Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alliance FAQs Answered

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alliance FAQs Answered

    Greetings, gods and goddesses!
    I have noticed a few common questions popping up in my alliance chat, so I thought I'd provide some information here to help new players better understand how alliances work.
    I have a separate guide for alliance strategy ideas and troop placement tips which you can check out here.

    Answers to FAQ:

    • Donating troops to help allies does not take anything away from your own base/defences/resources.

    • You can donate troops to allies an unlimited number of times. The only limit is the few-second cooldown between each set of troops you drop.
    If your troops ever stop spawning, it's probably the result of brief lag, a connection issue, or the main player quitting the game. Sometimes leaving the battle and re-joining will fix the issue.

    • There is no limit to the number of alliance members who can join the same battle.

    • The strength and number of troops you drop is based on the main player's stats, not your own.
    For attacks, the strength and quantity of ally reinforcements will depend on the number of gods the main player has, and their gods' average level.
    When defending an ally's city, your troops' strength and quantity will be based on the number of temples in the ally's city, and the temples' average level.

    • You can share battle replays with your alliance members, either immediately after the match via the share button, or by accessing your attack history > details > share.

    • You can view the bases of your alliance members by tapping on the gear tab, selecting a player, and tapping "visit", or by tapping on their name in chat.

    • Leaders, generals, and captains have different levels of moderating abilities within an alliance. Depending on their rank, they may promote, demote, or kick members, make announcements, participate in officer chat, and change the alliance description and requirements. Leaders may choose to assign roles to help keep the chat clean and friendly, and some alliances reward active members with promotions. This is an optional feature and does not affect gameplay.

    • There is a maximum of 100 members per alliance. There are a couple of larger alliances from before the cap was introduced, but the developers will be splitting these into smaller groups in the near future.

    • Campaign levels are single player so they cannot be joined or shared by alliance members.

    • It is currently not possible to share ally sparring replays, but it has been suggested to the developers for a future update.

    • You cannot donate resources to allies such as gold, stone, gems, or nectar.

    No resources are currently awarded for assisting allies, but several people have requested this feature be added. If you feel this would improve the game, let the developers know in the feature request thread here. Even without a resource bonus, alliances are a great way to get an edge against harder opponents, take part in extra games while your nectar recharges, and connect with a fun community of players.
    Update: You now gain +3 nectar each time you drop troops to assist your allies!

    • Alliance rankings are calculated based on a weighted percentage of each member's trophies. The top 10 players in the alliance contribute a higher percentage of their trophies than the next 10, and so on. The lower half of players will have a minimal effect on overall alliance trophies.

    • "Sorry, this battle is no longer available." If you join a game and get a screen of clouds followed by this message, it usually means the player you tried to assist closed the app or received a phone call, etc. It may also be a sign of connection issues with your device if you keep seeing this message (a red wifi symbol on your city screen will confirm this.) Check your internet connection, or try restarting the app.

    Feel free to reply to this thread if you have any additional questions.
    You can find answers to many questions in the game's Help section (left tab), or by clicking on info buttons (for battles) or icons (at the top of the home screen, such as gems, gold, nectar, etc.)
    Last edited by Amethyst; January 16, 2016, 08:30 AM.

  • #2
    Great list of alliance facts! This answers just about all of the questions we tend to get about alliances. Really nice job, Amethyst!

    Comment


    • #3
      Aw man, what a great compilation of answers to the frequently asked questions about alliances. I hope they sticky this and your other thread. Very informative posts!

      Thank you so much for taking the time to make these.
      The Dream Team!
      Join our active and friendly alliance!

      Comment


      • #4
        Another answer you may like to add is how are the alliance rankings calculated? I know a few people wonder about this.
        A New Era has begun.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Keva View Post
          Another answer you may like to add is how are the alliance rankings calculated? I know a few people wonder about this.
          This is a great question! I will have to ask the devs for exact details, but I know that the alliance's top 10 players carry greater weight than the next 10, and so on, until the lowest 10 players don't have much effect on the alliance ranking. So there are basically different multipliers for different tiers within the alliance. I'll see if I can get some more info and add it to the FAQ!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            This is a great question! I will have to ask the devs for exact details, but I know that the alliance's top 10 players carry greater weight than the next 10, and so on, until the lowest 10 players don't have much effect on the alliance ranking. So there are basically different multipliers for different tiers within the alliance. I'll see if I can get some more info and add it to the FAQ!

            and this stops after 100 members correct? refering to the alliances from beta with a lot of members, i'm sure this was answered somewhere but it was a question asked by a few people in my alliance that you may want to consider adding on to the answer but this list is great!
            A New Era has begun.

            Comment


            • #7
              1. Does a god's strength statistic affect his abilities, or are the abilities a set damage? I've been assuming that strength only applied to basic attacks, since abilities all seem to list flat power based on upgrades to that individual ability. But I've noticed people popping ares 3rd and then a spin often, seems to work, implying that his strength increasing 3rd also affects the spin. Or maybe strength increasing abilities increase affect other abilities, but increasing strength stat doesn't?

              2. Does athena's one-time power affect puny human spawns/helpers/converts?

              Awesome tips so far, answered some nagging questions, thanks so much!
              Last edited by Nerdjitsu; February 12, 2016, 04:48 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry it's taking me a while to update this, I've been a bit busy but I haven't forgotten about your questions!

                I can give you some quick answers now and I'll update the FAQ later.

                Keva: Yes, only the top 100 players of an alliance are counted. Jay is eventually going to trim down the huge alliances by removing inactive members, so the numbers should be more reasonable.

                Nerdjitsu:

                1. Gods' strength stat plays a part in certain abilities, eg. Spread Shot - the multiplier determines how many arrows are shot, but the arrows themselves are based on Artemis' strength. In some cases there is a percentage bonus, like with Ares' Bloodlust which gives +200% of his current strength.
                Any abilities that have their own numeric strength stat won't be affected by the god's strength.

                2. Yes, Athena's Inspiration affects all allies within range, including troops!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Sorry it's taking me a while to update this, I've been a bit busy but I haven't forgotten about your questions!

                  I can give you some quick answers now and I'll update the FAQ later.

                  Keva: Yes, only the top 100 players of an alliance are counted. Jay is eventually going to trim down the huge alliances by removing inactive members, so the numbers should be more reasonable.

                  Nerdjitsu:

                  1. Gods' strength stat plays a part in certain abilities, eg. Spread Shot - the multiplier determines how many arrows are shot, but the arrows themselves are based on Artemis' strength. In some cases there is a percentage bonus, like with Ares' Bloodlust which gives +200% of his current strength.
                  Any abilities that have their own numeric strength stat won't be affected by the god's strength.

                  2. Yes, Athena's Inspiration affects all allies within range, including troops!

                  Thanks so much Amethyst!!! Very useful info!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Sorry it's taking me a while to update this, I've been a bit busy but I haven't forgotten about your questions!

                    I can give you some quick answers now and I'll update the FAQ later.

                    Keva: Yes, only the top 100 players of an alliance are counted. Jay is eventually going to trim down the huge alliances by removing inactive members, so the numbers should be more reasonable.

                    Nerdjitsu:

                    1. Gods' strength stat plays a part in certain abilities, eg. Spread Shot - the multiplier determines how many arrows are shot, but the arrows themselves are based on Artemis' strength. In some cases there is a percentage bonus, like with Ares' Bloodlust which gives +200% of his current strength.
                    Any abilities that have their own numeric strength stat won't be affected by the god's strength.

                    2. Yes, Athena's Inspiration affects all allies within range, including troops!
                    Thanks for answering those questions amethyst! We all love you!
                    🔥CRATUS🔥
                    ➡️ Number 1 Alliance Defending Bases ⬅️

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Sorry it's taking me a while to update this, I've been a bit busy but I haven't forgotten about your questions!

                      I can give you some quick answers now and I'll update the FAQ later.

                      Keva: Yes, only the top 100 players of an alliance are counted. Jay is eventually going to trim down the huge alliances by removing inactive members, so the numbers should be more reasonable.

                      Nerdjitsu:

                      1. Gods' strength stat plays a part in certain abilities, eg. Spread Shot - the multiplier determines how many arrows are shot, but the arrows themselves are based on Artemis' strength. In some cases there is a percentage bonus, like with Ares' Bloodlust which gives +200% of his current strength.
                      Any abilities that have their own numeric strength stat won't be affected by the god's strength.

                      2. Yes, Athena's Inspiration affects all allies within range, including troops!

                      Thought about 1 some more, especially in relation to Athena's strength increasing 3rd (only 3rd I have). If strength only affects basic attacks and abilities with no strength listing, it should follow that popping athena's 3rd shouldn't enhance strength-listed abilities, like Ares charge. Did some tests on campaign level 3 temple, running Ares charge, from the same distance, with and without Athena's 3rd running. It definitely did more damage with the Athena buff, by about the strength increase listed (56.1% for level 7 Inspiration).

                      So is it just strength buffs that increase ability damage? Or am I missing something?

                      Thanks for knowing stuff Amethyst!!

                      Edit: thought about it and realized the buff description just means it increases all strengths, base and ability. So, disregard.

                      Thanks again!
                      Last edited by Nerdjitsu; February 18, 2016, 01:27 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Is there any way to know how much you donate on each battle? I noticed that every time a new player assisted the amount of troops each member could donate was less. In example, the first troop drop by a person assisting another alliance member with six gods is 14, the next is 13 and the next is 12. However, assisting someone with five gods it goes like this: 12,12,11. Is there any limit to the amount of troops donated? And is there any limit to how many people can assist at once? I've noticed too how illogical it would be for the amount of troops donated to be 1, since it would cut in half all the donations and at that point it would be +2 people, making it impossible for the amount to be greater or the same as the total amount of troops donated.
                        I would appreciate the response a lot and thank you in advance!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Delta View Post
                          Is there any way to know how much you donate on each battle? I noticed that every time a new player assisted the amount of troops each member could donate was less. In example, the first troop drop by a person assisting another alliance member with six gods is 14, the next is 13 and the next is 12. However, assisting someone with five gods it goes like this: 12,12,11. Is there any limit to the amount of troops donated? And is there any limit to how many people can assist at once? I've noticed too how illogical it would be for the amount of troops donated to be 1, since it would cut in half all the donations and at that point it would be +2 people, making it impossible for the amount to be greater or the same as the total amount of troops donated.
                          I would appreciate the response a lot and thank you in advance!

                          At the end of the battle it displays all the helpers and you are given two numbers, for example 2|28 would mean you donated 28 troops over 2 turns, as for the reason for the number of troops you donate, Amethyst explains it here.
                          A New Era has begun.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for the link, Keva! I'll put the info here for easy viewing, but these numbers may change as the game develops to make sure it stays balanced.

                            The number of troops dropped will depend on how many gods the attacking ally has, or how many temples the defending ally has.
                            Here are the current baseline numbers that will apply if there are less than 3 people assisting:

                            1 god/temple: 4 troops
                            2 gods/temples: 6 troops
                            3 gods/temples: 8 troops
                            4 gods/temples: 10 troops
                            5 gods/temples: 12 troops
                            6 gods/temples: 14 troops

                            If there are 3 or more people assisting, the numbers will vary depending on the number of allies and when they join the battle.

                            There is no limit to how many people can join or the total number of troops they can drop during the battle.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Thanks for the link, Keva! I'll put the info here for easy viewing, but these numbers may change as the game develops to make sure it stays balanced.

                              The number of troops dropped will depend on how many gods the attacking ally has, or how many temples the defending ally has.
                              Here are the current baseline numbers that will apply if there are less than 3 people assisting:

                              1 god/temple: 4 troops
                              2 gods/temples: 6 troops
                              3 gods/temples: 8 troops
                              4 gods/temples: 10 troops
                              5 gods/temples: 12 troops
                              6 gods/temples: 14 troops

                              If there are 3 or more people assisting, the numbers will vary depending on the number of allies and when they join the battle.

                              There is no limit to how many people can join or the total number of troops they can drop during the battle.
                              I know that when 16 people is assisting if the attacker has 6 gods and temples you will only be able to spawn 5 troops! Yes 5! I dont want to know what will happen at 50 people at the same time..
                              🔥CRATUS🔥
                              ➡️ Number 1 Alliance Defending Bases ⬅️

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X