Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaPimp
    replied
    leroy and CASTIEL i had my secretary call you yesterday for an urgent meeting about the game and where it is heading, i will have my economy adviser make a plan and discuss it with you guys to increase revenue and how speed up those slow update. I will also had my other secretary, who is 85 by the way, call Gary and give him the plan for the next 10 months. I need the whole team to follow the instructions as if your lives depend on it, and most important as this is the main issue on why the game is f%^##@E%%^^ up do not and i repeat do not in any way listen to kitten suggestions.
    ​​​​​​​End of communication

Leave a comment:

• Kitten
    replied
    Originally posted by leroy View Post

Hi Kitten,

We have 3 major features currently in the works. We will ship each of these features as they are completed; they are being worked on by different groups of developers. One of those is alliance wars, and right now it looks like it will most likely be the last to ship.

One of those features is getting close to completion and I'm hoping will be released at end of October, but depending on many factors it could certainly fall back into November.

leroy
    leroy Thanks for your reply

also, aside from the projects you’re currently working on, can you please revamp or change your game bundles. I’ve emailed the devs or Gary about it recently and sent some suggestions. Please help us help you make more revenue for the game. This is really a good game with lots of potentials if only there’s a lot of support from the community (revenue wise) but you also need to make your game bundles more affordable especially for us higher levels and lower levels too. You have to give us more value for our money, as incentive for spending a lot.

It’s Thanksgiving and I’m hoping you’ll be giving us special bundles for this holiday. Another suggestion if you don’t mind, every time you release an update, you should also release an “Update Pack” that way people are more inclined to login and play and spend a dollar or two or even a hundred or more to play your game.

Happy customers/players means happy devs = better game.

Can’t wait for the next update, hope you can give us an ETA. 🙏🏼 😊🎉 Cheers! 🥂

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied
    Amazon, Apple, and Google must make the update process extremely annoying to deal with that minor patches don't happen and everything needs to wait for large update. For months we've been looking at arrow towers and several monuments with no way to know their actual ranges. I would think that's the kind of thing where you'd want to release an immediate patch. Imagine if you were a new player right after the update. You buy several towers and are perplexed that your arrow towers show no range. I don't understand! This sucks! Uninstall.

Maybe 2020. Here's hoping :-D

Leave a comment:

• DaPimp
    replied
    Originally posted by War Hammer View Post

DaPimp They won’t give dates. This wouldn’t be feasible as things can change on a daily basis.

The one thing I agree with is they could share what we can expect to see.

Chris
    I feel blessed that you agree on something old man lol ... Chris i didn't ask for a specific date but a timeline like before christmas or next year that shouldn't be impossible leroy are you guys completely in the dark about a timeline on the release ?

A lot of games do actually release an info patch on game interface showing what will be in the next update release to give players an idea on how the game will change or what features to expect that will impact the game. I agree that would be something to do since we cant get a date on update.

Leave a comment:

• War Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by DaPimp View Post
    CASTIEL good recovery old man and leroy there is nothing wrong with giving dates for new release but we would like to know and by we i mean the gaming community if the update will be release before Christmas 2019 ? in which category will the new update fall into ? new tower, new god, new powers, new events it would be nice to have an general idea and we don't need the details.

Basically, my question is if we are getting the update this year or not ? there is still a month to go till the holiday
    DaPimp They won’t give dates. This wouldn’t be feasible as things can change on a daily basis.

The one thing I agree with is they could share what we can expect to see.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• DaPimp
    replied
    CASTIEL good recovery old man and leroy there is nothing wrong with giving dates for new release but we would like to know and by we i mean the gaming community if the update will be release before Christmas 2019 ? in which category will the new update fall into ? new tower, new god, new powers, new events it would be nice to have an general idea and we don't need the details.

Basically, my question is if we are getting the update this year or not ? there is still a month to go till the holiday

Leave a comment:

• Euil
    replied
    Thank you for your reply Leroy . Your reassurance that is within your capabilities is for sure good news . Keep up the good work . Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• leroy
    replied
    Hi Euil,

Frankly, I agree that you are correct to be skeptical. This is something that has been mentioned for a very, very long time. I still believe it is inevitable and it is certainly within our capabilities to wrap up in the future.

leroy

Leave a comment:

• Euil
    replied
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]

The easiest way to explain it is basically that our artists are not very good programmers, and our programmers are also not very good artists. (To a lesser extent, you can also say that some of our programmers are very good at VFX work, while some of our programmers are much better at server work. Similarly, some of our artists are very good at 3D modelling, while some of our artists are very good at animations and UI work, etc. The point though is that much of the work is not interchangeable among staff). This upcoming release is pretty light on art but heavier on programming and design. So we need the appropriate set of personnel working on the release. Trying to add artists to help with that release isn't really worthwhile. The following major release is very heavy on art, so most the art team has actually already been working on that release for quite some time, with still more work to go.

leroy
    Well explained. Yet again , please allow me to express my honest concern as far as "alliance wars" release. Back in 2016 , (more than 1300 days ago) , when alliance battles was suggested from players as an add on to the game , you as developers saw the necessity and understood that alliance wars , was and is an inevitable extension to the game . having said that , I am guessing was and is still is a high priority and a necessity for the progress of the game . therefore I am assuming that you have started developing alliance wars since 2016 . Given the high priority and the really long time that has passed since then i am guessing you have made lots of efforts in developing alliance wars and yet it looks like there was/is no result . No beta testing , nothing :/. I am also assuming that if there were any aspects in deleloping alliance wars that you couldnt do internally that you have also tried to outsource them too. Is it safe for me to conclude that there is a high chance that you might not be able to deliver after all, cause that's the feeling I am getting . If that is the case , please be kind enough to let us know , just not to keep our hopes high .
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Markers
    replied
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]

The easiest way to explain it is basically that our artists are not very good programmers, and our programmers are also not very good artists. (To a lesser extent, you can also say that some of our programmers are very good at VFX work, while some of our programmers are much better at server work. Similarly, some of our artists are very good at 3D modelling, while some of our artists are very good at animations and UI work, etc. The point though is that much of the work is not interchangeable among staff). This upcoming release is pretty light on art but heavier on programming and design. So we need the appropriate set of personnel working on the release. Trying to add artists to help with that release isn't really worthwhile. The following major release is very heavy on art, so most the art team has actually already been working on that release for quite some time, with still more work to go.

leroy
    Update based upon programming and design followed by update heavier upon art, wondering what those are, both sounds pretty exciting.

Leave a comment:

• leroy
    replied
    Originally posted by leo View Post
    you or leroy said in the past that there is 3 teams working in 3 different features simultaneously, wouldnt be better and faster if everyone works in feature 1 and release, then go for 2 and 3? wouldnt a team work make everything better and faster?

leroy

Leave a comment:

• leroy
    replied
    Originally posted by DaPimp View Post
    Got to love the silence after the forbidden question ..... anyway again when can we expect the new update ? leroy CASTIEL and no theory or blurry evasive replies, just a simple answer with a date.

We were told october if not november for sure 3 month ago, so now you should know since we are almost mid november.

If you guys cant answer a simple question like that by now it means there is a real issue.
    Sorry that we don't always respond immediately to your inquiries. It is of course a completely sane conclusion that the game is falling apart because we don't respond quickly enough to your forum post.

As someone else noticed in the forums, we pushed out a new Google Play release recently that had as a new feature... absolutely nothing at all. Google rather surprisingly forced us to make some internal changes to our game to be able to continue releasing on Google Play, and that unfortunately set back our timeline a bit. Combine this with some recent extra additional gameplay tweaks we decided to add and the release date moved back some. In the future, I'll refrain from predicting any release dates because it never ends well, especially if we decide we want to add some extra functionality into the next release.

leroy

Leave a comment:

• CASTIEL
    replied
    Originally posted by leo View Post
    good speech but nothing was really said, we back in darkness. so what, we cant expect a update anytime soon?
    you or leroy said in the past that there is 3 teams working in 3 different features simultaneously, wouldnt be better and faster if everyone works in feature 1 and release, then go for 2 and 3? wouldnt a team work make everything better and faster?
    This is not a speech, and well, plenty was said. The update will be released when it is completed. Yes, it has taken longer than initially hoped, because there are many factors that play key roles in finalizing a release. No one is in the dark, all 3 updates are still underway, nothing has changed other than the hoped for release date was not possible.

Team work is excellent and the team works excellently together, as well as continuing to work on each item that they are especially talented at bringing to life.
    This does allow a much faster and better product than if everyone had their hands in the same pot at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• leo
    replied
    good speech but nothing was really said, we back in darkness. so what, we cant expect a update anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

• CASTIEL
    replied
    Hi! I am sorry I did not make an immediate response I had some personal issues, but no need to worry I am on the road to recovery after having been pretty sick. Please don’t mistake this for silence 🙂
    As Leroys post was written, and quoted we had hoped it would be released in October but due to may factors it could fall back, and due to some factors it has had to fallback. This would be the main reason that specific dates usually are not given in advance because as Leroy also said, we will ship each of these features when they are ready, sadly we cannot ship them before. Hopefully everyone understands, I love when Leroy gives out information in good spirits so the community can not only get excited, but has an understanding of what to expect in the near future. I wouldn’t want that to be overshadowed by any conspiracies or misquotes about guaranteed dates.
    All that said, I am personally very excited to see these new features released as well, and hope everyone enjoys them 😃

Leave a comment:

Working...
X