New assist accounting scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New assist accounting scale

Hi all! We've changed the way that assists are counted in alliances.

In the old system, we counted the number of hoplites/archers that the player had sent in to assist their allies. With the introduction of many new powers, though, this no longer made sense.

With this new system, you'll now see your assist count climb by 1 every time you use an assist power. This should keep things simpler to understand and manage!

You'll also notice that your existing assistance count is displayed at ~10% of its old value to match up with the new scale. So if you had dropped 100 units, you'll now instead see yourself credited as delivering 10 drops.

Hope this all makes sense! Let us know if you have any questions!

Now it looks like no one helps out that much ☹️ Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	67
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	16255

This change wasn't a bad one, I just don't like that the current assist counts were changed.
    Thanks for the explanation on this one, Jay!
    Last edited by Kristina; September 12, 2016, 02:18 PM.
    Sanctuary

Comment

For some assists, it is still recording the numbers wonky for some people. I just assisted and it recorded hoplites and archers. Hopefully we can get this consistent across the board. Otherwise, this would be the equivalent to helping with 30 attacks. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by Kristina View Post
        Now it looks like no one helps out that much ☹️
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n16255[/ATTACH]
        Just compared to the old method, kristina, you'll adapt to the new one. This is the method many of us wanted, it greatly simplifies things and makes assist counts more "fair." Thanks Jay!

Comment

Originally posted by Kristina
          This change wasn't a bad one, I just don't like that the current assist counts were changed.
          Yeah, the psychological reasons were why we hesitated a bit while we figured out how to properly account for things in the new world, now that assists have changed their nature a bit from the simpler days of pure hoplites and archers. I definitely get how different it feels! Thanks for understanding what we're going for on that; I don't discount how odd a change in number scale feels!

Originally posted by Jbm View Post
          For some assists, it is still recording the numbers wonky for some people. I just assisted and it recorded hoplites and archers. Hopefully we can get this consistent across the board. Otherwise, this would be the equivalent to helping with 30 attacks. Thanks for the update!
          Hey Jbm! Yeah, in post-battle summary screen it still displays the raw troop numbers. But in terms of how your total assist count changes in your "total assist count" within your alliance, that's all going to be in terms of total number of drops/spells/etc.

We'll get everything a bit more consistently displayed in the next game update! This most recent change was just on the servers, since it only had to do with the permanent assistance count recordkeeping that we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdjitsu View Post

Just compared to the old method, kristina, you'll adapt to the new one. This is the method many of us wanted, it greatly simplifies things and makes assist counts more "fair." Thanks Jay!
            I won't be adapting to anything because this isn't something that I disagree with. As I said above, it isn't a bad change, I like the new assist counting scale. I just don't like that the current assist points were changed.
            Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post

Yeah, the psychological reasons were why we hesitated a bit while we figured out how to properly account for things in the new world, now that assists have changed their nature a bit from the simpler days of pure hoplites and archers. I definitely get how different it feels! Thanks for understanding what we're going for on that; I don't discount how odd a change in number scale feels!
              I completely understand why you guys have changed it, and it was a good call. I will miss seeing the 200k's lol. Change is good though!
              Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post

Hey Jbm! Yeah, in post-battle summary screen it still displays the raw troop numbers. But in terms of how your total assist count changes in your "total assist count" within your alliance, that's all going to be in terms of total number of drops/spells/etc.

We'll get everything a bit more consistently displayed in the next game update! This most recent change was just on the servers, since it only had to do with the permanent assistance count recordkeeping that we do.
                Awesome! I just wanted to make sure some weren't getting more assists than others because it was counting those in the total donations after the last update. The reduction in overall numbers is not correct for those who just joined us since their numbers were already only counting one per drop and then those numbers were dramatically reduced. I am sure that in a week or two it will all even out and we will be able to use the assist numbers again to determine activity within the alliance. Sad to see my 3 million donations go away though

Comment

Originally posted by Jbm View Post
                  Sad to see my 3 million donations go away though

My hat's off to you on that!! In the new world, your new 300k score is amazing!

We're not aware of anyone hitting the million-drop milestone yet. You've got a good start on it thought!

Comment

Great job devs for implementing this change. This makes it easier to track assist points. My 1 million points....shrunk to 100k.huhuhu
                    Omygad of Savages

Comment

Thank you for simplifying the support tracking! Like many others have already mentioned, it's hard to get over losing the insane levels many of our members have achieved, however, we'll take solace knowing the scale is equitable and easier to understand going forward

Comment

This does simplify things especially for new members joining and going inactive they could get a comfortable looking assist score and go in active, however is there going to be a way for generals to see weekly/month assists in the future?
                        Leading Dancer of 7.1 Deadly Sins

Comment

Working...
                        X