Announcement

Collapse

Please read before posting!

If you need a direct response from our staff, please use the in-game contact form (Help → Email Support). This will give us detailed information about your account so we can look into your issue. We are not always able to reply personally on the forum.
See more
See less

Daily Challenge, never get a lower level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Challenge, never get a lower level

As someone who does the daily challenge every day, it seems to me that if you're on, say, lvl 100 of a challenge and can't beat it, then the next time that god's challenge comes around, you start at level 90. Basically, 10 levels lower than the last one you were stuck on. However, ever since the June update, I've been attacking Athena 125 every single time. I try it. Make no headway since the update has made it completely impossible. Then a week later, there's 125 again. Is anyone else getting the same level they were stuck on the next time that god rolls around? Is this expected behavior since the update? Is this to be expected or a bug since I did beat Athena once upon a time before the June update? Since, as far as I can tell, my Zeus challenge rolls back ten levels as it always has in the past, it seems to be a bug to me.
    SILENCE IS FOO!

Hi Fritz,

Same for me, athena daily challenge always starts at level 125. Zeus also starts at level 125 but I still finish zeus daily challenge sometimes so not sure if it is a bug but after the last update I was never able to pass athena’s level 125.

Comment

I agree, Fritz and VOLKAN , this behavior is a bug! VOLKAN, I am assuming that this is happening on your main account, is that correct? If not, just let me know. We'll try to give your account a look and see what might be up here.

Fritz, if you'd like, you could use the in-game email support feature, and that'd give us another account to look at as well. This is totally up to you, since hopefully Volkan's account will tell us enough.

Thank you both for the reports!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        I agree, Fritz and VOLKAN , this behavior is a bug! VOLKAN, I am assuming that this is happening on your main account, is that correct? If not, just let me know. We'll try to give your account a look and see what might be up here.

Fritz, if you'd like, you could use the in-game email support feature, and that'd give us another account to look at as well. This is totally up to you, since hopefully Volkan's account will tell us enough.

Thank you both for the reports!
        Yes Jay, it is happening on my main account. You can bring some free stones as you come to visit my base perhaps😀 Thank you for your reply.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is happening to me too. Although, I'm pretty sure the expected weekly fallback is five levels not ten.

Comment

The fallback is ten back from the last one you were stuck on, which would be five back from the last one you've beaten. Of course, if you beat 130, you're not "stuck on" any level (although you could imagine it as being stuck on imaginary 135). 125 is 5 back from the last one you beat.

So if you beat 100 and are then stuck on 105 and can't complete it, you go back to 95. 5 back from the 100 you beat, but 10 back from the 105 that you couldn't beat.
            SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

MORE DAILY CHALLENGE LEVELS
              • Daily Challenges up to Level 145 are now available (previously 125)
              • Daily Challenges have been rebalanced
              Previously 130, actually. Anyway, I'm hoping the "never get a lower level" bug is fixed with this update. Looking forward to Athena and Zeus. Hera was still a joke after the update, so I assume the rebalancing didn't make the easy ones harder and instead made the hardest ones easier.
              SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

So much for my theories. Still started on Athena 125. Maybe a little easier, but still ridiculous. Beat 125 and "possibly" could beat 130, but not about to waste all day trying. Now that I beat 125, let's see if I go back to 120 next week.
                SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Went back to 120 so apparently this is fixed.
                  SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Beat Zeus challenge 145 two weeks ago. Last week I started on 140. Couldn't beat anything. This week I should start on 130 but am still on 140. Just as with Athena, it appears I'll forever get 140 even if I can't beat it at all. I use gems on these daily changes so this issue costs loot ever 10 days.
                    SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Has there been balance changes in the daily challenge, and game in general , in the last week or 2! Feels like it, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

Comment

There are several different "types" of daily challenges for each god. For example, there's the tower-specific ones, such as the Poseidon one with tons of cyclops and the Apollo one with tons of archimedes. There's the variant with temples nearly all around the outside and a variant with temples clustered more toward the inside. Some are definitely easier than others. I believe I can beat all Athena variants except the ballista-heavy one. I can only beat one Zeus variant and, due to this bug, I kind of wish I never beat it.
                        SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

The Zeus issue continues. Began on 140 yet again even though I can't beat it. Next week, I'll still be on 140 again. Any input? Insights? Need additional info? I'll be here banging my head against the wall.
                          SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	headbang.gif
Views:	356
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	36852

SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Hi Fritz ! From looking at your account, there's an odd timestamp set for the last time that you played the Zeus challenge. (From the far future!)

We'll fix this for you either way, but if you can think of anything unusual that might have occurred on this device, like changing the device time, it could help us know what to look for to prevent this happening to other folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X