4.2 Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leroy View Post
    Generally we have always given a strong preference to boosting things instead of nerfing things when possible. Nerfing things generally just makes people mad, because you often are directly forcing them to change a strategy that they believe works for them well. Unfortunately, sometimes a nerf is really the only reasonable way out of an imbalance situation. No doubt we'll take a look at patron Artemis for future releases. No guarantees for doing anything, and no guarantees for not doing anything. It may be that Artemis really needs a nerf, it may be that other patrons could use a boost. Or maybe the addition of new gods/towers/heroes/whatever makes any changes to Artemis patron totally unnecessary. In any case, TBD.

leroy
    I’d like a patron in Underworld. Thanks 😀

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by War Hammer View Post

I’d like a patron in Underworld. Thanks 😀

Chris
      You‘ll get your patron right after the next two UW gods have been released, who, for some unknown reason , will be also be single target again.
      What I want most is a reduced loot penalty for UW, the current one is very unfair.

Comment

Underworld. No patron. No environments. No spartans. No heroes. Be attacked by Olympus gods and complain they're too strong or Underworld bases are too weak. Then remember: no patron, no environment, no spartan, no hero is pretty much how the game USED to be. As the defenses got OP, the gods got OP to match. As it was mentioned, they like to boost rather than nerf. Olympus has been boosted to the extreme over the years. I think the item most lacking for underworld is useful assist troops. No VW, acolytes, fish. It's mostly skeleton variants and zap variants. Persephone should have a heal assist power like Apollo. Yeah, it's derivative, but a heal is sorely needed.
        SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          Underworld. No patron. No environments. No spartans. No heroes. Be attacked by Olympus gods and complain they're too strong or Underworld bases are too weak. Then remember: no patron, no environment, no spartan, no hero is pretty much how the game USED to be. As the defenses got OP, the gods got OP to match. As it was mentioned, they like to boost rather than nerf. Olympus has been boosted to the extreme over the years. I think the item most lacking for underworld is useful assist troops. No VW, acolytes, fish. It's mostly skeleton variants and zap variants. Persephone should have a heal assist power like Apollo. Yeah, it's derivative, but a heal is sorely needed.
          I mean, they do have environments. They just boost differently from OL environments. What they don't have are the houses which constitute much of the boosts in OL and honestly, I'm fine with that, we just need a different equivalent (say, like giving adjacent bonuses to current buildings). A beefier troop would be nice, not that I don't enjoy my skellies. I'm just confused why no reanimate in an UW scenario. Should be teaming with all manner of nasty buggers. Crossing fingers for a hydra at some point.
          Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

My UW base gets smashed to bits left and right each day with no chance of winning. Not happy at all about it but can’t be helped either so whatever.
            No patron is utter nonsense however since the game asks me to attack heavily buffed OW bases. Pink heroes, mass gorgons and spartans vs underpowered UW gods.
            I am Lv 110 UW, above 4K you get matched with Lv 125 plus bases, even Hera 135 shows up there. You‘re lucky getting 5/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post

Nope not at all for me they need to take artemis temple and her monument and the rest is so weak.
              Unfortunately I can't tell anti arte base building strategy. But she can be stopped easily if base is properly built.

See what i understand, arte base counters arte patron, Poseidon counters Poseidon patron, ares counters ares patron and so on.

Some additional things to be considered while building. Just don't turn on environment and regret. Build it better way.

Put on a base based on what patron u face most.

No environment can defeat all patron because players need to win as well right? If anyone starts loosing all the time, he or she won't play this game out of frustration.

And if you keep complaining about loosing to arte patron, build a base accordingly.

My base holds against arte patron really well but Poseidon patron no hopes. I cant expect any environment to stop every patron.

Just voicing out my opinion.

Nothing personal at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorr View Post

Unfortunately I can't tell anti arte base building strategy. But she can be stopped easily if base is properly built.

See what i understand, arte base counters arte patron, Poseidon counters Poseidon patron, ares counters ares patron and so on.

Some additional things to be considered while building. Just don't turn on environment and regret. Build it better way.

Put on a base based on what patron u face most.

No environment can defeat all patron because players need to win as well right? If anyone starts loosing all the time, he or she won't play this game out of frustration.

And if you keep complaining about loosing to arte patron, build a base accordingly.

My base holds against arte patron really well but Poseidon patron no hopes. I cant expect any environment to stop every patron.

Just voicing out my opinion.

Nothing personal at all.
                I tried to build an anti Artemis patron with Artemis environment bunch of time but it just never work. Only counter Hades patron.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                  Actually, they need to destroy all the statue things and the citadel in order to win. And, unlike the overworld, the citadel has an impenetrable shield until all statues get destroyed. It also has ice towers that can freeze. When frozen, if there are a mass of ice towers, the god/goddess will only unfreeze for a few seconds before freezing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post

I tried to build an anti Artemis patron with Artemis environment bunch of time but it just never work. Only counter Hades patron.
                    You should use things that can target many enemies, like zeus monument or artemis monument. Or, if you can, use lots of gorgon towers. They can target anything in its range, and it has very huge range. they can also decimate enemy troops that act as a shield. And, with artemis environment with artemis houses and artemis temple can greatly boost range of the other buildings. Also use fire towers, as they will end up with huge range. And will quickly kill melee gods. Finally, use hera and/or hermes monuments, as they produce soldiers every 4 seconds, and spartan academies, as they provide very strong defense. If you have academies and archery ranges, even better. It's like a bull. the hoplites, vengeance warriors, and marathoners are the body, and the spartans and archers are the horns. combined with gorgon towers, fire towers, monuments, and other stuff, you can quickly destroy the enemy's strongest gods, therefore they will start targeting artemis. And, without any other gods for support, artemis patron isn't that strong anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Athene View Post

You should use things that can target many enemies, like zeus monument or artemis monument. Or, if you can, use lots of gorgon towers. They can target anything in its range, and it has very huge range. they can also decimate enemy troops that act as a shield. And, with artemis environment with artemis houses and artemis temple can greatly boost range of the other buildings. Also use fire towers, as they will end up with huge range. And will quickly kill melee gods. Finally, use hera and/or hermes monuments, as they produce soldiers every 4 seconds, and spartan academies, as they provide very strong defense. If you have academies and archery ranges, even better. It's like a bull. the hoplites, vengeance warriors, and marathoners are the body, and the spartans and archers are the horns. combined with gorgon towers, fire towers, monuments, and other stuff, you can quickly destroy the enemy's strongest gods, therefore they will start targeting artemis. And, without any other gods for support, artemis patron isn't that strong anymore.
                      They use the 2 wave Artemis strategy and once Artemis is on the battle Zeus and Artemis monument gone

Comment

Just for a little change of pace here, anyone else remember when mono-god strategy was the unbeatable one?

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post

I've been Team Hades since before even the patron update, tried little forays with others and none ever quite felt as fluid when attacking. Same with environment, never quite connected with any other besides Hades... Athena maybe... Either way, i took the advice given in your other thread and rid myself of ballistas to focus more on crowd control towers so medusas could blast that pesky Arty. Will see how it turns out. I'm level 102 and often get trashed by 10-20 levels higher than me so maybe the addition of two more medusas will help. Thanks!
                          Update: currently have won 1 out if the past 5 defenses since changing things about... That was against a lv 92. The others were 110 or higher... Level matters!

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
                            - "Super-reanimate" has been removed
                            - Hades monument speed issue resolved
                            Olympus Hades didn't need a nerf. Speed issue on Hades' Monument made it a priority target, now it's back to worthless.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
                              Just for a little change of pace here, anyone else remember when mono-god strategy was the unbeatable one?
                              Did this change? Lol, mono is a little harder than it looks, sure. But it's still by far the mecca of stategies, despite what this nerf arty thread suggests.

- matches take less than 2 mins vs slow push 4-6 mins ...means more resources and easier to grind
                              - 100% side steps like 90% of bases (which can be millions/billions in stone on larger bases)
                              - assists really don't effect you one way or another (helping you or def against you) whereas it can make or break slow push
                              - the rise in effective arty patrons causes more hades/arty environments which....surprise...makes it easier easier for mono
                              - I can't say definatively but I'd argue that with two equally skilled players in both strategies, the mono player will have the higher offense cups

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

Did this change? Lol, mono is a little harder than it looks, sure. But it's still by far the mecca of stategies, despite what this nerf arty thread suggests.

- matches take less than 2 mins vs slow push 4-6 mins ...means more resources and easier to grind
                                - 100% side steps like 90% of bases (which can be millions/billions in stone on larger bases)
                                - assists really don't effect you one way or another (helping you or def against you) whereas it can make or break slow push
                                - the rise in effective arty patrons causes more hades/arty environments which....surprise...makes it easier easier for mono
                                - I can't say definatively but I'd argue that with two equally skilled players in both strategies, the mono player will have the higher offense cups
                                If you are skilled you are going to have the cups.. no matter if you play mono or slowpush. Currently the person who has more offense cups is a pusher 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comment

Working...
                                X