No announcement yet.

3.12 Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we cannot prevent it, we can at least make it more troublesome.

Comment

• C.
      We cannot hide our bases. We can however limit the amount of people you’re dealing with.
      In this games case, a base builder deals with the few astute visiting players who make reasonably good copies. As copies get copied, the formula is diluted in one way or another.
      This contamination of the formula is why you will sometimes see the same base with wildly different defense numbers.
      You can see the base. You can guess more or less the levels. You can make a reasonable copy. An exact copy takes more work. As it should. As it has always been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markers View Post
        C sounds most reasonable. Getting rid of replay or visit option would be a huge back step of the game. Like I said before, imitating the base to certain level is of course possible with option C, but it would at least be harder and more troublesome in relative to D, E, and F.
        If you are going to copy a base, either looking at another device simultaneously or by using screenshots is by far the easiest/fastest way to do it. And if this is how you are doing it, C and D and E are all identical.

leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by leroy View Post

If you are going to copy a base, either looking at another device simultaneously or by using screenshots is by far the easiest/fastest way to do it. And if this is how you are doing it, C and D and E are all identical.

leroy
          That's a good point, actually. I think I'm beginning to see the problem. Maybe we were too stubborn on our points to see that. No matter what we do, we can barely restrict the ones from copying the base. So might as well give benefits to the innocent(?) players who just like to check out other players' bases. Although, I still think not providing them information on the upgrades of the buildings can put them off the track by little.

Comment

• I've never copied a base. I assume it's not difficult, just time consuming. Part of the time consumption would be putting down a pink house, then scrolling to find a red house, then clicking and scrolling to find a ballista. Very tedious.

Now, just double click my pink houses, see you need ten of them and buy ten of them. Then buy 12 red houses. The purchasing has been greatly simplified. They then just need to move items into place. While scrolling around to move some of the items could also be tedious, I think it would pale in comparison to navigating the actual purchasing screens.

I don't think people are asking for a deadbolt, but no sense leaving the key under the mat either.
            SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
              I've never copied a base. I assume it's not difficult, just time consuming. Part of the time consumption would be putting down a pink house, then scrolling to find a red house, then clicking and scrolling to find a ballista. Very tedious.

Now, just double click my pink houses, see you need ten of them and buy ten of them. Then buy 12 red houses. The purchasing has been greatly simplified. They then just need to move items into place. While scrolling around to move some of the items could also be tedious, I think it would pale in comparison to navigating the actual purchasing screens.
              Except you would never actually do this. You should actually try copying a base, and see if you would actually use the multi-select functionality. You won't. The way you would copy a base would be to start in a corner to make sure you have your base aligned correctly. Then you might see an Apollo temple with 12 Apollo houses around it, and place the Apollo temple in the middle and drag 12 Apollo houses around it. Then, you'd either go across, or go vertically, or go in blocks. Whatever. What you won't do is purchase 18 Apollo houses because you multi-clicked on Apollo houses and noticed there were 18 total and try to find the positions of them all over the map. Frankly, your strategy just isn't easier at all. At best it might be equivalent time, but I suspect significantly worse.

If the door is already open, you don't need a key.

leroy

Comment

• Good grief. I never said you would place all 18 Apollo houses in their final positions at once...lmao. Not sure what game you think I've been playing for the past 3 years. You would put all your items down starting in one corner and perhaps DON'T buy temples or barracks to save empty spaces. Then, start placing in the opposite corner. Towers and houses would be prepurchased and you could drag them to their final places. A temple or two could be used as placeholders for large buildings to make sure distance is proper. Then just fill in the holes by purchasing the large buildings. I'm a bit dismayed I had to spell it all out. And I'm sure no actual base-copiers would admit to this being easier if it actually IS easier since they want to preserve the new keyless entry.

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                The burning question is WHY did a good number of users ask for this feature? The ONLY reason a user would ask for this feature is to make base copying easier. I can think of no other valid reason.
                You're the one who told us many asked for this feature. I still don't have an answer as to WHY this feature would be requested if not to aid base copying. Is there an alternate explanation?

And actually, an open door would be a "copy" button when you look at anyone else's base. You haven't given us that feature......yet.
                SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Good grief. I never said you would place all 18 Apollo houses in their final positions at once...lmao. Not sure what game you think I've been playing for the past 3 years. You would put all your items down starting in one corner and perhaps DON'T buy temples or barracks to save empty spaces. Then, start placing in the opposite corner. Towers and houses would be prepurchased and you could drag them to their final places. A temple or two could be used as placeholders for large buildings to make sure distance is proper. Then just fill in the holes by purchasing the large buildings. I'm a bit dismayed I had to spell it all out. And I'm sure no actual base-copiers would admit to this being easier if it actually IS easier since they want to preserve the new keyless entry.
                  Good grief is right! You've never copied a base, but clearly you are the authority as to the fastest most efficient way to copy it! I'm telling you, I have built (and yes, copied many for testing purposes!) more bases than you can possibly imagine. Your way is much more time consuming. Seriously, try it out!

You're the one who told us many asked for this feature. I still don't have an answer as to WHY this feature would be requested if not to aid base copying. Is there an alternate explanation?
                  Yes! I've heard this request mostly from mid-level and beginning players when looking at high-level (top ranked 100 or players from top alliance ranked) bases. Not so much from top-level players. They are trying to determine the relative worth for houses or towers and such, and want to do a quick survey across many, many bases to try to determine the answer of something like, "Are Hades houses actually worthwhile at all? Do people really build these (or should I just build Aphrodite houses)?" "Should I build more fire towers or more ballista towers?". "What is the best type of house?" "Should I build more archery ranges or academies?" They aren't looking to copy the base, they are just looking for general information to either influence their base design or help influence their next god purchase. If they are primarily a base-builder looking to choose between Apollo, Athena, and Hermes, for example, they would be checking to see which houses are most prevalent among the top 100 players to determine which might help them the most.

And actually, an open door would be a "copy" button when you look at anyone else's base. You haven't given us that feature......yet.
                  And actually, my analogy is correct. An open door lets you come in and look at all you want, but it still takes a ton of work to take all the stuff back to your place. Having a "copy" button would be more like to having willing and ready movers sitting outside. But good try.

leroy

Comment

• I've certainly moved items around my own base and built several from scratch. Much easier moving already placed items than dealing with the existing base editor and pulling out random pieces from it, at least to me. And also possibly for those of us that were constantly getting the try to place a pink house and get a different color issue. I also never claimed to be an authority as I clearly stated that people wouldn't say it was easier even if it IS easier. Notice the "if."

Now if you had replied to my question about WHY people would want to have this feature when I originally asked it, I wouldn't have asked again. Of course, your stock answers of "well, it was always possible to see how many by counting" when people complain about base copiers also applies to these mid-level and beginning players. Having said that, perhaps if you offered this information earlier, many on this thread wouldn't have seen this change as an affront to their base building as in light of this information it seems designed more to appease the demographic you most want to retain.

Actually an open door makes it very easy to, not take EVERYTHING in the place, but it makes it incredibly easy to quickly take the most valuable items and, with a bit more work, you can get the rest.

Your frustration is clearly showing throughout the entire thread. I am genuinely sorry the most recent update(s) aren't having the desired "we love it" effect I'm sure the developers were looking for. I won't anger you further. If I had my druthers, I'd rather the thread return to discussions of more important issues like Super Poseidon anyway.
                    SILENCE IS FOO!

Comment

Your frustration is clearly showing throughout the entire thread. I am genuinely sorry the most recent update(s) aren't having the desired "we love it" effect I'm sure the developers were looking for. I won't anger you further. If I had my druthers, I'd rather the thread return to discussions of more important issues like Super Poseidon anyway.
                      Please STOP trying to speak for the whole community, you do not. Post your thoughts. You don’t love it, wouldn’t expect you to, you have made it clear you don’t want any new features in the past.
                      ”We love it”, sincerely many of us do!
                      Yes changes could be made, and from every post made they could take it in a completely different direction based upon every single person’s personal requests.
                      Once some balance is restored from one single power out of 30 in game powers being stronger than others, and the large scale abuse of this overpower across top accounts, this update will be back to the incredible addition that has changed the game for the best!

Comment

• I agree with Diablo, I think this update is a good one and a positive step forward.

With visiting bases, I do look at the top 10 bases occasionally and look at what houses they put around their monuments and hero's.

Also I like to see how many Gorgon towers people have and how many Spartan academies... it helps me to get a gauge on whether or not I need to have so many Spartan academies (I have 9 Which I think is too many). But comparing it to the top players can be valuable.

I don't really care if people copy my base... It means I am doing really well.

I mean it seems like a bunch of people are complaining about defence being nerfed and losing all your trophies... my defence is 100 trophies higher than my attack... so maybe you guys could all benefit from copying my base because I'm clearly superior 😂😂
                        "Legion of Tartarus". They're so hot right now

Comment

• Must agree with Diablo, at least somewhat. I do love the update in concept, although I wish it hadn’t been necessary in the first place. Update 3.8 forced this one as an attempt to compensate for the mistake. Poseidon needs to be nerfed is glaringly obvious, til it is I and everyone else will continue to abuse him, wreaking havoc throughout the land. As to the city copying I vote for C, should be visible but levels shouldn’t be available

Comment

• We've submitted a build with some balance changes, primarily a nerf to water blast Poseidon (both patron and non-patron). More details to follow.

leroy

Comment

• Is sad to read so many posts about us players having access to see in much details other players bases . Game has been like that since the day i started playing it . I have seen players coping bases since been level 40ish and i had witnessed players giving advice on other players bases by giving examples of well designed bases of the game . I have also witnessed players putting much effort to desing an original strong build base and then been copied immediately by others cause of it s effectiveness.
                              I don't quite understand the reasoning we have so much detailed info on other players bases , but I knew that that was how the game was from the very beginning.

Personally, my real true concern is the following:
                              Since the Heroes update, 2 goddesses of the game dont function as they both were designed in respect to the Heroes and that is truly beyond my understanding. I really dont understand why Aphrodites 3rd ability does not apply to Heroes and why Heras 2nd ability dont apply to them either . I have checked some of game history posts here and I have never ever seen such a discrimination. What was the reason ? I clearly dont understand ! If Hera doesnt reflect damage to Heroes and her shield is useless to their damage too, then why should Athenas shiled Aegis should not be affected ? Where is the logic in that ?
                              Furthermore Heroes are extraordinary troops but Hades rot , does not apply to them , and Artemis long shot may not alwsys hit them as it may hit a single ordinary troop next to the Hero, which i find total waste of a power .

Poseidon problem of the boost range was known months ago , some observative players noticed it . I have seen more than one post here explaining in detail the problemand also discussions were made on discord server too in Dacian group . That i know for months and i had many many times advised lower ranking players than me , when using Poseidon as patron to use their points on his strength and not his 1st power cause of that problem with the wrong boost.

Poseidon should be fixed cause it was discriminated as patron God , not having the boost it should had have .

But why was Hera and Aphrodite so much discriminated against Heros ? Why ?

Anyone that has played both styles in game , burst monogod and slow push style , knows that for slow push Hera is essential, and her revenge / reflect ability is vital on that tactict , regardless if one is using Hera or Artemis as patron to make the slow push .
                              Bust monogod players , before the last update were using Ares mostly as patron God but some were ising Poseidon .After the updste , the absolute majority of those players has switched to Poseidon patron because Poseidon as patron with its current stats is absolutely the stronger God in the game .
                              Sadly Hera having absolutely no effect on Heros with her 2nd ability , that was the one that was predominantly used in slow push tactic , is considered by many slow pushers nerfed , (both Artemis and Hera parton players) , and many of them have been trying to switch style to monogod and to use Poseidon as patron God.
                              All the above are facts and i have discussed andwitnessed them extensively with many players and not only from my alliance.

leroy , you say that you are trying to keep some balance in the game and that you would like to have diversity and more than 1 fighting styles in the game. Do you really see that , with Poseidon so strong , Hera weaker and Aphrodite almost completely useless, would / could be truly in effect ? I personally honestly dont , and i truly wish i am the wrong and not you .

I have seen a post about possible changes/balances on Poseidon , is that what is truly needed or having all the Gods function proberly according to their desing . Exceptions usually create confusion and make complictaions in the long term .
                              Game Over

Comment

• Originally posted by leroy View Post
                                We've submitted a build with some balance changes, primarily a nerf to water blast Poseidon (both patron and non-patron). More details to follow.

leroy
                                Looks like the die was cast already ...
                                Gods of our ancestors, please have mercy on us ...

Game Over

Comment

Working...
                                X