Announcement

Collapse

Please read before posting!

If you need a direct response from our staff, please use the in-game contact form (Help → Email Support). This will give us detailed information about your account so we can look into your issue. We are not always able to reply personally on the forum.
See more
See less

Lag on every battle for the higher levels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag on every battle for the higher levels

It used to be that there was lag only sometimes for the higher levels, now it's every single attack and def. Before adding anything new that drains the servers further, please address the existing problem of lag since the update. Troops showing up 20 seconds after you drop them is past annoying now.

Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
    It used to be that there was lag only sometimes for the higher levels, now it's every single attack and def. Before adding anything new that drains the servers further, please address the existing problem of lag since the update. Troops showing up 20 seconds after you drop them is past annoying now.
    That’s what makes the game fun too... doesn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Eater View Post

That’s what makes the game fun too... doesn’t it?
      Yes, so fun. Yippee! 🎊

Comment

I emailed the devs about this and Trevor basically told me it's my fault because I have crappy internet. On one end I could see this but when 20+ ppl complain about it well then there needs to be a reevaluation. I didn't have nearly the lag before Hermes was dropped
        The Madhouse

Comment

Ah, those devs 😁

​​​​​​i agree, if it was one or 2 people, it's easy to write it off as individuals Internet, or older device, but when every single assister has to apologize to that player when they lose and every single assister says it was laggy, which is why they couldn't assist well, then it's the game. leroy Jay

ive got a recording of two of geo's games (level 119), both were recorded at 8x normal speed and it was still lagging. Happy to share it with the devs, and it happens every single time, (not just for geo, those are just the ones we have recorded).

Comment

Ah yes lag.... I agree it's still bad. This fix should be at the top of the list
            See you on the FlipSide

Comment

Lag is lag. I get it. Devices and connections can't keep up with the insane info demand coming over the connection. The reason is poor connection and slow devices. The solution isn't for everyone to buy new devices and get new connections. It's simply not feasible. Better to go straight to the source and see what can be done to improve the game's data transfer.

Anyone playing for a while can see that the lag and disconnects are much worse when there are more troops. Troops are the cause of lag. Period. A gigantic level base with no barracks will give no lag. A Hades environment will cause massive lag. Ever notice the lag vanishes during a hawk storm?

Whenever a thread about lag appears, devs are conspicuously quiet. It would be nice to know what's possible / what isn't regarding this issue. For example, is the lag cause by an insane amount of data being transferred over the connection to account for all the troops? Or is it a graphic issue with displaying the troops?

For me, this is the most important part:

1. I drop troops and they take 30 seconds to show up. Why? Even if what I'm seeing on the screen is lagged and not an accurate reflection of what's going on in the battle at that second, dropping troops should immediately send a message to the server and those troops should drop immediately. I've seen replays and it's not the case. If I drop every 8 seconds or so, the second Hera explodes and the skeletons appear, I then see it takes about 25 seconds to get my next drop down. There's no reason for that.

2. Often when lagged, if I continue to drop, the drops keep happening. Just not right away. But if I don't drop immediately when able to, one of the troops I PREVIOUSLY dropped shows up and my cooldown starts all over making me miss a drop. So basically, when lagged, I have to wait for a cooldown when I place a troop (even though they don't show right away). I then also need to wait for a cooldown if one of my previously placed troops APPEARS when I have no cooldown. This also makes no sense. Double penalty for being lagged.

3. I'm lagged. The battle is over, but I'm so far behind I have no idea. Similarly, when trying to get into a battle to assist, as I'm getting into the battle it ends. Yet I just keep on trying. Not a fan of adding MORE data over the wire, but a simple one byte flag appended to the end of whatever data already IS being sent over the wire to check if the battle is over would be beneficial.

Fix the above three issues and I can deal with the lag. As it is, it makes defending useless and assisting high levels more of a chore than fun. Lag is lag, but if the makers are adding more gods and spawning monuments and making pink and black bonuses larger ensuring there are more troops on the board, then you really need to come up with something to attempt to alleviate the issues these things cause.
              Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                Lag is lag. I get it. Devices and connections can't keep up with the insane info demand coming over the connection. The reason is poor connection and slow devices. The solution isn't for everyone to buy new devices and get new connections. It's simply not feasible. Better to go straight to the source and see what can be done to improve the game's data transfer.

(...)

Whenever a thread about lag appears, devs are conspicuously quiet. It would be nice to know what's possible / what isn't regarding this issue. For example, is the lag cause by an insane amount of data being transferred over the connection to account for all the troops? Or is it a graphic issue with displaying the troops?
                I'm thinking the devs are thinking 5G and not wanting to share their thoughts on the matter. Strategy: "Don't move, keep quiet and the baddies will eventually go away..."

Come join 'Strength & Honor!' - We have cookies.

Comment

For some, it's the connection. Others, the device. And at times, I assume it could be a temporary server issue as well. For me, it's the device. I'm wireless and my router behaves fine. But as the game gets bigger and more complex and more and more people reach higher levels, there will be nowhere to hide and all will feel the lag to some degree.
                  Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

My experience is that the lag depends only ur device or connection.. While I work, Monday till Friday and I use mobile connection 3g the connection is not so good as I'm home with wifi.. The Latenz is much different.. The speed of engine depends very hard on kind of device what using..
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Definitely, I play my mini on an older device and already the lag is quite bad, but my phone, is generally changed often, and always with the latest model, cause it gets heavy usage.
                      also, we don't know what devices the other players are using, but it still doesn't account for the lag across the board, and I know that some of the members in my alliance whose battles lag, are also using top end phones, so the lag can't be all us. On my battles, it sometimes lags as I'm in the battle, just continously gets slower and slower, but at least with me, it's not on every attack.

Comment

I assume, huge base needs power for rendering and ai, while the network api also delivery data to transport .. It is normal when lot of assisters are ingame the engine runs on limit the api too

Comment

While I play solo...the game works fine on every base.. I mean connection .

Comment

Interesting, yeah I generally solo all my easy revs, and I don't think I get lag on those either .

Comment

For me, lag increases with the number of troops. Friendly assisters dropping tents, enemy assisters dropping tents, Hades environment. Anything that creates more troops, whether that causes a slowdown due to rendering all the graphics or because of the increase in data transmission, slows the game to a crawl. A good hawk storm can speed everything up. Interesting if it's just me or if others have the same experience. Troops = Lag.

Comment

Working...
                              X