Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.7 Changes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3.7 Changes


    Patron Gods
    - Choose a patron god and boost health, strength, and non-ultimate powers

    Environment Boosts
    - Environment temple health boost - +20%
    - Environment house health boost - +20%
    - Environment monument now also boosted!

    New Levels
    - 10 new levels for Academies/Archeries/Spartan Academies
    - 10 new levels for Temples

    Assist Changes
    - Boosts for attacker assist for patron god and defender assist for environment
    - Awe assist power changed to Charm assist power
    - Heal/Zap assist powers completely rebalanced
    - Attacker assisters can only assist while gods are present in the battle
    - Assist troops affected by slow time now return to full speed more appropriately

    Power Changes
    - Slow time at top level strength reduced from 84.3% to 74.5%
    - 13% strength reduction at top levels for Poseidon Water Blast
    - Sunstrike is now appropriately boosted by Inspiration
    - Made Ares charge power work better in events with building buffs
    - Water Blast no longer boosts Kraken
    - Absorb no longer boosts Wrath

    Daily Challenges
    - Daily challenges now have Spartan Academies, Gorgon towers, and Cyclops towers mixed in
    - Rebalanced the existing daily challenge levels
    - Added 3 more levels of daily challenges

    Temple Balance Changes
    - 12% bounty/reward boost for destroying temples at high levels, and even more at lower levels
    - 4% health boost to temples at highest levels, less at lower levels
    - 2% aura boost to Aphrodite, Hades, Ares temples
    - 0% aura boost to Apollo, Hera, Poseidon, Zeus temples at low levels, 4% aura boost to high levels
    - 3% aura boost to Artemis temple
    - 15% aura nerf to Athena temple

    Other Gameplay Changes
    - About a 25% strength reduction on the Tritons
    - Spartans try to run away if you drop a god on them
    - Gods get stuck on corners of buildings less often
    - Villagers run away if you place a building on them

    UI Changes
    - News now has a 'more' button
    - Added more unit information for buildings that spawn
    - Allow all decorations to be flared
    - Achievement popups now close if you tap on them
    - God slots during battle should no longer disappear during reorganize
    - Many other minor enhancements and tweaks
    Last edited by leroy; July 1st, 2019, 01:20 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Smacky
    - Heal/Zap assist powers completely rebalanced
    What does this mean? They are weaker? Stronger? Weaker/Stronger at certain levels. This is vague. I posed the question in another thread about how exactly zap works. Would probably be a great time for a dev to respond there.

    Originally posted by Smacky
    - Sunstrike is now appropriately boosted by Inspiration
    Who knew? Who uses it?! :-D It's a bug though and will be fixed. So yay for that :-D

    Originally posted by Smacky
    - Water Blast no longer boosts Kraken
    - Absorb no longer boosts Wrath
    All of these are from thekiddie's video. Did I miss these?

    Originally posted by Smacky
    - Absorb no longer boosts Wrath
    Interesting. Hera's Wrath has been nerfed for a second time! Poor girl.

    Originally posted by Smacky
    - Gods get stuck on corners of buildings less often
    I'll believe THIS one when I see it. That is, when I DON'T see it :-D

    Last edited by Fritz; June 24th, 2019, 12:39 AM.
    Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you leroy so no assists no god is a full time thing during the whole battle.
      I want to remind the devs that the issue with the kraken taking down temples is still present. I have seen the kraken tentacles take down 2 temples on the same base and that shouldnt be allowed to happen. You guys need to fix it.

      Comment


      • #4
        (Note that I just moved the 3.7 feature/change list to this location from another forum spot because this is the appropriate location. I posted it new rather than 'moved it', because it is more 'official' when actually coming from a member of the goo staff! I'm going to delete that other thread so there isn't confusion).

        Note that we are waiting on apple approval for this release. So it could still be a couple of days away.

        leroy

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by leroy View Post
          Patron Gods
          - Choose a patron god and boost health, strength, and non-ultimate powers

          Environment Boosts
          - Environment temple health boost - +20%
          - Environment house health boost - +20%
          - Environment monument now also boosted!

          New Levels
          - 10 new levels for Academies/Archeries/Spartan Academies
          - 10 new levels for Temples

          Assist Changes
          - Boosts for attacker assist for patron god and defender assist for environment
          - Awe assist power changed to Charm assist power
          - Heal/Zap assist powers completely rebalanced
          - Attacker assisters can only assist while gods are present in the battle
          - Assist troops affected by slow time now return to full speed more appropriately

          Power Changes
          - Slow time at top level strength reduced from 84.3% to 74.5%
          - 13% strength reduction at top levels for Poseidon Water Blast
          - Sunstrike is now appropriately boosted by Inspiration
          - Made Ares charge power work better in events with building buffs
          - Water Blast no longer boosts Kraken
          - Absorb no longer boosts Wrath

          Daily Challenges
          - Daily challenges now have Spartan Academies, Gorgon towers, and Cyclops towers mixed in
          - Rebalanced the existing daily challenge levels
          - Added 3 more levels of daily challenges

          Other Gameplay Changes
          - About a 25% strength reduction on the Tritons
          - Spartans try to run away if you drop a god on them
          - Gods get stuck on corners of buildings less often
          - Villagers run away if you place a building on them

          UI Changes
          - News now has a 'more' button
          - Added more unit information for buildings that spawn
          - Allow all decorations to be flared
          - Achievement popups now close if you tap on them
          - God slots during battle should no longer disappear during reorganize
          - Many other minor enhancements and tweaks
          Is the no god no assists thingy active for the entirety of the battle or just the start. Thanks in advance

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dark View Post
            Thank you leroy so no assists no god is a full time thing during the whole battle.


            Correct.

            Originally posted by Dark View Post
            I want to remind the devs that the issue with the kraken taking down temples is still present. I have seen the kraken tentacles take down 2 temples on the same base and that shouldnt be allowed to happen. You guys need to fix it.
            We made it less likely to happen, but it could still happen.

            A brief explanation on how the Kraken works: Every time a tentacle is about to pop out, it determines the buildings that are 'candidates'. To be a candidate, the HP of the building must be below a certain threshold (which I think is somewhere between 1/4 to 1/5 of the total strength of the Kraken).
            If there are no candidates, then we will just bring in the lowest HP building as the only candidate.
            Then it weights those candidates based upon proximity to Poseidon. Then it picks randomly based upon those weightings. Note that the very first pop must be a 'big' building because the Kraken has a big head, so the candidate pool could be smaller (and could again theoretically bring in a temple if there are no other candidates).

            If you have a high-level temple at full HP with some health boosts and a shield, it will never get selected by the Kraken. Its HP is too high. If you have some partially damaged temples or some lower-level temples, it could meet the HP threshold of the Kraken and then get taking out. For example, if you had 10 heavily damaged temples, the Kraken could theoretically take out all 10.

            As another example, if there are only temples left on the map, then the Kraken will certainly kill some number of temples (based upon his strength), because he has to choose something.

            Note that as a side-effect of this change in this upcoming release: '
            Water Blast no longer boosts Kraken', it is even less likely that the Kraken will kill a temple. Not just because the total strength will be lower, but the HP threshold, because it is a function of total strength, will exclude temples more often. And with 10 new temple HP levels, it will be even harder for the Kraken to bring in a temple as a candidate.

            So I don't see us making any additional changes here in the future. If we did, it would probably be based around that HP threshold, which again would just making killing a temple even less likely rather than prevent it from happening at all.

            leroy

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by leroy View Post

              Correct.



              We made it less likely to happen, but it could still happen.

              A brief explanation on how the Kraken works: Every time a tentacle is about to pop out, it determines the buildings that are 'candidates'. To be a candidate, the HP of the building must be below a certain threshold (which I think is somewhere between 1/4 to 1/5 of the total strength of the Kraken).
              If there are no candidates, then we will just bring in the lowest HP building as the only candidate.
              Then it weights those candidates based upon proximity to Poseidon. Then it picks randomly based upon those weightings. Note that the very first pop must be a 'big' building because the Kraken has a big head, so the candidate pool could be smaller (and could again theoretically bring in a temple if there are no other candidates).

              If you have a high-level temple at full HP with some health boosts and a shield, it will never get selected by the Kraken. Its HP is too high. If you have some partially damaged temples or some lower-level temples, it could meet the HP threshold of the Kraken and then get taking out. For example, if you had 10 heavily damaged temples, the Kraken could theoretically take out all 10.

              As another example, if there are only temples left on the map, then the Kraken will certainly kill some number of temples (based upon his strength), because he has to choose something.

              Note that as a side-effect of this change in this upcoming release: '
              Water Blast no longer boosts Kraken', it is even less likely that the Kraken will kill a temple. Not just because the total strength will be lower, but the HP threshold, because it is a function of total strength, will exclude temples more often. And with 10 new temple HP levels, it will be even harder for the Kraken to bring in a temple as a candidate.

              So I don't see us making any additional changes here in the future. If we did, it would probably be based around that HP threshold, which again would just making killing a temple even less likely rather than prevent it from happening at all.

              leroy
              God bless you! Finally after years. 😊. This will have the desired effect on balancing defense. Thanks.

              Last edited by ARYA; June 24th, 2019, 11:24 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                [QUOTE=leroy;n37646]

                Correct.


                About damn time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                  What does this mean? They are weaker? Stronger? Weaker/Stronger at certain levels. This is vague. I posed the question in another thread about how exactly zap works. Would probably be a great time for a dev to respond there.


                  It is vague because it is kind of all over the place and we didn't want to get into a detailed explanation just on the change summary. They really were totally rebalanced. Zap/heal/awe were calculated a bit differently based upon if you were the attacker or the defender. Generally speaking, they were all pretty strong if you were defending a low level city (with less/weaker temples), and then slowly became more like the attacker assist powers as you got higher level cities (with more/stronger temples).

                  That has been unified so that the defensive assist power always falls more in line with the attacker assist power.

                  Next, all these powers basically looked like a quadratic curve when you plotted 'level' vs strength. This wasn't really appropriate. Basically it meant that with middle level gods, they are probably weaker than they should be (relative to other powers), while at the start and end level gods, they were better. So now they are linear, which means that relative to other assist powers, there is less fluctuation between 'how good they are'.

                  Lastly, at the very top (when you are maxed gods or maxed temples), they are all stronger. A little above 20% stronger. So it should be noticeable. The bottom strength (when you are just starting the game), is unchanged.

                  How Zap Works: It is a 2 part assist power. It does primary damage up to a certain amount to just units. Say 10000 damage. So it picks targets closest to your zap location and kills things until it reaches 10000 damage. Then it deals a constant amount of damage to everything else in the area. This is a very small number, but everything gets hit. So it hurts buildings and gods and other troops and everything (and deco), but for not very much damage. If you were to hit a huge clump of troops a whole bunch of times with zap, every time you might kill maybe 6 or 7 troops, but the other 500 troops in the area would take a small amount of damage also. Eventually if you kept zapping them they'd all die from this secondary constant damage. (I've always been surprised alliances with many assisters don't coordinate more to completely zap mobs into oblivion, but maybe it just requires too much coordination? Or maybe now that I've said this it will start happening. Dunno.)

                  leroy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I’m liking the sound of this update. Sure a lot of nerf but it’s change to the game and will take some more strats to come and new combos for defense and offense as Patron matters for defense as well. Good stuff 👍 don’t like the absorb wrath nerf but oh well that will be fine, and wow expensive to upgrade but lol it is lvl 50/50 temples. Looking forward

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Patron will not affect defense, Patron affects any one selected god and adds an assist buff to the corresponding gods assists. Environments affect defense with added bonuses to the corresponding temple, houses, monument and assist option for the environment god. It was important to keep a separation between offense and defense to offer even greater gameplay diversity when choosing the Patron and the Environment.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post
                        Patron will not affect defense, Patron affects any one selected god and adds an assist buff to the corresponding gods assists. Environments affect defense with added bonuses to the corresponding temple, houses, monument and assist option for the environment god. It was important to keep a separation between offense and defense to offer even greater gameplay diversity when choosing the Patron and the Environment.
                        Lol I must of heard/read wrong. Ok. Well then cool. So what’s the 20% environment boost? It’s not 100% on temples anymore?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          - Water Blast no longer boosts Kraken

                          Still don't understand that. Was that a huge bug? Anyone who is currently water blasting BEFORE releasing the kraken is getting a boosted kraken? +160ish%?!
                          Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Adrien View Post

                            Lol I must of heard/read wrong. Ok. Well then cool. So what’s the 20% environment boost? It’s not 100% on temples anymore?
                            There is a 20% health boost to the environment temple, and a 100% boost to the environment temple bonus

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by leroy View Post
                              Patron Gods
                              - Choose a patron god and boost health, strength, and non-ultimate powers

                              Environment Boosts
                              - Environment temple health boost - +20%
                              - Environment house health boost - +20%
                              - Environment monument now also boosted!

                              New Levels
                              - 10 new levels for Academies/Archeries/Spartan Academies
                              - 10 new levels for Temples

                              Assist Changes
                              - Boosts for attacker assist for patron god and defender assist for environment
                              - Awe assist power changed to Charm assist power
                              - Heal/Zap assist powers completely rebalanced
                              - Attacker assisters can only assist while gods are present in the battle
                              - Assist troops affected by slow time now return to full speed more appropriately

                              Power Changes
                              - Slow time at top level strength reduced from 84.3% to 74.5%
                              - 13% strength reduction at top levels for Poseidon Water Blast
                              - Sunstrike is now appropriately boosted by Inspiration
                              - Made Ares charge power work better in events with building buffs
                              - Water Blast no longer boosts Kraken
                              - Absorb no longer boosts Wrath

                              Daily Challenges
                              - Daily challenges now have Spartan Academies, Gorgon towers, and Cyclops towers mixed in
                              - Rebalanced the existing daily challenge levels
                              - Added 3 more levels of daily challenges

                              Other Gameplay Changes
                              - About a 25% strength reduction on the Tritons
                              - Spartans try to run away if you drop a god on them
                              - Gods get stuck on corners of buildings less often
                              - Villagers run away if you place a building on them

                              UI Changes
                              - News now has a 'more' button
                              - Added more unit information for buildings that spawn
                              - Allow all decorations to be flared
                              - Achievement popups now close if you tap on them
                              - God slots during battle should no longer disappear during reorganize
                              - Many other minor enhancements and tweaks
                              leroy Could you please a price list for all the upgrades? Thanks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X