4.4 Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree to disagree.

More and stronger heroes will make for a fun game to WATCH, but not so fun to PLAY...which is ultimately what everyone downloaded the game to do. If we wanted to watch something we would have went to youtube. I've never once woken up and been bummed about defense losses, bc they're cyclical. You can do NOTHING to your defense and it will hover around the same trophy mark +/- about 100 cups either way.

Also, assists scale as more join to be less and less effective...im sure you knew that already. Limiting assists just contradicts the whole point of alliances.

No one said mono was easy, in fact I agree that its very unforgiving... But it has the benefit of sidestepping heroes and takes considerably less concentrated effort overall. And it takes about half the time to boot.

Comment

I suggest run a pole including few questions like if stronger heros are necessary, or start with if hero as a defence should stay or be removed. Also ask if you will leave game because of poor defence or poor offence stats at the moment.

I dont know how to run the pole or else I would have done myself.

Believe me even if all vote against heros development team won't agree to pole as heros bring money(as a short term gain) to them. People spend buying them. Pole results won't make any sense but our conflict of opinion will get justice.

Nothing personal. Just a conflict of views.

Comment

Absolutely agree with you here. Like them or hate them, they generate profit in the short term.

Any kind of poll here would be skewed in my opinion. 1) A small percentage of the player base even cares to look up or find the forums and 2) only a percentage of that percentage will bother to create an account and post their opinions.

No issues here, just expressing opinions and devs can capitalize on them or ignore them how they see fit.
        Last edited by Rocko; December 17, 2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorr View Post
          I dont agree that less activity is due to offence losses. Slowpush is absolutely overpowered. Apolo patron and 5 helpers keep hitting my base and I wonder where are those heros..so easy they just go out of equation. Mono players needs hell lot of concentration else they loose very easily. No margin for errors. Slowpush people always recover from some bad move.

Slowpush is easy and 5 gods attacking same time means its total offence domination. These heros are so weak against such attacks. Reason of less activity is certainly not offence losses.

People are fed up of seeing losses in defence due to Slowpush domination with 5 or more helpers with attacking people. Their should be a cap on number of people helping for attackers. Heros look helpless against Slowpush in my opinion.

In addition they are nerfed now which is demotivating factor for sure.
          Get Atalanta since she can target 4 target at once

Comment

I am kinda fed up with losing to mono constantly more.

Comment

Thor, clearly you care about the defensive aspect of the game, may be because you are already a good attacker and do not have an issue with your attacks. But average player is not you. If average players are not having fun, there is no game, Also, this offense/defense tilt in the game seems very level-range dependent as well. Level 150+ players are complaining they are getting run over by players 40 or 50 levels below them. That should never happen. When did you ever see a level 55 taking out a level 100 ?. Reality is, I have seen several lvl 110 players struggle on my lvl 100 base, mainly due to heroes. Which doesn’t make sense either. Its easy to say these attackers suck etc.. but the fact is average attackers are struggling which is bad for the game.

Another point is multiple attack strategies should be viable in the game at the same time, you cannot have a situation where Apollo patron is wiping the floor and all other strategies struggle. And in a few months it will be a different patron in favor. Players should not have keep resetting their Gods and strategies. If you are a high level player with all Gods buffed, switching strategies and patrons is easy but for players below level 100 this sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by smash-it View Post
                Thor, clearly you care about the defensive aspect of the game, may be because you are already a good attacker and do not have an issue with your attacks. But average player is not you. If average players are not having fun, there is no game, Also, this offense/defense tilt in the game seems very level-range dependent as well. Level 150+ players are complaining they are getting run over by players 40 or 50 levels below them. That should never happen. When did you ever see a level 55 taking out a level 100 ?. Reality is, I have seen several lvl 110 players struggle on my lvl 100 base, mainly due to heroes. Which doesn’t make sense either. Its easy to say these attackers suck etc.. but the fact is average attackers are struggling which is bad for the game.

Another point is multiple attack strategies should be viable in the game at the same time, you cannot have a situation where Apollo patron is wiping the floor and all other strategies struggle. And in a few months it will be a different patron in favor. Players should not have keep resetting their Gods and strategies. If you are a high level player with all Gods buffed, switching strategies and patrons is easy but for players below level 100 this sucks.
                I agree with you. Most player I see are attacking people below their level and those player that are attacking 50 level above them are very rare and when they do it is kind of noticeable. But at this point the meta keeps on shifting because of heros and many lower level player might not be able to keep up with it and thus quit the game unless they pay gems to reset their gods. I feel like majority of the fun aspect of the game is more on offense rather than defense but this is just my opinion.

Comment

All this talk with OP heroes, it almost sounds as if making them a playable defensive pantheon would solve a ton of problems... -_-

... But whatevs
                  Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
                    All this talk with OP heroes, it almost sounds as if making them a playable defensive pantheon would solve a ton of problems... -_-

... But whatevs
                    More on this:

The defending player has access to the heroes, assisters have access to standard alliance powers. As heroes are taken out, one could reasonably have an alliance power take its spot... Or say whatever and just not be able to assist if all heroes are out. If resources are an issue, make a new one to develop them (say, like medals or trophies or some such), earned by defense. More if you win, less if you dont. You could literally keep their powers as is, they don't need more. They're not gods after all.

Rationale:

Players who care about defense can defend better. Possibly give the ability for defensive objective marking points? This would literally promote playing the game more. What would folks spend more on: playable gods (heroes in this case) or a passive unit? If people don't care about defending their cities, attacker has a hero-free board. Now, getting attacked by multiple people at the same time would mean you'd have to pick and choose which battle engage in, but that's already the case, so who cares. Heroes are busy and can't be everywhere at once.

A defender using the pantheon would have a better shot at taking out monogod players and, possibly, even slow push. Allow standard dropping mechanics (ex: defender can only drop on city tiles or border), not just a willy nilly drop wherever scenario. The biggest challenge would be the actual coding of this, not the actual play scenarios. Otherwise, everyone gets something from this. Easier defense, easier attacks, more money spent, better watchability when reviewing past battles. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

1 question. We can heal literally everything then why not heros?

Heros are coolest update ever but so lame if we can't heal them.

I still fail to understand why people don't want heros🤔🤔

Don't you want to see defence wins when you log in? Attacking is important too bu defence is more important. For example you don't play for say 20hrs and play say 4 hrs a day. For the maximum time when you aren't there to defend your base and now we have some unit doing that. Isn't that good???

Comment

The dynamics are irreparably screwed either way Thorr. The more even the offense/defense is, the more people dislike it. They want easy. Which, at this point, just nerf the hell out of defense the rest of the way and have nothing but unimpeded attacks, regardless of level.

Since this travesty of an update, I've seen multiple victories by roughly 20-levels-lower players again because, surprise surprise, Arty, Posy, Hera patrons PLUS an OP Apollo patron added to the mix. Each update seems to make it worse.

Point is, there is no fix. Best to start liking the smell of crap cuz that's what this is amounting to.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorr View Post

I still fail to understand why people don't want heros🤔🤔

Don't you want to see defence wins when you log in? Attacking is important too bu defence is more important. For example you don't play for say 20hrs and play say 4 hrs a day. For the maximum time when you aren't there to defend your base and now we have some unit doing that. Isn't that good???
                          If you dont understand yet then its bc you don't want to, it's already been explained a few times.

I couldn't care less what happens to my map when I'm not playing. if someone wins and gets resources, good for them. if I lose a few defenses, then I know its very likely that I'll win the next few matchups based on the trophy/matchup system. It's predictable and doesn't require any user/player input.

Alternatively, recent defense heavy updates (heroes) make the time I am actively playing just frustrating. More specifically, stronger defenses mean I'll attack lower level bases, get less resources per atk, take longer to level up, take longer to upgrade gods....none of that is worth another 100 defense cups in my opinion.

Unspeakable1 I like the idea you proposed. Ppl that care about defense get what they want, ppl who want to atk to level up/upgrade can get what they want as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

If you dont understand yet then its bc you don't want to, it's already been explained a few times.

I couldn't care less what happens to my map when I'm not playing. if someone wins and gets resources, good for them. if I lose a few defenses, then I know its very likely that I'll win the next few matchups based on the trophy/matchup system. It's predictable and doesn't require any user/player input.

Alternatively, recent defense heavy updates (heroes) make the time I am actively playing just frustrating. More specifically, stronger defenses mean I'll attack lower level bases, get less resources per atk, take longer to level up, take longer to upgrade gods....none of that is worth another 100 defense cups in my opinion.

Unspeakable1 I like the idea you proposed. Ppl that care about defense get what they want, ppl who want to atk to level up/upgrade can get what they want as well.
                            I have seen many many people complaining when offence was easy and now when defence is improved same people are complaining(not you. In general). I wonder why.

Do you know I was so so so much against heros were introduced. I would be very very happy if they are gone even now. But..... now my level makes lesser impact on me because of them plus I shifted my game from pure slowpush to pure mono within last 2 or 3 months so heros don't make much issues for me anymore. When heros came I was around 114 level and they troubled me like anything because I was arte patron slowpush person.

Now gone are those days for me. You can also adjust your attacking style instead of complaining. Slowpush is fun but arte in first wave is not good. People took so much advantage with arte in 1st wave. With 3 heros that has stopped at least for now but with hero nerf lets see how long that lasts.

I hope they give us ability to heal heros and some hero buff as soon as possible. Nerfing heros is not what we were expecting. I was actually thinking they will remove revenge effect on at least 1 or 2 heros but that didn't happen.

Anyways let's see how it goes on.

Comment

Thor, key point is, defense is not active play. I am not getting on for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening to defend my base, My primary objective would be to use elixir and attack, chit chat in the alliance, help a few attacks. Yes i do enjoy seeing defensive wins, but its not as important, since i don’t lose any resources, just cups and a bit of my pride. But if I lose 2 or 3 of my attacks it is far more frustrating and demoralizing.

That said, unspeakable is right, you cannot have people 20 levels below you wiping your base. However this a specific problem of offense/defense imbalance at higher levels. This problem does not exist for levels below 100. I have never had a level 80 take out my lvl 100 base. Problem is at 105 imbalances creep in, you have all gods and all skills unlocked and you have enough gold to mimic near max gods and skills where it is possible to take out much higher level bases. One solution is to cap skill levels on Gods. So you not getting the extra gears unless you hit level 120 or 140 etc.

This is a level 105 and greater problem. Lets not apply fixes to level 100 and below.

Comment

Thorr Yes, I noticed that too. I knew back when ppl were complaining about offense/defense imbalances that they'd change sides if/when they realized how it isn't fun to lose..

No complaining here, just expressing opinions - same as you.

Just bc you switched doesn't mean the rest of us should. I've played mono on other accounts at various levels and switched on my main for about 2 months and you're absolutely right. These heroes don't mean anything when you play that strategy....I largely didn't even care to see what heroes where on the map...but don't you think that's more a validation of the problem than anything else?

I prefer slow push bc I find it more fun. The game should not dictate that we HAVE to play mono to get along.

All that needed to happen, was to boost the other patrons to add variety. Instead of just listening to feedback from dedicated players, devs went and tried to go above and beyond and gave us something no one was asking for....again.

Comment

Working...
                                X