Announcement

Collapse

Please read before posting!

If you need a direct response from our staff, please use the in-game contact form (Help → Email Support). This will give us detailed information about your account so we can look into your issue. We are not always able to reply personally on the forum.
See more
See less

Wtf DEVS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf DEVS!!!

There have been a hundred or more posts about the flawed Trophy System that you all seem to be so damn proud of. Why are you not listening to your customer base?!!! One single good reason is really all we would love to hear. You have been given a multitude of viable alternatives and yet you do nothing!! Nothing! Wait, I'll give ya a little credit, you're PHENOMENAL at ignoring us and likewise as PHENOMENAL at being reductive to concerns. So let me throw it in your face and see how well you ignore us again (sorry to other players if I'm speaking on your behalf).

​​​​The trophy system is easily exploited and has been exploited routinely due to your negligence. Can you please give me and others who feel like me a reason to continue to support your indifference, cuz I'm about done with this game. Plenty of apps for me to waste my time and money on.

And since I'm fair, let me offer yet another alternative to the plethora of alternatives already offered up to you oh Developer Gods. Base your pairing off total resources earned, not some crap win loss ratio. You might even find the method to be more even, though admittedly adding a few more zeroes into your complex equations may prove too taxing. Am I being too mean, to direct? Perhaps you can change that by listening. Thanks!
    Vi veri universum vivus vici

I don’t think you are being to mean or direct. I agree with everything you took the time to write and post. The trophy system is outdated, inaccurate and something to be ignored at this point until it is changed.

Alliance Wars coupled with a trophy system overhaul would of been a good summer update, but like many, I am sure developers take vacation this time of year. I don’t expect we will see an update until fall/winter.

No gods No Assists would also add a new dynamic to the game, but I expect to see that never introduced.

Chris

Comment

War Hammer! Miss ya in our alliance buddy

Truth be told, my alliance is literally the only reason I stay playing this game. Nothing new with daily challenges. Even weekly Clock Challenges are the same thing over and over. Dead horses are fun to beat and all, but even my arm gets tired. I would LOVE to see No Gods No Assists, hell, that might've kept my mouth shut. But C'est le vie.

I think the only way to get the developers back on track is to not continue making purchases in the game. If they won't listen to reason or sound advice, maybe they'll listen to their checkbook.

Comment

Heck, at this point, I'd have been happy seeing golden and stone altars that increased the amount of resources collectible made level dependant. Even simple functionality things are ignored. The highest ranking players still have them and are unable to replace them with actual functional buildings. A whopping 25,000 stops being useful at what lv 40 maybe?

Comment

Just something to show that the developers haven't become as indolent as the impression they give

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
            There have been a hundred or more posts about the flawed Trophy System that you all seem to be so damn proud of. Why are you not listening to your customer base?!!! One single good reason is really all we would love to hear. You have been given a multitude of viable alternatives and yet you do nothing!! Nothing! Wait, I'll give ya a little credit, you're PHENOMENAL at ignoring us and likewise as PHENOMENAL at being reductive to concerns. So let me throw it in your face and see how well you ignore us again (sorry to other players if I'm speaking on your behalf).

You are right, we've discussed this before. And we've given our feedback several times. Of course it isn't perfect. But it is generally pretty decent, especially at the lower and middle levels, and only really starts breaking down when you get to the very highest of levels when finding good matches becomes much harder due to less candidates.

Overhauling the trophy and matchmaking system from scratch would be a huge undertaking, and contrary to what you personally believe, most users would rather have new gameplay features than a tweaked trophy system. And I absolutely guarantee that even if we did overhaul the trophy system, we'd get a new set of angry users saying the new trophy system is crap, and another set of angry users demanding that we go back to the old trophy system and that we totally broke the game. And then another set of angry users because we had a release that didn't actually provide any new gameplay because we spent our time on a new trophy system that just changed which set of users was happy or angry.

And since I'm fair, let me offer yet another alternative to the plethora of alternatives already offered up to you oh Developer Gods. Base your pairing off total resources earned, not some crap win loss ratio. You might even find the method to be more even, though admittedly adding a few more zeroes into your complex equations may prove too taxing. Am I being too mean, to direct? Perhaps you can change that by listening. Thanks!
            Sure, this is another reasonably way to handle matchmaking, but you certainly can't use this algorithm alone. You'll notice most games similar to ours don't actually match up that way at all. They don't base matchups on resources earned but instead base upon something like trophies, just like we do now. Because what do you do with players that can't beat anyone at all based off total resources earned? Just let them always lose every game forever? No, of course not, that would be stupid. So you have to figure in something else as well. One thing would be past battle performance (aka trophies). And when you add in past battle performance, then you can get people intentionally losing battles to drop trophies to get easier matches. So then you can maybe do some other things to factor into matchmaking, to try to prevent people dropping trophies. One thing we do is give ambrosia based upon your resource relationship with your opponent. So the players that are dropping trophies will likely not get very much at all ambrosia, where if you are attacking harder opponents and winning, you will get more ambrosia. And we are still exploring other ideas as well to prevent trophy dropping.

leroy

Comment

leroy , the easiest way to bring balance to the game and bring accuracies to the trophy system would be NO GODS NO ASSISTS!

Why not try it? Regardless of what you introduce to the game in future updates, you will always have angry players or disappointed players. Give it a try.

Alliance Wars is a much needed addition too.

Chris

Comment

P.S. There is no way to prevent trophy dropping. Good luck with that one.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
                  One thing we do is give ambrosia based upon your resource relationship with your opponent. So the players that are dropping trophies will likely not get very much at all ambrosia, where if you are attacking harder opponents and winning, you will get more ambrosia. And we are still exploring other ideas as well to prevent trophy dropping.
                  Problem here is ambrosia is next to useless. After a couple of weeks, you have enough for an environment and you're done, unless you strive to own every environment and skin in the game How about LOOT based on level (as opposed to attack matchups based on level, which I think was the original proposal in this thread). Attack higher levels, get more loot. Less incentive for farmers. At high levels, the increase/decrease in loot could be as dramatic as you want to make it. So the matchups don't change, but the loot payout would be MUCH higher for people who actually play the game to the best of their ability. An incentive to actually play the game rather than be a boring farming robot people can't even assist (it IS a social game, isn't it?)

Originally posted by leroy View Post
                  Sure, this is another reasonably way to handle matchmaking, but you certainly can't use this algorithm alone. And when you add in past battle performance...
                  That's the issue. You didn't "add in" past battle performance. You use it exclusively! lol If past battle performance were only ONE factor in the matchup, the system could possibly be improved.

Speaking of "past battle performance," why not a penalty for horribly pathetic past battle performance, such as losing multiple battles over and over in less than 30 seconds. You know, to intentionally lower your trophies? lol
                  Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

I hate trophy dropping as much as the next guy. Unfortunately, I've had to resort to trophy dropping LITERALLY WITHIN THE PAST DAY OR TWO just to stay something vaguely competitive. Getting attacked constantly by vastly higher levels isn't competitive, it's fish in a barrel. Especially when those vastly higher lv players are beating me on normal. Don't give me that "you're defense is just good" crap. That's a problem intrinsic to the issue at hand. Furthermore, I hate relying on assists to win a battle. I am already forced into having multiple assisters create "tent City" just for a single win ON EASY. Maybe add Level into the Trophy equation and keep people in range increments of 10 (ie: 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, etc)? I'm no stranger to strategy games either. Real time or turn based. I love them. What most of those games offer though is some type of level playing field that this game isn't. We need something to balance the board, hell, I'd even take the assist powers dependant upon present gods (an alternative I believe you Leroy offered up in a different thread) because at least that'll prevent zaps and corner tenting if Zeus and Athena are gone (and from a technicality, how can one assist with a God's particular power if the God is wiped). Something is ultimately better than the current incarnation. Lastly, if people are going to ***** no matter what, then what's the harm in trying something new? Aside from *****ing, they might actually also complement. Notwithstanding is deflection, and while I appreciate candor and your open honesty that you are exploring other possibilities, I will be a player that withholds my checkbook until I see one implemented. Thanks.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by War Hammer View Post
                      leroy , the easiest way to bring balance to the game and bring accuracies to the trophy system would be NO GODS NO ASSISTS!

Why not try it? Regardless of what you introduce to the game in future updates, you will always have angry players or disappointed players. Give it a try.

Alliance Wars is a much needed addition too.

Chris
                      So I guess it’s my job to respond every time the no gods no assists comes up. The thread was about the flaws in the trophy system. You want to see trophy dropping just implement that and you just created a whole new angry farmer group. I will just drop until I reach a level where I can mindlessly battle without any real strategy. Recently a couple days ago I hit someone in your alliance with just my alternate account. I took out the four key temples and should have been a easy win. Just take the rest down mono. Unfortunately the defense started showing up and you were there with your three accounts and I had to deal with a total of 10 at the end healing. Did I whine or complain. No that’s part of the game, I noticed that y’all continued to heal even when I had no god on the field. I have adjusted my battles several times and I know I can adjust again to new restrictions on the game but why do I have to. Do we really want the game to become a wasteland where only one strategy is the acceptable way to battle. I farm all the time. I just call it losing. I have never purposely dropped trophies. The only thing I have ever complained about is when the big dogs nerf their base. Drop their defensive trophies and then rebuild their base and you hit them on easy and lose and then they rev you and take trophies at the hard or normal range. So I guess the rambling has gone on long enough. If you want to have to alienate a large group and have them leave the game then implement the no gods no assists standard.

Bandit

Comment

Oh Leroy when the developers implement no gods no assists just go ahead and change my name to Old MacDonald

Comment

Is having multiple accounts standard also? <------ Noob Question?

Comment

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, Bandit, but isn't "strategy" already reduced to pretty much a singular way already. I see your method all the time. Hard first wave, take out a few key temples, mono god the rest with corner tenting to spread out the masses and the last temple save for Hades/Cerberus combo. Not saying that is YOUR method since I've never battled you thus far, but that is the method I usually see even around mid-high levels. That or the one I posted about creating tent City. Either seems to be the only ways to win. 2 options for victory is not strategy (I guess there is more than a singular method after all). Is it an imbalance between defense and offense that is the core issue and not the trophy system persay? I haven't really seen a difference in strategy either with the inclusion of the Gorgons and the Spartans.

Looking at my own battle ranges, with offense being only >100 lower than defense, Im battling folks closer to my level on attacks now that I nerfed my trophies. After nerfing defense, I'm still getting attacked by folks up to lv 120 (and me just a lowly 98). So again, is the real problem not so much the trophy system but rather an imbalance with defensive strength and offensive strength?

Comment

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, Bandit, but isn't "strategy" already reduced to pretty much a singular way already. I see your method all the time. Hard first wave, take out a few key temples, mono god the rest with corner tenting to spread out the masses and the last temple save for Hades/Cerberus combo.
                              The addition of Hermes MADE this strategy. Without Hermes, this strat falls flat on its face. I still drop melee 5 with Hermes, then fragile 5 with Hera. Before Hermes, I would drop 5 and replace them as they died. Pre-Hermes slow push. I had less trophies then, but I have to say, the game was a lot more fun in those days. I wish I could eternally play lvls 65-99.
                              Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Working...
                              X