Balance Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance Changes

Below are my observations and would like to know if anything under planning from development team.

1. UW gods(Even level 100 UW bases)keep steam rolling my OW base so easily even if we try to defend. Battles are so hopeless that defending makes no sense. Any plans to make UW and OW games separate? Now thats high time.
    2. Can we expect some sort of balance with mono attacks against slowpush? Mono battles are hopeless to defend even against 20 levels below us.
    3. Are you considering any boosts to defences specially against mono attacks?
    4. Please rethink nerfing centaurs. They aren't bad. People handling this update is not accurate.

Hope I am clear with what I think.

Originally posted by Thorr View Post
    Below are my observations and would like to know if anything under planning from development team.

1. UW gods(Even level 100 UW bases)keep steam rolling my OW base so easily even if we try to defend. Battles are so hopeless that defending makes no sense. Any plans to make UW and OW games separate? Now thats high time.
    2. Can we expect some sort of balance with mono attacks against slowpush? Mono battles are hopeless to defend even against 20 levels below us.
    3. Are you considering any boosts to defences specially against mono attacks?
    4. Please rethink nerfing centaurs. They aren't bad. People handling this update is not accurate.

Hope I am clear with what I think.
    1. I totally agree with this, the 2 are just too different to really go together in my opinion and should not be forced together.
    2. Idk cuz i barely see any mono player attack my base. Lot of the time i still manage to win
    3. Maybe add a tiny slow debuff on god when gorgons hit them
    4. Centaur should be nerfed in my opinion. They are far too strong against slow push. At least nerf them so they are comparable with spartans as they are so much better than them right now making spartan nearly unused

Comment

The big problem with making them separate games at this point would be the Meg Environment. There's no winning against it with UW... which means more and more nerfing. The devs are busy screwing up OL already and slow with the updates. I only foresee this worsening both games. IMO the only savior would be joining the pantheons with UW specific gods having a "special" building to unlock specific to them. You'd have enough variation to actually have a strategy game vs a waiting game (which is the current situation), provided there is a max # of gods you can have (and an option to "sell" or exchange).

Ugh mono god. Honestly, if I were better at it I would use it religiously.

With gorgons, why does Hera's reflect damage not drain shield first then building health like literally every other building? That needs fixed.

I like concept of centaurs. Is it the battle charge that locks onto a god/target and is uninterruptible that's the problem? Something should be able to break the charge aside from Charm or Apollo's explosions.
      Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

1. Honestly, I do not see them ever getting split apart. Thorr, if UW was more closely and well balanced with respect to OW, would you still have objections?

2/3/4. Centaurs/Spartans are "linked" because they share a resource cost scale, and as such, we need to make them useful for different purposes. For example, one could be good against mono but the other good against slow push (or alternatively one could be good against UW and the other good against OW, or some combination). So if you are concerned mostly about mono, but not slow push, a health nerf against centaurs still makes them a good anti-mono unit but makes them weaker against slow push. (Similarly, if we gave them a big health nerf and even a small attack boost, and possibly start with 4 of them pre-spawned, they become very dangerous against mono and probably not really much better against slow push). Making Aphrodite generally stronger also could potentially make centaurs a less attractive unit (if they had high damage and low health). As Unspeakable1 said, having more things to break their charge could also be an option. Anyways, I'm all ears if any of these ideas sound good or if there are other ideas.

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
          1. Honestly, I do not see them ever getting split apart. Thorr, if UW was more closely and well balanced with respect to OW, would you still have objections?

2/3/4. Centaurs/Spartans are "linked" because they share a resource cost scale, and as such, we need to make them useful for different purposes. For example, one could be good against mono but the other good against slow push (or alternatively one could be good against UW and the other good against OW, or some combination). So if you are concerned mostly about mono, but not slow push, a health nerf against centaurs still makes them a good anti-mono unit but makes them weaker against slow push. (Similarly, if we gave them a big health nerf and even a small attack boost, and possibly start with 4 of them pre-spawned, they become very dangerous against mono and probably not really much better against slow push). Making Aphrodite generally stronger also could potentially make centaurs a less attractive unit (if they had high damage and low health). As Unspeakable1 said, having more things to break their charge could also be an option. Anyways, I'm all ears if any of these ideas sound good or if there are other ideas.

leroy

I dont see how uw can be balanced with ow bases with hades reqiuem. Aphrodite charm does need more buffing tbh, it still kind of useless with centaur as you probably cant charm more than a handful of them which instantly get killed by the centaurs that are behind them before they can really do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
            I dont see how uw can be balanced with ow bases with hades reqiuem.
            If I agreed (which I'm not sure I do), of course the quick answer would just to be nerf requiem in some manner (whether it be duration/reanimate area/whatever). It is definitely a very strong power, so that wouldn't really be an inappropriate nerf (though no plans currently).

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
            Aphrodite charm does need more buffing tbh, it still kind of useless with centaur as you probably cant charm more than a handful of them which instantly get killed by the centaurs that are behind them before they can really do anything.
            Actually patron Aphrodite charm units is already going to be getting a buff next update, though perhaps in the future a normal charm units boost would be useful as well. Baby steps though. Doing both at the same time has the larger possibility of overdoing it.

leroy

Comment

leroy

Not sure. May be just give aphro monument to kill some skeleton. Not in big proportion. Just good enough to slow the attack. Killing all skeletons with monument will be bad idea because that will hert slowpush in OW too.

I dont know what really will work. Just a thought.

Comment

1. A citadel like structure in OL to counter mono if a nerf to Poseidon water blast is a no-go
                2. 20% more health to temples and barracks, maybe even more
                3. A nerf to Requiem that drastically limits the amount of troops that can be turned
                4. heroes get a 100% base stats increase but can no longer receive a boost from houses
                5. centaurs -50% health but are now spawned at start in a certain number
                6. sell a battle pass that doubles resources gained for a month (like every other mobile game does)
                7. the ability to sell monuments and decorations, completely useless for high level bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2 View Post
                  1. A citadel like structure in OL to counter mono if a nerf to Poseidon water blast is a no-go
                  3. A nerf to Requiem that drastically limits the amount of troops that can be turned
                  4. heroes get a 100% base stats increase but can no longer receive a boost from houses
                  6. sell a battle pass that doubles resources gained for a month (like every other mobile game does)
                  7. the ability to sell monuments and decorations, completely useless for high level bases.
                  A tower priced the same as gorgons that prevented drops would work too. Pricey enough to prevent over-purchasing and numerous enough to cause problems with drops. ... At least with normal players. You could prolly over-purchase.

Id personally still rather see heroes as a defensive pantheon with a light (quick) attack and heavy (slow) attack. Would be a strong counter to mono or slow push (or even UW) if I could direct Paris whom to shoot or Perseus to target first.

Comment

I agree with the UW needing a nerf or rescaling, i think the timing might be wrong since we don't have equal # of gods to OL yet

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
                      I agree with the UW needing a nerf or rescaling, i think the timing might be wrong since we don't have equal # of gods to OL yet
                      Next god added to underworld should be Kronos with chains on him and his time power affecting ability cooldowns and maybe his ultimate is resetting the last used ultimate but with weaker, smaller or shorter duration version. It would be cool to get off two requiems, revives, more hounds, more damage reduction, longer time slow. It would definitely take work to balance but it might work better to weaken hades current requiem so that instead of immediately wiping out a base completely with one requiem it gives more opportunity for defense but also a comeback when bases still have too many troops.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2 View Post
                        I agree on all but number 6. Maybe something else but it would be a bit too pay 2 win if there is battle pass. Maybe more skins and other cosmetics

Comment

In my opinion,

1. Requiem should be left as it is.. in my case it is already very difficult to win OW cities. Nerfing the requiem would just kill the whole uw concept (the requiem is the power which makes it worthwhile and fun attacking with uw gods). We need a new god actually.. currently it is 8 gods in UW vs 10 gods in OW.. not balanced at all.

2. The other thing needed is a better defense against OW in the underworld. Attacking the latter with olympus gods is extremely easy.. monuments with special units (as in ow) are needed for a stronger defense.

3. On the other hand, attacking uw with uw gods (specifically megahera environment) is practically impossible. Honestly this doesn't make sense at all. Before nerfing hecate's environment, the latter could be easily won even with uw gods. So how come now we have megahera cities which cannot be destroyed with uw gods (please find a solution to this)? Nerfing megahera environment is not the solution or else we will end up with another useless environment like hecate's.

4. PERSEUS... I have been writing about this op hero numerous times... he was never given a nerf. He needs one as soon as possible along with the centaurs. How come hera patron is not able to handle them at all? There are people with maxed hera patron who commented on this as well... is the patron concept obsolete? I read in another post that centaurs and zeus are getting a nerf ... I hope this next update ( which i hope is very soon.. please give us a timeline developers) will not create another super god who will force us to change patron again... and hopefully a perseus nerf please.

5. Give us more events.. not just weekly challenges, new over 160 level daily challenges. And let us be able to sell environments and heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Isniffstuff View Post

Next god added to underworld should be Kronos with chains on him and his time power affecting ability cooldowns and maybe his ultimate is resetting the last used ultimate but with weaker, smaller or shorter duration version. It would be cool to get off two requiems, revives, more hounds, more damage reduction, longer time slow. It would definitely take work to balance but it might work better to weaken hades current requiem so that instead of immediately wiping out a base completely with one requiem it gives more opportunity for defense but also a comeback when bases still have too many troops.
                            UW already has a time altering ability with Tis. Unless her power is changed to have less of a slowing effect with actually damaging enemies like a blizzard would, Kronos os obsolete... or at the least, introducing him would be overkill. Plus, 15-20 seconds (average cooldown for most powers) really isn't such a long time that they would need a faster recharge rate. It's one reason why Zeus Patron is stupidly OP at higher level. His power recharges before the damn lightning has even run out the first time with its roughly 150 unit targeting ability.

The next god in UW should have some ridiculous ability that operates outside the predetermined range like Arty's spread shot or Zeus' chain lightning. Then you'd start to see UW be more equal to OL... And Meg's drain life power needs to have it's AoE scale as power increases.

Comment

leroy

I feel like this could be a good buildout. Isn't (or wasn't) the idea of Spartans and being able to guard specific areas a defense against Mono style? I would say it wasn't successful in this idea but it could be improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X