Minor Update: v1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Update: v1.6

Hi all! We've just released the new v1.6 minor update, that comes with several balance and stability improvements.

At a high level, the Heal, Awe, and Zap assists have been improved, and the Acolyte assist has been brought down to be more in line with the others. The assist Acolytes are still good at resisting Aphrodite's charm and surviving traditional crowd control powers, but they are no longer so dominant in direct fights with gods or other assist units like hoplites and archers.

And we fixed a major cause of crashes, so we're hoping to see greater stability going forward!

Assist Balance Changes
    Acolytes - health/strength rescaled downward to be more level-appropriate. No more than one acolyte will be deployed in a single drop.
    Zap - Direct damage doubled. External blast damage increased 33%. Recharge takes 50% longer.
    Heal - Heal effect doubled. Recharge takes 50% longer.
    Awe - Awe unit quantity coverage doubled. Recharge takes 50% longer.

Fixes and Enhancements
    -
    Athena's Inspiration range now matches the ring indicator. (Previously, this power's range was enormous.)
    -Fixed crashes involving gods targeting objects just as they're destroyed. Particularly likely w/ Cerberus or gods targeting tents.
    -Fixed issue where game replays could be out of sync with how the battle actually happened.
    -Enhanced assist details in the Battle Results screen to show more details about which drops were used.

Known Issues
    -Acolytes produced in an assist are immune to being killed by god drops, unlike acolytes produced by the monument. (This will be fixed in the next update.)
    Last edited by Jay; September 21, 2016, 02:30 PM. Reason: Athena inspiration change

Hello,

Did you do anything to ares himself? Having a bit of trouble getting him to do his job. At one instance, I sent him to hit a green temple and he hit it once and walked away. Other times he has a hard time getting through buildings he could before.

Comment

Hey jay. Aries seems off. I mean waaaaaayyyyy off.

Comment

leroy reminded me of one change that may be relevant:

-Athena's Inspiration range now matches the ring indicator. (Previously, this power's range was enormous.)

So if Ares is on bloodlust and outside of the Inspiration range, he's going to be noticeably weaker. If he's within the Inspiration ring, though, he should behave exactly the same as v1.5.

I've updated the original post the include this!

Comment

That stinks. *cue the burst players*

Comment

Loving this new update, the new assist icons art is cool especially the acolytes. I haven't noticed to much of anything with ares this update as some have said above, I'll keep an eye on issues if they arise and report it via email.

#Tenting rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
              Loving this new update, the new assist icons art is cool especially the acolytes. I haven't noticed to much of anything with ares this update as some have said above, I'll keep an eye on issues if they arise and report it via email.

#Tenting rocks

#TentingRocks
              A New Era has begun.

Comment

Welp, now we need another counter to the walk strat... The aphro monument doesn't do its job anymore due to assist options now so slowpush is practically uncounterable, just gotta cross your fingers and hope the attacker screws up lol
                Leading Dancer of 7.1 Deadly Sins

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                  Welp, now we need another counter to the walk strat... The aphro monument doesn't do its job anymore due to assist options now so slowpush is practically uncounterable, just gotta cross your fingers and hope the attacker screws up lol
                  Hey Dingo

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                    Yeah it's a tough thing to balance. I would like to see buff to buildings as opposed to modifying the assisting strength more or less. Maybe overall buff to tower range. Let's brainstorm some ideas

Comment

Ares is still off but not the point of this post. Why is the lvl 90 and above players now attacking low lvl 80s down to high lvl 70s. Looking at trophy counts I have seen anywhere from 500 - 1200 differences when they click easy. Is this to give them a wider range of bases to attack? Not about trophy loses here. When I click easy it's never more than 350 (being generous) trophy difference. So basically if I got 500-1200 like them I would be attacking lvl 60 players. Being able to walk through towers with my gods isn't very fun in my opinion. With the changes to the assist features once again even with 10 assisters on your defense can't even touch there gods. So how will you balance this new issue??

Comment

Yes the high range applies for the guys at top of list. They are only gaining 1 trophy often for victory in the large disparity matchups.

Also after thinking some more about the acolyte change I would like to see it increased to 2 acolytes per helper up to 2 people then 1 per helper for more than 2 assisters.

The nerf to their number plus needing health and damage makes them underwhelming now

Comment

I forgot to mention this. Now that you scaled back the one advantage the defensive assisters had with the ares soldiers when can we see a new tower to counter all the troops. Every other option with troops just get converted to the offensive players side. I agree with reducing the amount of ares soldiers but here is my thoughts on this topic.

1.)Reverse all your changes and if the temple or monument is gone can't use that assist feature.

2.) As the amount assisters increases let's say anymore than 3 it goes to one Ares soldier per drop.

With the new update you have made them worthless in my eyes. You lowered health and strength way to far down so any God can kill them with one or maybe at most two shots.
                          Last edited by Matt6944; September 23, 2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Overkill I agree you only lose 1-2 trophies with these huge difference in trophy attacks. I hate wasting mine or my alliance mates time trying to defend unwinable defenses. I thought you were going to make computer bases for these players? Even with the low amount trophies lost per attack when your hit 20 times every few days your still losing 20-30 trophies. That's 5-8 attacks u must win just to get the trophies back. So either you spend gems doing these extra attacks or watch your trophy count stay the same waiting on your stamina to refill. Would love to hear why only some players get this benefit while others don't. What's the trophy count cut off for when this advantage begins. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NightFury View Post

Hey Dingo
                              Hey bud!
                              Leading Dancer of 7.1 Deadly Sins

Comment

Working...
                              X