3.12 Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DM View Post
    If Hera doesnt reflect damage to Heroes and her shield is useless to their damage too, then why should Athenas shiled Aegis should not be affected?
    The shield component of Hera's revenge still works, just not the reflect damage part.

The quick answer as to why they are resistant to revenge is because ranged heroes are generally high damage dealers with lowish health, and they might just immediately die due to revenge and become completely worthless. We've talked about maybe making each hero resistant to a different god power, and as more heroes are released, this still might be something we consider.

leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by leroy View Post
      We've submitted a build with some balance changes, primarily a nerf to water blast Poseidon (both patron and non-patron). More details to follow.

leroy
      That's a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroy View Post

The shield component of Hera's revenge still works, just not the reflect damage part.

The quick answer as to why they are resistant to revenge is because ranged heroes are generally high damage dealers with lowish health, and they might just immediately die due to revenge and become completely worthless. We've talked about maybe making each hero resistant to a different god power, and as more heroes are released, this still might be something we consider.

leroy
        We've learnt to play without Aphrodite! I'm a true fan of hers, so it's sad to see her so downtrodden! If heroes have to be resistant to powers it should be from the tanks, who can take a hit. What will it take to make Aphrodite a favorite for patron? She needs some love!

Comment

• How Diablo can read all the threads since 3.10 and come up with a consensus of "we love it" is truly baffling. "We complain about it" would be more apropos. Yes, it's closer to "we love it" than 3.10, but are we there yet?

If the bugs that crept in weren't gigantic and hugely impactful bugs, "we love it" would possibly apply. But how long ago was 3.10 and we're still dealing with major fallout? You honestly can't say the update achieved the "we love it" effect. At least not yet. Of course, when the dust settles, everyone may end up loving it. But everyone loving the update weeks after it was released because people spent weeks ferreting out and complaining about multiple bugs and issues probably isn't the reaction anyone was hoping for.

"We love the update except" or "We'll love the update when..." is where I think many are at. And that just isn't the same as "we love it" three weeks ago.
          SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

• The players on the forums and the players/alliances that are the highest on the leaderboards tend to be the most dedicated and passionate about the game. They care deeply about (im)balance adjustments, and they always provide great feedback and strong opinions on the state of the game. These players are very valuable to us for many reasons. But also be careful in thinking that this forum represents the 'normal' player.

There is a very, very large group of players in GoO that is more casual and frankly maybe more forgiving or indifferent about balance changes. Generally, most metrics are pretty far up after this release, so I think there are a good number of players that actually are generally pretty happy with the new hero academy and the release. With that said, could this release have gone more smoothly? Of course, absolutely.

leroy

Comment

• I can honestly say whatever I honestly want and how I honestly feel is not determined by your severe aversion to bugs, or other people’s opinions. You do not speak for anyone except yourself so stop. This actually hurts your argument instead of reinforcing your opinion. Your opinion is valid, but not everyone feels the same, and overreacting to one component that is very fixable with no long term ramifications rather than looking at it for what it is, is irrational and immature.

Something is not beautiful because it is perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post

We've learnt to play without Aphrodite! I'm a true fan of hers, so it's sad to see her so downtrodden! If heroes have to be resistant to powers it should be from the tanks, who can take a hit. What will it take to make Aphrodite a favorite for patron? She needs some love!
                I use Aphrodite a lot, just beat the Hero first and she's fine, if you ignore the Hero it's going to destroy you... it's not about Aphrodite being weak, it's about how you use her.
                "Legion of Tartarus". They're so hot right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post

How true we have a level 99 player who is close to 100. My advice your missing Aphrodite and doing fine without her so your resources are much better spent upgrading patron points, the argument of just kill the hero first doesn’t fly because because that could be said about all the gods, how has the hero update affected the ultimates of all the other gods, let’s say you drop Hera and use inspiration is that cancelled by the hero, does hades refuse to release cerebus because a hero is on the field, does the hero ignore showtime, let’s get our heads out of the sand ( hope that isn’t to inflammatory) and realize there is a reason why their called ultimates. So for all you players who have yet purchased Aphrodite my advise is to ignore her and put your resources to better use. Sure her temple will increase your defense but the cost/ benefit is not worth it.

Bennett

Comment

• Dear devs..
                    I ll give a advice..
                    if u nerf posi, plz dont forget the rest of owerpowerd gods..
                    Dont like deja vu..just feel like a hamster in a wheel.
                    greetings..

Comment

• Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                      I can honestly say whatever I honestly want and how I honestly feel is not determined by your severe aversion to bugs, or other people’s opinions. You do not speak for anyone except yourself so stop. This actually hurts your argument instead of reinforcing your opinion. Your opinion is valid, but not everyone feels the same, and overreacting to one component that is very fixable with no long term ramifications rather than looking at it for what it is, is irrational and immature.

Something is not beautiful because it is perfect.
                      I never said "everyone" feels the same and you keep repeating that false argument. When referencing how people feel in general, I'm obviously speaking about the people who are actually posting because, you know, I can see and read their posts. To me, it looks like there are more critical posts about these issues than supportive ones. I guess it's just me.

One component? We've had two urgent bugfixes and now another perceived problem by many users who have been commenting on the forums. This is more than one component. At least in my opinion because 1 is less than all other positive integers. This may not necessarily reflect the opinion of Diablo nor any other users of the forum, users of the Gods of Olympus App, nor any other humans on the planet Earth nor any sentient beings on any other planets known or unknown now or in the future. Hopefully that language indemnifies me.

I can't speak to any actual metrics. I've just seen quite a few grumbling in my own alliance about Poseidon. Just as many were grumbling about undying heroes. The grumbling players are usually 80+. Obviously, newer players or lower level players who won't even encounter these issues won't complain about them. And any players grumbling in their alliances or privately hating heroes or any other aspect of the update, might continue playing anyway. Although if metrics are up, I guess that means the average player is playing more. It will be interesting to see if they continue playing more if their Poseidon's (not patron) are nerfed since offense will likely go down, especially among the mid-range players.
                      SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bennett the Bandit View Post

the argument of just kill the hero first doesn’t fly because because that could be said about all the gods, how has the hero update affected the ultimates of all the other gods, let’s say you drop Hera and use inspiration is that cancelled by the hero, does hades refuse to release cerebus because a hero is on the field

Bennett
                        You might as well say that the Aphrodite monument is broken too because it completely negates Aphrodites awe ability, and Athena's Hoplite abilities.
                        It only affects the abilities of 2 gods and doesn't affect every other gods abilities.

But nobody says that because we know that we can just work around it.
                        So just work around this, it's not hard, you're one of the top players I believe in you.

Comment

• Fritz it must be exhausting being you, it just sounds like you enjoy misery.
                          Still complaining about issues that were fixed, immediately after discovery? No bonus points for fast turn around? No glass half full?
                          We We We....that is all inclusive, not just counting who you choose. You seem to try to bash down any trace of positivity which is why I made a post stating no WE don’t all feel this way. You cannot have it both ways. You don’t get to silence the voices that differ then throw it in everyone’s face that there are no vocal opposing views.
                          Stop trying to control the conversation and others point of view. If you reread there were people in agreement, I just wonder how many voices you have silenced over the years by badgering anyone who speaks an opinion that is different from yours.

Comment

• Community: "we need a defensive buff"

(Game gets a defensive buff)

Community: "this defense is killing my gods"

(Yeah that's what defence is supposed to do)

Comment

• Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                              Fritz it must be exhausting being you, it just sounds like you enjoy misery.
                              Still complaining about issues that were fixed, immediately after discovery? No bonus points for fast turn around? No glass half full?
                              We We We....that is all inclusive, not just counting who you choose. You seem to try to bash down any trace of positivity which is why I made a post stating no WE don’t all feel this way. You cannot have it both ways. You don’t get to silence the voices that differ then throw it in everyone’s face that there are no vocal opposing views.
                              Stop trying to control the conversation and others point of view. If you reread there were people in agreement, I just wonder how many voices you have silenced over the years by badgering anyone who speaks an opinion that is different from yours.
                              Yes. I'm still complaining about issues that have been fixed not simply pointing out that there WERE many issues people were vocal about and hence no "we love it" moment.

Yes. If there is no "we love it" moment for the devs, that obviously means every single person playing did not like even one aspect of the multitude of updates. That was exactly what I meant. I clearly meant every single player and I stand corrected. You're completely right and I'm completely wrong.

When I said "there are more critical posts about these issues than supportive ones" I was clearly stating there were no vocal opposing views and I apologize.

I apologize for badgering Leroy because his opinion differed from mine. After I gave two responses, I even stated I was done. I guess Leroy was badgering me as well since his opinion differed and he responded equally. Apparently, you and I have different opinions on what I meant by a "we love it" moment. Do your continued responses qualify as badgering as well? I know mine will, so I'm done as this conversation can serve no further purpose. Here's looking at 3.13. Good night everybody!
                              SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

• It’s always nice of you to announce when the conversation is over. If you would like to leave the obligatory last word, as we all know you will, I will leave the conversation there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X