3.11 Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hossenpheffer View Post

There is a legitimate point here...perhaps awe should give her a massive health boost or some other counter to a 1 shot death...although I have not had it happen personally, I don’t start with her, and am careful when I do drop her.
    But isn't that the point of squishy gods? Yes she dies easily, but she is a backline god, she has less health, but much more utility. Defeat the hero first before dropping her, protect her by putting either Athena, Hera, Zeus, Ares or Poseidon in front of her to protect her.

There are plenty of ways to get around it. Awe is still an awesome ability.
    "Legion of Tartarus". They're so hot right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Hossenpheffer View Post

There is a legitimate point here...perhaps awe should give her a massive health boost or some other counter to a 1 shot death...although I have not had it happen personally, I don’t start with her, and am careful when I do drop her.
      Don't start often with her, but it used to be a valid option, just did it with the challenge, can't remember the last time I used her upfront in a normal battle, but also haven't played regularly for a while. I remember Maca's mind bogglingly beautiful attacks with it back in the day. Ah well, so be it! Still a lovely update.

Comment

• The issue with awe is only being 1 hit my Oddesyus right?

So the solution is when the opponent has Oddesyus (you can look before you drop your gods) then make efforts to change your strategy.
        Just like when your opponent has Adonis you might not be able to slow push
        When your opponent has Hercules, you might have to run circles around the base or mono-god.
        Last edited by Madcarrot; April 24, 2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Awe is still very useful in my opinion when used right. It would still be highly likely that I lose a battle if I don't use awe during the match.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroy View Post
            Hi all!

We've submitted a patch with some minor changes/fixes for 3.11 from 3.10. Should be ready soon!

Note that some of these were fixed on the server already, and the UI just also needed to be adjusted to fix the display side.

Already fixed on server for 3.10 but will now be fixed on devices as well:
            - Fixed one of the higher hero upgrade levels that cost too much
            - Fixed selling of hero academy to refund full money
            - Fixed up mine collectors to give you the correct amount of stone/gold

Fixed on the client:
            - Fix to make sure the select hero UI goes back to showing Nectar instead of Ambrosia after dialog is closed
            - Fixed up pantheon so that the patron effects show up again
            - Do not show hero select button while visiting another city
            - Fixed not allowing assists sometimes after a regroup
            - Hero academy can no longer be charmed

leroy
            Can we expect the description for the upcoming update as well?

Comment

• Markers, I do enjoy listening to the 'right' ways, please tell me more!

Madcarrot, some interesting points, but awe isn't comparable to slow time, because once you get past that low level of where you can drop zeus in alone, 100% of players drop him in with other gods to maximize slow time damage. So, even if one hero is immune to slow time, all the gods on the field with him, still benefit from it. And, probability is Athenas shield & Hermes evade will keep them alive till the regroup.

Awe, on the other hand, doesn't benefit any single God other than Aphrodite. Not only that, but it doesn't really boost slow push either, just keeps her alive long enough to survive that initial onslaught after the bomb & hawkstorm, so killing her with one shot while awe is on, is like having her on the field during slow push without awe, at all. She's 'waifier' than Arty without invisibility upfront, in any style, so it defies logic to not either make her beefier to withstand that hit, or give her the equivalent damage of a Longshot, if she's only going to be alive 2 seconds before going POOF! I'm laughing just picturing it!
              Last edited by Ozymandias; April 24, 2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markers View Post

Can we expect the description for the upcoming update as well?
                Yes, I'll be posting the changes soon.

leroy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
                  Markers, I do enjoy listening to the 'right' ways, please tell me more!

Madcarrot, some interesting points, but awe isn't comparable to slow time, because once you get past that low level of where you can drop zeus in alone, 100% of players drop him in with other gods to maximize slow time damage. So, even if one hero is immune to slow time, all the gods on the field with him, still benefit from it. And, probability is Athenas shield & Hermes evade will keep them alive till the regroup.

Awe, on the other hand, doesn't benefit any single God other than Aphrodite. Not only that, but it doesn't really boost slow push either, just keeps her alive long enough to survive that initial onslaught after the bomb & hawkstorm, so killing her with one shot while awe is on, is like having her on the field during slow push without awe, at all. She's 'waifier' than Arty without invisibility upfront, in any style, so it defies logic to not either make her beefier to withstand that hit, or give her the equivalent damage of a Longshot, if she's only going to be alive 2 seconds before going POOF! I'm laughing just picturing it!
                  It's only Oddesyus that kills her very easily right? Hercules is easily avoidable, Adonis has more utility than damage. Seems weird to buff Aphrodite for 1 hero, especially when not everyone will use that hero.
                  I still think it is easy enough to work around Oddesyus, either by killing him first (preferable) or putting a tank in front of Arty. I would be interested in knowing how he chooses his target, does he go for the lowest health, or target the closest god?

Comment

Working...
                  X