On Patron Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post

Making base hard make people stop attacking and if people stop atttacking then defense will be pointless
    Or maybe people should stop whining and start figuring out a good strategy even with defense at its peak offense still had a huge advantage
    Azura

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

Who are you to say what's popular/unpopular? Make no mistake about it, what you see on forum is NOT indicative of the player-base. Some on here are pro defense JUST to tank the game bc they're THAT fed up with it and want the whole thing to crash...OR theyve played a whopping 6 months and scored well on a weekly challenge so they think they have it all figured out. so take what you see here with a grain of salt.

And guess what, if you quit your defense, it will still hover around the same trophy mark for months on end regardless (till the next money grabbing hero update of course)....if thats any indication of how much your involvement means to it lol. On the flip side TONS of active attackers are quitting on the daily right now so you can enjoy watching your replays.

No one is saying defense should be totally irrelevant.....eventually even the best attackers matchup with someone they cant beat due to whatever....but just look at the game now compared to the game from a few yrs back...heroes....paris....UW super hecate matchups ....multiple heroes per map.. centaurs...ffs defense has gotten its buffs already
      No, you’re not saying it should be irrelevant, just significantly reduced, and sidelined next to Offense. How very generous of you.

So why don’t we just give you what you clearly want. Lets just remove f*cking cities altogether. Defense is obviously pointless, replay-watching and just gives people the opportunity to be unfair pains in the ass, right.
      So lets just scrap cities and throw out Stone as a useless resource. You will now only attack for Gold and fight pre-designed, totally fair cities made by the Devs. Sounds good, lets just play never-ending daily challenge mode, why the f*ck not?

Your intractable arrogance is almost beyond belief. While you sit there and casually dismiss half of the gaming population as some obscure and conspiratorial minority. And then have the sheer, unfettered, shameless audacity to claim that ANYONE who supports my opinion is some kind of diabolical shill.

Why don’t you wake up from your misguided delusion and smell the coffee.

Who the Hades are You to assert what the majority of people playing this game think? I like defense, my clan like defense, our sister alliance enjoys defense, my random IRL friends I hooked on this game like defense. Need I remind, you there is an entire top-ranked alliance known as Immortals, who focus primarily on defense. More than a few people on this forum also support it. But I guess anyone here who doesn't agree with you is a liar, running a Psy-OP. Seriously, do you even hear yourself?

On the flip side TONS of active attackers are quitting on the daily right now so you can enjoy watching your replays.
      Here’s a news flash for you: with no vibrant defense features, there’s no reward for successful attacking.

You don’t think the needs defense enthusiasts? Well we don’t need you either. Good Defenders are among the most active Attackers, so don’t worry, I’ll still have PLENTY of replays to watch without your company.

And guess what, if you quit your defense, it will still hover around the same trophy mark for months on end regardless (till the next money grabbing hero update of course)....if thats any indication of how much your involvement means to it lol.
      And another news flash. You may be surprised to learn that if you stop actively improving and defending your city
      in-step with your attacking habits and success, then your defense cups drop to a ratio that is disproportionate with your offensive Cups. Much like what has happened to me personally, as i’ve been unable to play for the last week or so, due to work. I dropped nearly 120 cups.

As should be damn-well be apparent, if you neglect defense your trophies drop. There’s not some magically, broken element implemented by the evil Devs to stop this outcome. You’re just being intransigent.

look at the game now compared to the game from a few yrs back...heroes....paris....UW super hecate matchups ....multiple heroes per map.. centaurs...ffs defense has gotten its buffs already
      You really wanna sit here and trade blows about balance discrepancies? I can go tit-for-tat with you all day long.

-Let’s talk about how Zeus now massacres hundreds of men every 15 seconds.
      -Or how Apollo wipes out entire neighborhoods and city blocks with his Flame Arrows. And takes out those terribly unfair heroes, you invested billions for, in about 6 shots.
      -Or Hades with his %150 reanimation power? Sweet jesus.
      -Infact just the entire slowpush triad, Athena, Aphrodite and Hades. All of them with %150 patron bonuses? You think that’s not ridiculous? I’m not saying I don’t have a blast using those patrons, but you can’t tell me those bonuses aren’t through the roof.

Between UW and these deified super-patrons, i think its more than fair to say that Offense has received it’s fair share of power.

At this point, it’s just one overpowered side against another. And that, in my eyes, is what makes a battle for the Gods.
      Last edited by Crazy Uncle Oceanus; May 2, 2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Crazy Uncle Oceanus

🤣 Bro, I don't even care abt 'winning' this internet argument anymore after reading that novel and you clearly care more so have at it. I tap and cry 'uncle'. Play a little longer, and let the devs upend you a few more times then reference this thread in like 2 years.

I would however, love your idea about getting rid of defense entirely. When your atk trophies get high enough all the maps are the same and everyone copies each other anyway, so let's just save ourselves the time and get to attacking 😀 😉

What a joke of a thread, this seriously made my evening reading abt how passionate ppl can get over watching their replays. Have fun mindlessly tapping your screen defending and watching replays 😆

Comment

Crazy Uncle Oceanus

🤣 Bro, I don't even care abt 'winning' this internet argument anymore after reading that novel and you clearly care more so have at it. I tap and cry 'uncle'. Play a little longer, and let the devs upend you a few more times then reference this thread in like 2 years.
          Let’s not play coy. You’ve shown your hand far too many times to hide behind that detached and cool-headed facade. If any of that was true you wouldn’t have even bothered to respond. You wanted the last word, you’re not going to get it.

The reality is you will continue to whine and complain passionately in future threads, just as you did many times in this one, before I challenged you. Because, obviously, you care very much and want your opinion and reasoning heard and considered by the Devs. So once again, let us not play coy.

I can only hope for further buffs to defense, if for nothing else than the urgent need to drive off such thoroughly unpleasant individuals such as yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Uncle Oceanus View Post
            Let’s not play coy. You’ve shown your hand far too many times to hide behind that detached and cool-headed facade. If any of that was true you wouldn’t have even bothered to respond. You wanted the last word, you’re not going to get it.

The reality is you will continue to whine and complain passionately in future threads, just as you did many times in this one, before I challenged you. Because, obviously, you care very much and want your opinion and reasoning heard and considered by the Devs. So once again, let us not play coy.

I can only hope for further buffs to defense, if for nothing else than the urgent need to drive off such thoroughly unpleasant individuals such as yourself.
            Well, we are basically there 😉 You're right, ive tried to make my logic heard/read by devs more times than I care to admit....and look where it's gotten me. You will be in my position soon enough, so just enjoy your win - get the last word if you must, idgaf - just enjoy your win 😉

Comment

I know I probably sound heartless, it’s just that the old ways are never coming back, the old strategies will never work again. And i’m not willing to see the my beloved city disemboweled in the attempt to get it back, because it never can be like it was.

Change has come to the game, it’s a truth we have to deal with. I think it’s pretty clear that the Developers are making some moves to erode the supremacy of the old two-strategy paradigm. Monogod or Slowpush. I’ve never really had a set strategy, i access every city and choose a custom approach. I of course have my tendencies and strategies try to keep several in good practice for every patron. If slowpush and mono and made worthless…it doesnt really matter to me. They’re only a part of my arsenal. There’s nothing anywhere that says we are guaranteed any particular strategy to be effective.

Thats not to say I dont empathsize with the people losing the strategies they took many years and great pride in mastering. But that’s the price of a dynamic and evolving game. Things HAVE to shift, which means that eventually, every person’s preferred strategy will get outmoded, and new ways of thinking are required. Believe me, I do feel your pain, i’ve had to shift gears several times over now.

I would personally like yet more tweaks to Patrons as well. Zeus, for instance, actually needs MORE power to counter the new Centaurs. Instead of another patron boost, it would be nice if they increase the base strength of Zap on the mid to high end by 50% to 100%

Comment

Crazy Uncle Oceanus

I would however, love your idea about getting rid of defense entirely. When your atk trophies get high enough all the maps are the same and everyone copies each other anyway, so let's just save ourselves the time and get to attacking 😀 😉

Stop trolling I'm tired of seeing people like you who intentionally says something that they know will make people a tad bit mad just for laughs seriously if you don't like the game anymore no one is stopping you from uninstalling it 🤷‍♂️

Azura

Comment

Please remove patron. I want to win more defense cuz screw offense at this point

Comment

OMG whats happening here?

Chill guys. Your arguments won't make devs decide anything 😉😉..

They follow their own way of doing..doesn't matter what u fight for here..

They follow what suits more to fill their bank account, let it be offence or defence..

Believe it or not thats the truth like any other business..😇😇

Comment

That update with centaur surely filled their bank up with all those people quitting

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
                        That update with centaur surely filled their bank up with all those people quitting
                        Slight miss calculations... They were hoping people will spend gems on resetting gods to have over powered patrons to counter Centaurs but as I understand (from forum only) people stopped playing instead of resetting gods... Also comedy of error they made was removed gods reset button during update so people could not reset their gods immediately and stopped playing instead 😂😂😂😂(Again I use forum feedback I dont know reality)

In general, funny insident for me..

This money trap failed failed miserably 🙈🙈🙈

Comment

Originally posted by Thorr View Post

Slight miss calculations... They were hoping people will spend gems on resetting gods to have over powered patrons to counter Centaurs but as I understand (from forum only) people stopped playing instead of resetting gods... Also comedy of error they made was removed gods reset button during update so people could not reset their gods immediately and stopped playing instead 😂😂😂😂(Again I use forum feedback I dont know reality)

In general, funny insident for me..

This money trap failed failed miserably 🙈🙈🙈
                          You don't seriously think this do you? Believe it or not, nearly all of the releases we do simply refresh/enhance/improve the game. Releasing a new building/tower/unit makes almost no change in our revenue stream at all. Really the only thing that makes an impact is adding a new god, and that boost is minimal and very short-lived. As for 'players quitting', new releases tend to actually do the opposite and bring more players back, no matter what some people on these forums say about 'everyone in my alliance quit because of centaurs' or whatever.

leroy

Comment

Are there any plans or necessity for making changes on Centaurs in the near/far future leroy ? I'm curious if they will get a nerf or will stay the same. But if you can't answer this I would understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by Umutcan View Post
                              Are there any plans or necessity for making changes on Centaurs in the near/far future leroy ? I'm curious if they will get a nerf or will stay the same. But if you can't answer this I would understand that.
                              Currently undecided! Feedback is welcome.

leroy

Comment

Note that replacing the centaurs to be centaur archers is realistically never going to happen. What could happen eventually is the extra addition of centaur archers.

leroy

Comment

Working...
                                X