• Show
Clear All

• Major Update 1.7 - Cyclops Tower!

Click image for larger version

Name:	NovBanner.png
Views:	132
Size:	437.2 KB
ID:	18561

A new update is on its way, featuring a brand new building and some highly requested feature improvements!

CYCLOPS TOWER:
    An angry Cyclops will hurl giant boulders, dealing area damage and crushing groups of enemy troops! Great for defending against small units who may be shielding the attacking gods. Unlocks at Level 40.

RESET TEMPLES & MONUMENTS:
    You can now reset Temples and Monuments to Level 1 and get a full stone refund for all upgrades you’ve purchased! Costs 1 gem for each upgrade being refunded.

LAST ASSIST:
    Track activity in your alliance from within the game! Tap the Assists column to reveal how long ago each member assisted, with color coded labels:
    Recent (<10 minutes): green
    10 minutes – 23 hours: light green
    1 – 6 days: white
    7+ days: yellow
    Never: orange
    Note: Some members may be listed as “Unknown”. This means the member last assisted before our system started tracking last assists (late October).

LIVE ASSIST DISPLAY:
    See current reinforcement numbers of your allies and enemies at a glance.
    Each alliance has different ways of enjoying cooperative play so this feature may be used in different ways. Whether you choose to spread the love across multiple battles, or band together against tough opponents, you’ll be able to see what you’re up against before you join a battle!

We’ve also made some other UI improvements and changes under the hood including bug fixes, optimized download size, and improved pathfinding for Ares’ acolytes.

Check out our blog for sneak peeks!

http://www.godsofolympus.com/blog/november-2016-update/

Sweeeeeet

Comment

GoOd Stuff!
      Have a GoOd day!

Comment

Can't wait to see the new tower in play. 😍

Comment

Very nice update. Can't wait !!

Comment

Yaaaaaay thanks listening to our requests!!

Comment

Thank you so much for the UI improvements and assists system I requested in the email. Loving the fact that you all listen to our suggestions and make the game even more better.

Comment

Awesome! Great to see these updates as they're reflections of popular request.

Comment

I am going to be honest and say that to me this seems...well...like very little for such a long wait...considering before this update was a minor update...so the total "real" waiting time...back to the last "interesting" update is probably around half a year...

Comment

Originally posted by ALv2.0 View Post
                    I am going to be honest and say that to me this seems...well...like very little for such a long wait...considering before this update was a minor update...so the total "real" waiting time...back to the last "interesting" update is probably around half a year...
                    -How would you introduce even more gods to the game? The map is limited and even now 7 gods seem to be too much for a map.
                    -With enough assists the base layout doesn't matter. You can put tents and effectively eliminate defending troops. How will you balance that out?
                    -Is it right to just increase prices for new gods?

There are so much more things to consider in the future.
                    Furthermore GoO is just one of a kind on the mobile game market - what is the right path to go?

They are most definitely not idling around or something.

Comment

respond - not respond - respond - not respond
                      as much as I value your account in game, I find your response not to be overly well thought out.

Firstly I don't think I said anything about an additional god.

Secondly. Maps can be extended, as can the time...in theory this is a question of device computational power and network throughput...assuming idefinite on those two so is the amount of gods.

Your assists questions is precisely the point, although I don't think you are angling in the right direction.
                      I was hoping for an update that would drastically increase the strategic part of the game again...one tower is nice, but it is not much. I was hoping for something much more...(now I am not the most creative person, so no idea what, but something that can totally shift the flow of an attack)

The right path to go? I think they already got that. Build on what you have. I also did not say anything about them idling around.
                      I said: To me this feels like a lot less than what I expected. One new tower and the rest feels like cosmetic changes (no matter how overdue and nice they are, they do not change the gameplay).

Comment

Thats exactly my point. You criticise about long waiting time for interesting updates, dont you?
                        It's been 3 month since Olympian Challenge, which was a "big" update. Now after a time of silence people expect game changing contents. 3 Months is nothing in the developing world.

I know I took a broad swing with my posts and mentioning things you didn't adressed but imo right now the community should especially be supportive.

PS: Thanks for you value in my ingame account, this is mutual

Comment

Ah ok. See I personally do/did not see Olympian Challenge as anything special. Hardly play it despite the free gems.

It is simply too repetitive. So ok. That was a major addition. I forgot about it because again: absolutely no change in the gameplay. Which is what imo is really what people are waiting for.

Comment

Another thing that would be cool is it it told people who you were fighting

Comment

Originally posted by ALv2.0 View Post
                              Ah ok. See I personally do/did not see Olympian Challenge as anything special. Hardly play it despite the free gems.

It is simply too repetitive. So ok. That was a major addition. I forgot about it because again: absolutely no change in the gameplay. Which is what imo is really what people are waiting for.
                              Actually, we introduced god assist powers last update as well. Both the Olympian Challenge and the god assist powers were huge additions and both a ton of work. God assist powers certainly changed the gameplay.

In terms of size, it was probably our biggest update to date (bigger than adding Hades, which probably comes in 2nd). And honestly both of these additions came based upon lots of user feedback-- of course everyone has their own opinion as to what is important to the game, but these 2 features were what seemed to stand out as most beneficial to the community.

I do agree with you though, for 3 months since that major update, this isn't an overwhelmingly huge list of features. A good chunk of that time has actually gone into work for the next release, which is a bit bigger in scope and complexity. The hope is we can ship the next one out much sooner as a result of that work.

By the way, we are still waiting on the Apple approval process.

leroy

Comment

Working...
                              X