1 and 2.
        Yes I am stating this as a fact, would be pretty silly otherwise. Each little icon can be pressed in game to see which attributes are boosted at each level and by how much, again Patron points are a new feature to boost the health, strength, powers 1 and 2, but they are not designed as extra levels that have the same mechanics as previous levels do.

Comment

No need to assume what the little icons are for, the pictures are generally fairly clear.
          Yes. Well, I THOUGHT they were quite clear, however in light of the fact that additional factors can be boosted, the images aren't as cut and dried as they seem to be.

Yes I am stating this as a fact, would be pretty silly otherwise.
          You've stated something once before that was untrue and were then corrected by Leroy, so I figured it was best to be sure, that's all.

Each little icon can be pressed in game to see which attributes are boosted at each level and by how much
          That's what I was looking for! I wasn't aware of this and never thought to click on the pictures. There was even a post by Diego79 where he specifically wanted patron boost information but clicking the pictures wasn't mentioned. Now that I know, and see there is a mechanism in-game to get the information, I'm satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
            You've stated something once before that was untrue and were then corrected by Leroy, so I figured it was best to be sure, that's all.

That's what I was looking for! I wasn't aware of this and never thought to click on the pictures. There was even a post by Diego79 where he specifically wanted patron boost information but clicking the pictures wasn't mentioned. Now that I know, and see there is a mechanism in-game to get the information, I'm satisfied.
            Fritz This is really enough. You have pointed out that I made one incorrect post about a question you had multiple times now. The amazing Leroy did immediately correct my statement and give you the information you requested, so no harm no foul. This post was not in any way meant to be untrue. As someone that wrongfully assumes and points out untrue “bugs” multiple times every day I figured you could be a little more understanding towards an error, but frankly don’t need your posts questioning every statement made.

I have worked to answer many questions from players with this update, maybe some questions have slipped trough unanswered but this does not mean they are bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
              Boost Artemis' spread shot to 100%. It increases her Spread Shot range by about 50% for some reason. Spread Shot doesn't increase range, so by boosting it, I see no logical reason why it would boost the Spread Shot range.

I guess it COULD be a feature, but there is no documentation for it and no one else works this way as far as I can tell. She's already getting twice as many arrows. Does she also need to be able to target things from across the screen? Apologies to all those using Artemis if this gets changed.
              The Bugman strikes again 😂😂😂

Comment

FritzYou have pointed out that I made one incorrect post about a question you had multiple times now. The amazing Leroy did immediately correct my statement and give you the information you requested, so no harm no foul. This post was not in any way meant to be untrue.
                We all make mistakes. You stated something incorrectly in the past, which is why I wanted to be sure you were certain of the fact this time, that's all. Sorry I offended you. There was another post by John once, where he responded with a false statement, with absolute certainty, and it was later clarified by Leroy as well. Due to this, when I see Moderator or Team, the responses don't instill the same confidence in me as Developer does. I have to admit, your responses since then seem to have always been correct though, so I will refrain from further questioning your responses regarding aspects of the game.

As someone that wrongfully assumes and points out untrue “bugs” multiple times every day I figured you could be a little more understanding towards an error, but frankly don’t need your posts questioning every statement made.
                Multiple times every day may be an exaggeration. The error simply made me somewhat skeptical of future statements. But, as you say, it was one error, and your track record has been great since then so I will no longer question.

I have worked to answer many questions from players with this update, maybe some questions have slipped trough unanswered but this does not mean they are bugs.
                You lost me on this one. I suspected a bug, posted here to see if it was, received further information, and it was confirmed that it's not a bug. Nowhere do I claim that something is a bug due to unanswered questions. I don't even know what that means.

I'm sorry my comments upset you. At any rate, thanks for taking the time to respond and I'm glad your response resulted in some good clarification about the new patron feature.

Originally posted by Snake Eater View Post
                The Bugman strikes again 😂😂😂
                A useless statement contributing nothing to the conversation strikes again. Par for the course.

Comment

By posting in problems and bugs and issuing a preemptive apology towards everyone currently using Artemis for your assumption of future changes due to your report along with a very long history of reporting everything you disagree with or do not understand as a bug, this is clearly a bug report even if the content of the post doesn’t state the word bug. Probably a result of the community backlash about excessive and incorrect bug report posts.
                  A way to post a question without reporting a direct bug could go as follows
                  “I do not understand how patron points work or buff powers. Artemis appears to have a boosted range for spreadshot, but as you level up spreadshot it does not receive a range boost. How do patron points work, and is spreadshot correctly receiving a range boost?”
                  Per your still clinging to an incorrect response that you will no longer question, great. As you have very frequently commented across multiple threads about one or multiple of your posts not getting a direct response, I am at a complete loss as to what kind of response you want as you have regularly ridiculed and questioned any response you receive from every member responding.

Comment

Yes. It WAS a bug report. Because I thought it was a bug. When did I say this wasn't a bug report? As I've said numerous times, I posted a bug report, was shown that it isn't a bug, and accepted it's not a bug.

So instead of a bug, you would have preferred I posted in General and asked how patron points work. That's nice, except in one thread, someone asked and was ignored. In another thread, they received two community responses, which may or may not have been correct, since they were community members who may or may not have actually known the correct answer. Not one person mentioned the clickable pictures (until you thankfully did here).

Here's what was written about the patron gods powers on these forums:

Patron Gods
                    - Choose a patron god and boost health, strength, and non-ultimate powers

Boost non-ultimate powers. Boosting non-ultimate powers splits the percentage among various elements of the power. But only one, as far as I can tell, also splits the percentage among something that has absolutely nothing to do with the power. When one thing behaves differently from all else, I believe it's reasonable to assume it's a bug.

If you read the first post, with the assumption that I knew about the clickable picture next to the slider, it does look like I simply don't like how it works. If you read it again, bearing in mind that I knew nothing of the clickable pictures, it's clear that I saw one power behaving unlike any other thereby assuming there was an issue.

Even though this isn't a bug, I'm glad I posted it so that you could respond about the clickable picture and now that information can be accessed by all. Without this thread, I'm sure there would be others that didn't know the pictures were clickable. I can't have been the only one.

Acolytes not receiving Hades house boost
                    Apollo Monument doing double damage
                    Hera's Wrath not counting dying troops as damage
                    Highly boosted Inspiration on challenges not working correctly

These are in addition to the Hermes update thread where I posted 8 or so bugs that were then fixed (in addition to a dozen or so outstanding). You can claim they are excessive and so many are incorrect, but I've spent a lot of my time to report bugs (most of them actual bonafide bugs) for no other reason than improving the game. Time to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Comment

This is an open forum, not every post requires direct developer responses. Sometimes valuable information comes from the lack of staff intervention as it shows how the community perceives certain features or how description could be clearer. You yourself are only a member, yet you reply to the majority of comments made by other members usually quoting each comment made. I see no reason others comments should not be valued the same as yours, and if a member states incorrect information there is plenty of room for community members to help correct the inaccurate answer or room for a staff member to give clarification.
                      While we are on the topic of member ranks, you have mentioned moderators throughout this post, and have made multiple posts to other members about appropriate thread categories and posts staying on topic. Our moderators hold the position to moderate the forum, and there is not a need for your intervention in regulating community feedback any further.

Comment

I see no reason others comments should not be valued the same as yours
                        Opinions can have value. Facts presented can be true or false. Only true facts can be valued. Deciding if a member speaks a true fact or a false fact is up to the individual. Which is why staff members comments are sought after and carry more weight. We assume their facts to be correct, and therefore will definitely have value, rather than being unsure.

you have mentioned moderators throughout this post
                        Throughout? I mentioned John by name. Once. But OK.

and have made multiple posts to other members about appropriate thread categories and posts staying on topic. Our moderators hold the position to moderate the forum, and there is not a need for your intervention in regulating community feedback any further.
                        Suggestions about where to post when people are off-topic are unwelcome. Gotcha. I guess my opinion on deriailing threads isn't valued. Wait a minute....

Comment

No need to wait a minute, the true fact is this is what moderator positions are for. Another true fact is that we have gained valuable information from threads that have become off topic. A true fact is that moderators have been appointed to their positions and understand when and how to intervene based upon content, context, and atmosphere within the thread or forum at the time of their actions. It is important that moderators are used in these situations because 3rd party intervention can and usually does cause several problems. First our moderators try to operate behind the scenes these days, and usually have already handled issues directly with members through nonpublic forms of messaging and members can unnecessary feel attacked when they are confronted again by members after having already received official private discussions. Secondly, if an off topic thread is left off topic there just might be a reason for it. It is great for all members to try to keep their own comments on topic in threads, but if one goes off topic and is allowed to remain off topic, future posts or ideas do not need to be stagnated by unofficial intervention.

Comment

Actually, moderators TELL people things are going off-topic under threat of closing threads and banning players. I simply suggested (I think twice) that people should stay on-topic when I feel the original topic is important and don't want it to get lost in the shuffle (which it always does). I see a clear distinction. Apparently, you don't. This has dragged on long enough and I believe further conversation is futile.

Comment

You can end the conversation at any time, by ending it. You are not a moderator and there is no need for you to continue trying to regulate community feedback. Our moderators have this under control. Moderators do not issue THREATS, they will issue warnings or action where deemed necessary and will follow through with action where necessary. That is not a threat, that is their role.

Comment

Working...
                              X