X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 Changes

WHATS NEW
    ====================
    - QUESTS! (76 unique rewarded quests available for completion!)
    - Added ability to change player name (for increasing cost)
    - Added tutorial owly button to help new players for a longer period of time
    - Added skeleton archers (reanimated from normal archers)
    - Added attacker penalty and attacker reward for attacking far below or above your level
    - Added a daily kick count limit for captains and generals
    - Added restriction to only a single simultaneous battle per player

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
    ====================
    - Environment temple health boost increased to 50%
    - Environment monument health boost increased to 50%
    - Tidal Wave damage reduced by 33%, recharge time sped up by 32%
    - Athena house and temple boosts now only apply to buildings and not troops
    - Athena houses boost 20% less
    - Hermes temple gets a 16.6% aura speed reduction, but adds a unit health boost
    - Hermes houses get a 20% aura speed reduction, but adds a unit health boost
    - Aphrodite temple gets a 10% aura buff
    - Zeus temple gets a 10% aura nerf
    - Poseidon house gets a 20% aura nerf
    - Poseidon temple gets a 16.6% aura nerf

ADDITIONAL CHANGES
    ====================
    - Turned on holiday decorations
    - Dramatically decreased cost of 3rd god
    - Increased cost of low-level god upgrades
    - Increased rewards of early missions
    - City slots arrives later to better accommodate Owly tutorial button
    - Arrow towers now visually displaying range again
    - Zeus/Hades monument house/temple boosted ranges showing properly again
    - Stomping on troops after a regroup now works again
    - Fixed several Italian translation errors
    - Many miscellaneous UI fixes
    - New game icon! (Angry Zeus!)

Many of the new features and changes for this release were based directly from community feedback. This includes forum input as well as other avenues of feedback including Facebook, email, etc. Thanks to all who provide feedback to help the game improve!

Comment

Hi all! Big problem.

We released version 3.8.22557 to Google, Amazon, and Apple today.

Unfortunately, Apple decided to instead ship version 3.8.22538 instead (one of our beta builds from a week ago). It has a hugely significant bug where you can't actually get any resources at all if you attack almost anything at all below your own level. We are attempting to contact Apple now to see what exactly happened on their end. (Their developer portal says that they are in fact actually shipping 3.8.22557, but they are not. So we aren't sure how to proceed without their help. We will likely submit an even 'newer' 3.8 build, but who knows when that will get approved...)

Anyway, you can either hold onto your 3.7 build for awhile longer, or you can go to 3.8 knowing that if you attack below your player level you might not actually get any resources (for now). We will look into a possible way to remedy that problem on our end. (Maybe the resources might not appear during battle but you might get them later?)

leroy

UPDATED: We are in fact looking into that possible solution. It might look like you aren't getting resources from some of those battles but the server will in fact notice you didn't get those resources and then give them to you later after the fact. Certainly not an ideal solution, but hopefully we can get in touch with Apple to take care of this problem for us soon! Thanks for the understanding!

Comment

How many levels are considered far above to get the bonus? It’s like 10 more to get bonus and 10 Lower to get penalized?

if im doing a revenge on someone much smaller who attacked me on hard, will I get less resources too? (in case of a yes I don’t think I should get less recluses for revenges, only for attacking)

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
          How many levels are considered far above to get the bonus? It’s like 10 more to get bonus and 10 Lower to get penalized?

if im doing a revenge on someone much smaller who attacked me on hard, will I get less resources too? (in case of a yes I don’t think I should get less recluses for revenges, only for attacking)
          Honestly, right now it is a complicated formula that is more based on percent level different difference more than absolute level difference, and it is also very different based on where you are in the game (level 20s for example are not currently penalized for attacking level 10s, where level 100s certainly are penalized for attacking level 50s).

You should certainly consider this a 'first round' of balancing. We expect the exact numbers to change as we gather more information about how many people legitimately bump into penalties when they aren't trying to just farm low level players for certain victories. We thought about showing the penalty/bonus information in the UI as well, but we wanted to get this into the game quickly to disincentivize certain behavior sooner rather than later. We wanted to get this release out now, because frankly this one took too long.

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post

Honestly, right now it is a complicated formula that is more based on percent level different difference more than absolute level difference, and it is also very different based on where you are in the game (level 20s for example are not currently penalized for attacking level 10s, where level 100s certainly are penalized for attacking level 50s).

You should certainly consider this a 'first round' of balancing. We expect the exact numbers to change as we gather more information about how many people legitimately bump into penalties when they aren't trying to just farm low level players for certain victories. We thought about showing the penalty/bonus information in the UI as well, but we wanted to get this into the game quickly to disincentivize certain behavior sooner rather than later. We wanted to get this release out now, because frankly this one took too long.

leroy
            Maybe in a future update it can be interesting to see how much we are getting penalized or gifted for it

i got another question.

Before update, before we drop our gods their powers were all grey, then we knew for for the god wasn’t on field. I was doing a few battles just now and noticed the powers have colors even if the gods isn’t on field. Which IMO is not cool a way to know if the god in fact got dropped or not, sometimes it’s hard to see when u drop in the middle of the mod or there is too many things around..

like is in the pic. There is no gods on field and Athena powers aren’t grey, was this intentional?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by leo; December 21, 2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

WHATS NEW
              ====================
              - Added attacker penalty and attacker reward for attacking far below or above your level

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
              ====================

ADDITIONAL CHANGES
              ====================
              Six months of waiting and all we get are balance changes and quests? Not even a single major gameplay addition to the game?... and it took you 6 months to give us this update?

And with this bug, I‘m not getting any rss unless I get Kitten’s base? Unbelievable.

Nice work devs! Truly nice work.

Comment

It seems that the message I sent to Apple's worked. If you ever need to be noticed again, let me know.😉😉😉😉

Comment

Finally an update! Can't wait to try it out. Will let you guys know how it looks like ONCE the proper update comes, like 3.8.22557, not 3.8.22538.

Comment

Hello guys !
                    Thank you for the update.
                    Many difficulties for those who had a Athena’s town based !!
                    We expected a new God with real new stuff, not only existing algorithm modifications ...
                    We understand it’s hard but we think you can do, as you done before, better

Comment

Dear devs.. Congrats to update.. U listened all crying slowpusher.. Fine fine.. So can proceed the hera-arti patron low-level beats highlevel boring mix..
                      The result of so many attack from one monogod player calls kane?.. Kane and DG u are my heros.. Blame the defs) now I'm clear what here is smokin..
                      My two cents are.. Never beat me a 106 monoplayer but a 106 er slowpusher very Balance shame all..

Comment

Minor bug. On one's own screen, the top left display of offensive/defensive trophies often flips. Doesn't appear to affect matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Iacobus View Post
                          Minor bug. On one's own screen, the top left display of offensive/defensive trophies often flips. Doesn't appear to affect matchmaking.
                          Thanks Iacobus, we will take a look!

leroy

Comment

WHATS NEW
                            ====================

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
                            ====================

ADDITIONAL CHANGES
                            ====================
                            Thanks a very interesting update. and thanks for listening to the community's requests. a question . The limit of kicking generals and captains when is it?

Comment

leroy i just noticed the archer skeletons are being charmed by aphro monument. Was that also intentional? What’s the point of my hades doing reanimate and now half of the troops that comes alive got charmed by Aphrodite monument?

Comment

Working...
                              X