Minor Update 1.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Update 1.9

Hi all! A minor bugfix update v1.9 went live today. The changes are fairly small and targeted, but I wanted to quickly lay out what's been changed!

- Hera's Wrath range decreased somewhat, mostly at the lower levels
    - Hera monument can now be upgraded past Level 10
    - Players can now purchase the 8th assist power
    - Vengeance Warriors are no longer charmable
    - Vengeance Warriors can now be stomped upon
    - Improved the Vengeance Warriors assist powers at very high player levels

Hope that helps provide a little more info as to what's changed in v1.9! We have other potential balance changes in mind, but we tried to keep things very safe and targeted for this quick update.
    Last edited by Jay; January 9, 2017, 10:17 PM.

What potential balance changes did you guys have in mind?

Comment

Thanks Jay!

Comment

I've just added one forgotten item... kind of a big one!

- Vengeance Warriors are no longer charmable

Comment

Originally posted by alexAus View Post
          What potential balance changes did you guys have in mind?
          We'd like to hear more about what folks are experiencing with the new features, particularly Hera, but in addition to a few balance changes specific to gods and their buildings, we're also looking at making defense a bit stronger at the high levels.

We would also like to make troops less susceptible to kiting in the very near term!

I don't want to get too much into specifics just yet, since I'd like to see a bit more how things shape up in the actual combat all of you do out there. If you have ideas and suggestions, though, we really do read and listen, even when we're too busy to reply!

Comment

excited to see how uncharmable hera units plays out
            Last edited by Zion; January 10, 2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Suggestions

Increase house HP
              Assist troops can only be dropped in a certain range of active gods (preventing troops from being dropped while there are no active gods)
              Increase tower HP or reduce tower HP upgrade costs (or even tower costs overall)
              Increase god temple HP slightly (prevent Apollo SS + Artemis LS one hit kills at higher levels)

One extra temple and monument for defence does not compare to the addition of a new god. Initially when there was only 6 gods (back when defensive & offensive trophies were a little more even) we had the same capacity for towers and troop spawners as we would now with 8 gods, ie. level 90 with 6 gods vs even opponent would have the same amount of towers and troop spawners as the same equal opponent now even though that level 90 now has 8 gods.

With the addition of new gods I think there needs to be an increase in the capacity of defensive buildings we can build (reducing the cost).

Keep in mind my suggestions are as a bias level 85+ top 50 player, I cannot relate to the issues of mid to lower levels.

Edit: Also please increase the bonuses provided by Hera, Aphrodite & Hades houses. These all are underpowered compared to the other houses.. Making all houses equal in bonuses will trigger a heap of new base designs adding a bit more variety to the ever so boring bases over populated with Artemis and Athena houses where their respective temples are often the first target of such a repetitive attack method...

Double Edit: Perhaps balance all the monuments also, ideally I think all monuments should be of equal power. At the moment I feel the Athena and Hades monuments are a tad underwhelming.
              Last edited by alexAus; January 10, 2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                We would also like to make troops less susceptible to kiting in the very near term!
                Out of curosity, is kiting discouraged by the devs? In fact I'm not sure if high-leveled players still kite; I'm lvl 56 only.

Comment

Originally posted by aldoteng View Post

Out of curosity, is kiting discouraged by the devs? In fact I'm not sure if high-leveled players still kite; I'm lvl 56 only.
                  Not entirely, but we've noticed this method dominating the gameplay (including at the highest levels), especially since the introduction of tents.
                  We want players to be able to use distraction as a tactic, but not to the point where the entire map can be cleared of any defending troops. So we'll be working on creating a better balance!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post

We'd like to hear more about what folks are experiencing with the new features, particularly Hera, but in addition to a few balance changes specific to gods and their buildings, we're also looking at making defense a bit stronger at the high levels.

I don't want to get too much into specifics just yet, since I'd like to see a bit more how things shape up in the actual combat all of you do out there. If you have ideas and suggestions, though, we really do read and listen, even when we're too busy to reply!
                    This is the best news I've ever heard, too easy to walk around the base would be nice to see an AI adjustment to make troops a little more effective
                    Leading Dancer of 7.1 Deadly Sins

Comment

Also I agree completely with Alex,

in my opinion
                      hades houses should make it so one skelly spawns per house that is next to it so 100% bonus
                      hera buff should be switched to deal damage back to attackers not after death like mini explosions on each hit and fix it so the buildings actually deal damage the only time I really ever see Hera buff do anything is in her OC which is still pretty ineffective
                      Leading Dancer of 7.1 Deadly Sins

Comment

Thank You for the update. but since then we are having some lag while assisting and backspace clearing out all the typed word from the chat panel.
                        hope it will be fixed soon.

BTW you guys are doing great job and hera was a perfect addition to the game. Dont know how these uncharmable worrior will play out.. keep it up.
                        A lone wolf in the woods

Comment

Happy with Hera, agree lower lvl needed tweaking. Think the dust needs to settle before any real balance issues can be determined. As awesome as Hera seems I've definitely run into bases she's just not that great at taking down. I would be interested in a possibility of new housing lvls

Comment

these Hera uncharmable defense troops are quite..uhh...interesting. I lost about 150 trophies this morning I think. Its feeling similar to the OP acoltyes when first released, because 1 defender on a super easy base for me I am losing. That said I also need to adjust and figure out a different strategy.
                            The first thing that comes to mind that can be tweaked is for hera troops to do % based damage to God, because right now If I miss one group of deployed hera troops it is taking out artemis.
                            I think the uncharmable thing should stay, and either reduce explosion damage or slow their walk speed.

Comment

Vengeance Warriors (VW) are a great addition!

+ Explosion for better control of huge armies
                              + Can blow up group of tents, actually any other assist option.
                              + (!)* Can take out a tower completely, thus you feel that you actually contributed to the attack (not like just putting tents in a corner)
                              + In particular can destroy houses very effectively
                              + Concept of uncharmability is awe-some! Which buffs Awe in assisting aswell.**

- 1 group should not be able to kill Artemis as mentioned by Zion (which I didnt encountered myself yet)
                              - Referring to (!)*( which I absolutely love about VW's) can also be seen as being too op. ( I can go for lvl 28-32 towers which almost all lvl 90-99 player have)

All in all I think VW's are a great addition to the assistance line up, needs some tweaking though.

Comment

Working...
                              X