Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathena
    replied
    The “Not sure he’s quite intelligent yet” part at the end made me HOWL with laughter! So thanks for that Fritz

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
    Just watched a defense and did the math. Even without a patron Poseidon, something is wrong with the Kraken.

Kraken 70 = 200,000
    Inspiration 70 = +110%
    Total Kraken = 420,000

Unless something has changed, according to Leroy in Nov 2017, The Kraken will not destroy any building over 1/4 of the power's strength
    420,000 / 4 = 105,000

A tentacle took out my Aphrodite Monument after the purple temple was destroyed. All houses were intact.
    Monument = 32,100 + 89,199 - (32,100 * 0.0968) = 118,191.72

The thing rages for at least a minute on all the defenses I've viewed, drawing every troop toward it, seemingly, forever. I remember the bug where Water Blast accidentally boosted the Kraken. And Water Blast was tinkered with so that may be worth looking into.

Also watched Odysseus shooting at a near dead Cerberus who was close to finishing a temple. The attacker then dropped Apollo somewhere further away and Odysseus abandoned attacking Cerberus to go after the god. Cost a temple. Not sure he's fully intelligent yet ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    Una pregunta sobre los héroes.. tirando los templos o las casas que rodean la academia, el héroe pierde la bonificacion?.. he visto que la bonificacion de apolo si, pero las demás me pareció que no. Gracias!!

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post

It is possible to hide Aphrodite behind a tower and she escapes detection! I've done it a few times, but it doesn't work every time! No need for secrets
    Not quite. I think that could be related. Aphrodite not being hit when she should, Hermes being targeted when he's clearly not the closest to Odysseus. And, it seems to me, not much inclination to have any of it fixed, which is a bit of a shame.

Leave a comment:

• DM
    replied
    Originally posted by leroy View Post

The shield component of Hera's revenge still works, just not the reflect damage part.

The quick answer as to why they are resistant to revenge is because ranged heroes are generally high damage dealers with lowish health, and they might just immediately die due to revenge and become completely worthless. We've talked about maybe making each hero resistant to a different god power, and as more heroes are released, this still might be something we consider.

leroy
    "Lowish" health ?
    Was checking opponent my level i lost to.
    Odysseus health on 55 level is without any boost , just basic health : 75100 units .
    That is almost as much as 45 level temple . A 45 level temple has health 75600 units .

The 55 health level of Hades is 75075
    That is more than Aphrodite and Artemis (37538 on level 55) that are the more fragile and Hermes and Apollo that come next (56307)

So Odysseus lowish health , but has as default more health in same level as 5 of the 10 gods of the pantheon .

The Odysseus in my opponent base has its health boosted by 2 pink houses and the temples boost bonus .
    He gets a 103825 units health boost . His total health is 178925.

Athena , the God with the most health on same level compared to others has a 55 level health of 135135 units.

So is Odysseus a lowish health unit ? Looks like by default he is not. With just couple of trth 1 Aphrodite house health boost and he becomes a health tank. And that brings me to my next question . It looks like that not all the houses work the same way on already spawned troops when their relevant temple is down and houses are down too. Some keep the boost effect and some don't. I never understood how that works and why it's not working same way in all the houses . I would really appreciate an answer on that from you or any other developer . Thank you .

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leroy
    replied

I assume for his regular shot, when it comes to "closeness," he always targets the nearest enemy (either troop or god from what I've seen). But perhaps not. I just saw him shoot Hermes with a regular arrow, even though he was standing behind 3 other gods. I've also seen another abnormality involving Aphrodite and can share that privately for fear of exploitation.
    His regular shot uses the same targeting logic as every other unit in the game.

leroy

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied

I assume for his regular shot, when it comes to "closeness," he always targets the nearest enemy (either troop or god from what I've seen). But perhaps not. I just saw him shoot Hermes with a regular arrow, even though he was standing behind 3 other gods. I've also seen another abnormality involving Aphrodite and can share that privately for fear of exploitation.
    It is possible to hide Aphrodite behind a tower and she escapes detection! I've done it a few times, but it doesn't work every time! No need for secrets

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied
    Now his power targets the closest enemy god that is within his power range and if none in power range he will just target the closest enemy building or troop.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    Yes and no, as creatures of habit, we get used to doing things a certain way, so when changes come along, so to does resistance, and adaptability, but flip flopping between nerfs and buffs, makes the process more frustrating, and you guys tend to go to the extremes, and never quite hitting that sweet balance spot.

This update will woo back the def junkies, just as I was wooed back from a few months long break, by the recent updates. Till you woo me again... Take care CASTIEL!

Leave a comment:

• CASTIEL
    replied
    Hopefully with the current balances between the gods, and not having one overpowered choice to set as patron players will have an environment where they can enjoy playing and testing all patrons to create new and fun attack options naturally and organically 🙂(while also being able to enjoy defenses and new possibilities in city building)

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandias
    replied
    I don't understand why there's always 'monogodders' that want things to be worse for pushers, & vice versa, pushers that want to punish monogod! State your case without putting the other side down, boring for one is fun for the other! One man's meat, and all that!

The question now, for me at least, is whether the game has swung too much, in favor of def. If it has, I'll probably land up playing less until an update comes along that sparks my interest again!

More than anything, there's room for more styles than just push and monogod, & I urge the devs to create a game environment that allows it to develop naturally. Slow push relies on Hera/Arty patrons, mono relies on Ares/Poseidon patrons! 3rd style could be HIT & RUN, with Athena/Hermes patrons, 4th style could be ARMIES OR WAR Games with one of the troop makers (Athena, Hades, Aphrodite) as patron!

Which just leaves Zeus & Apollo out, maybe an UNLIKELY INSANITY technique could accommodate them! But, in order for it to happen there can't be buff and nerfs every week, pick one and stick with it! And we'll do the rest in figuring it out!

P.S. Increasing Poseidon range without giving him the requisite strength to take out a big temple on his own is a bit mean spirited. Imagine patron ares or hera not able to get a main health temple

Leave a comment:

• Den0689
    replied
    Originally posted by Demeter View Post
    Great comment DM. Every thing you buff def. Slow push get neft BUT DEV still neft slowpush.

Mono style is great but NOT FUN, Gods in slow push can die easily, Mono style dont care any towers barrack even heros.
    How they touch gods in mono style? Drop Drop Drop run a little and end game.

Slow push style , It is not dead but coma
    I totally agree. I don't understand why devs have nerfed Hera also. Hera had already the handicap that don't reflect damages to heroes (and i can understand this). Slow push was already hidden more than mono, cause all 3 heroes are a problem for slow push player, while for mono player the only heroes that can be a problem is Odisseus.

In this way i think some players may lose the pleasure and the desire to play, cause not all like mono style.

You buff Apollo sun strike (that another time is a buff for mono) and Hermes haste.

if Hera had stayed the same I think the meta would have been more balanced anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Demeter
    replied
    Great comment DM. Every thing you buff def. Slow push get neft BUT DEV still neft slowpush.

Mono style is great but NOT FUN, Gods in slow push can die easily, Mono style dont care any towers barrack even heros.
    How they touch gods in mono style? Drop Drop Drop run a little and end game.

Slow push style , It is not dead but coma
    Last edited by Demeter; May 7, 2020, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DM
    replied

The shield component of Hera's revenge still works, just not the reflect damage part.

The quick answer as to why they are resistant to revenge is because ranged heroes are generally high damage dealers with lowish health, and they might just immediately die due to revenge and become completely worthless. We've talked about maybe making each hero resistant to a different god power, and as more heroes are released, this still might be something we consider.

leroy
    Thank you for the reply . My bad for concluding that Heras shield didn't work on Hero attacks.

I understand your reply about Heroes would die due to revenge reflect effect . Is the same logic you have used when you released Spartans. Spartans are "regular" troops , and yet they cannot be charmed and their building is uncharmable too . Imo that put Aphrodite in a handicap, as , for the first time in the game she couldn't charm neither a troop nor a building that is considered a "regular" defence building (as one can buy more than one etc) . I can understand the logic of temples , houses (derivatives of temples) and monuments (that are unique for each god) not to be charmable but i really cant understand why Athenas monument hoplites and Hermes marathoners are charmable and Spartans not . Is like Athena and Hermes "special" troops are less special in comparison to Ares , Hera , Poseidon and Hades and less special than Spartans too.

Imo Aphrodite since Spartans were introduced gained a huge handicap as a goddess. Her design by default was to charm troops and buildings and now with Spartans she couldn't and can't do that . Furthermore Spartans cannot be more special troops than Hermes marathoners and Athenas hoplites, is truly offensive to both those Gods. Is like their influence on their special troops is less than the rest of the Gods and further more a regular troop "Spartans" is more special than their own special unique troops.

Few months later the introduction of Heroes is done in the game . Suddenly Aphrodites 3rd power is not working on Heroes. Her second power not working on them either as heroes imittiatly see the charmed building and can destroy it instantly. Further more 1 Hero , Adonis provides 100% counter effect to her first ability .
    (Then Adonis is modified to have 100% counter effect to Hades 1st ability too.)

Heras second ability revenge , loses one of the 2 aspects on Heros , she can no longer reflect any damage to them thus revenge name of 2nd power not appropriate anymore as far as Heroes are concerned.

Of the 3 Heroes currently released only Odysseus has effect on monogod technique, other 2 Heroes are pretty useless to counter monogoders, on the contrary both 3 Heroes could be effective to counter slow push techinque.

Aphrodite is equally affected in both techniques if she is used in slow push as first goddess to charm a building in the middle to make a hole , or first Goddess in the start of the slow push wave of Gods (and that is how she is usually used in the slow push techinque).

Hera is greatly affected for slow push techinque specially from Odysseus as she cannot stop him damaging the rest of the push fragile ranged gods. For monogod style Hera is usually used just to take 1 temple with lots of houses around it usually Blue , yellow or purple, seen her even take Poseidon temple that way so not much affected on monogod technique.

Hades is greatly affected by Adonis in slow push techinque as his first power is 100% counter affected and not at all affected on monogod technique as his 2nd power is not affected at all .

Anyone that knows how to play with both styles knows that , slow push is much more affected by the Heroes introduction compared to monogod style .
    Imo for an average player to use monogod style is much easier than to use slow push style and with Poseidon as he currently is , using him as Patron with monogod style will definitely be a much easier way to win battles .

If you indeed have more game activity, that could be a a pretty logical and reasonable explanation. (Same basic data analysis would lead to easy safe conclusions)

Of course for beating many levels above your level , requires skill , technique and speed and there are in the game some really extraordinary monogod players that are truly admirable to all .

I dont want to be dramatic but slow push techinque is really going downhill . It is not dead , and i don't think that it will ever be dead , but it is clearly more difficult and more time consuming for an avarage player to master . Heras 2nd ability not working on Heroes is a strong hit to that technique.

My understanding is that, the majority of people that use the slow push technique , are less loud and less dramatic than average forum user . So i dont anticipate much reaction. People will try to adapt but some will be less and less active. Same as in the past . My real question is who will put time and effort to teach the new generation of players how to properly push ?

Last edited by DM; May 7, 2020, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DM
    replied
    Originally posted by Madcarrot View Post

I'm level 100 now 😀
    But it's not the size of the level that counts it's how you use it.

By that reasoning the Aphrodite monument has been broken for quite a while too... charm some troops to your side just for them to be charmed back two seconds later completely negating the power she just used.

But also Leroy said that Oddesyus only targets the closest god... so all you really have to do is put an Athena or someone else tanky in front of her.
    He only plays monogod style , same as Bennett above . On monogod tactic usually , one drops Aphrodite alone on a temple , preferably surrounded by one or more fire towers to take it down. That is what all monogoders cant efficiently do anymore and that's the true reason of complaining. If they really cared about Aphrodite, they would had complain earlier , when Spartans were released. When for the first time in game a "regular troop" could not be charmed neither could the building that spawns them . Aphrodite from that point forward stopped functioning according to original desing.

Yesteday as a test i did 29 attacks with my 90 level account which had more than 100k nectar . All normal , all Poseidon patron and monogod style . I never had more than 2 assisters in every battles . Absolute majority of battles just 1 assister . I am pretty average player btw and i had switched from monogod to slow push style about a year ago , so i am not the optimum monogoder. I only lost 3 battles out of the 29 all normal ones .

Monogod style in my opinion is definitely much faster than slow push style . It is ideal when someone intentionally drops trophies and uses gems to fight many fights in a row to a pool of opponents many many levels lower than him/her. This way it provides , many fast easy wins and thus is the optimum way to go when "farming".

Conclusion is that the majority of gamers that consistently and repeatedly use gems to fight battles use the excact practice above . Idk how long situation is like this but it has definitely been like this since i started having some understanding of the game. The gamers that can really afford to use gems in this way , are either the gamers that spend huge amount of money constantly buying gems , or the ones that consistently are really doing good (places 1-10) in weakly challanges .

The devs of the game , since they have build the game in a way, that they have real revenues ,only from in game purchases, they really value the opinion/s of the players that spent the most amount of money in the game.

That was , is and will be the way of things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X