On Patron Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Patron Gods

What are your thoughts on using other Patron gods other than the big 4 (Poseidon, Hera, Artemis, Apollo). At midlevels (around 70s to low 100s) I've been seeing a lot of Zeus and Hades patrons. I also personally enjoy using Aphrodite as patron on my 2nd account which is around mid-70s. There's just something fun seeing Alecto bases be destroyed by their own fire towers.

I still do think that the the big 4 are strong, but are the others close to viability? What changes also would you like to see on Patron mechanics to allow more variety with patrons (if you believe variety is to be encouraged)? I think they should allow for Patron selection during battle start, or maybe separate Patron loadouts for Olympus and Underworld (tho I believe Aphrodite - especially max Patron Cham Buildings is extremely busted vs. UW).

​​​​​

I feel like midlevels see more variety because there is only 1 hero most of the time. it's fun to switch up, but as you go higher heroes become tedious in battles.

I attack bases around lvl 125-135 and imo other patrons are just not as viable as the big 4. Those bases almost always have 2 or 3 extremely boosted heroes that hard carry the entire base. There is just nothing skeletons or charmed buildings can do against them. It seems like a god's viability as a patron depends on their ability to deal with heroes, either bypassing them (Poseidon) or defeating them easily (Apollo).

Yes, I believe we should be able to switch patron during start of battle before dropping the gods. This would definitely promote variety and strategy by allowing the selection of the patron god that counters the base. We just never use Aphrodite as patron even if she is the best against Alecto/Hecate bases because patron Apollo is more well-rounded for all types of bases.

The best way I can see other patrons be more viable without nerfing heroes is to give them mechanics that allow them to deal with heroes. Any ideas for this? Until they get buffed, I'm sticking with Apollo as my patron just so he can kick those annoying heroes' and horses' asses

Comment

I 1000% agree.

top whales will get on here and tell you other patrons are viable but thats bc they're always attacking similar level or lower lvl maps in my opinion, and their non patron gods are buffed enough to clear heroes regardless in most cases bc of that matchup paradigm. When you're mid level (100-130) there's still a sizeable weight class above you and they're almost always carried by super buffed heroes. There's no amount of buffing aphrodite in current mechanics to make her of any use vs heroes - not to pick on aphrodite but conceptually this woukd apply to any patron that doesn't directly enable you to clear or avoid heroes.

Multiple heroes per map was fundamentally flawed from conception. The only thing people were vocal about at the time was patron variety and multiple heroes just further painted the player base into a box of either apollo (to replace artemis since so many wanted an arty nerf) or poseidon to be successful in the long term.

Having more than one patron load out could be nice to have though. Since it doesn't appear they're going to disassociate olympus from UW anytime soon, it'd be nice to at least have the option of changing patron at the beginning of the match

Comment

I've used Ares in the past with success. As a patron he can really wipe a swath of the board away and it can be a fun change of play. Though I don't think the board clearing style would work as well with multiple heroes as they would just kill your second push in a second. I think you could make Ares work....but I think you'd have to go full on Mono.

Comment

As a reply to Marshmalo, I think that they should implement a skill tree system for Patron Points, either by adding another 100 levels (thus max patron points is 500) or reducing HP and Atk buffs to 50% each. Then, the skill tree system would require 25 points to unlock, each tier accessible at 50,150,250,350 (or 100, 200,...).

The skill tree system could be new passives or ultimate skill centric.

Ultimate-centric things I've thought of include

​​​​​​Apollo having 2nd ultimate cast, w/ 25/50/75/100 strength as original for example.
          Aphrodite being able to share her ultimate with others at 25/50/75/100 percent strength? Maybe the untargetability, or the cooldown reduction.
          Artemis being able to create a hunter's zone with her ult where no projectiles (or no units) can enter.
          Ares' Bloodlust sparking fear into enemy units, decreasing enemy hp and atk by 20/40/60/80 percent (too op maybe lol)
          Hermes' regroup giving atk speed buff and damage immunity for x seconds (since they're fresh from olympus lol)

Then, new passives would be like
          Zeus being able to follow up attacks by allied gods with a smite for some damage, maybe during ult only? Obviously would be too powerful with Artemis spreadshot (+ Inspiration) [well, isn't Artemis like Zeus'favorite child lol].
          Ares being able to extend skill durations with personal unit kills (ir even regenerate life with them).
          Hermes giving atk speed buff w/Haste (again, kinda op w/ Poseidon, Apollo, and Artemis)

Obviously not well thought enough, but I think new passives or adding effects to ultimates with a skill tree system could help
          Last edited by Veznan; April 23, 2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veznan View Post
            As a reply to Marshmalo, I think that they should implement a skill tree system for Patron Points, either by adding another 100 levels (thus max patron points is 500) or reducing HP and Atk buffs to 50% each. Then, the skill tree system would require 25 points to unlock, each tier accessible at 50,150,250,350 (or 100, 200,...).

​​​​​​Apollo having 2nd ultimate cast, w/ 25/50/75/100 strength as original for example.
            Aphrodite being able to share her ultimate with others at 25/50/75/100 percent strength? Maybe the untargetability, or the cooldown reduction.
            Artemis being able to create a hunter's zone with her ult where no projectiles (or no units) can enter.
            Ares' Bloodlust sparking fear into enemy units, decreasing enemy hp and atk by 20/40/60/80 percent (too op maybe lol)
            Hermes' regroup giving atk speed buff and damage immunity for x seconds (since they're fresh from olympus lol)

Zeus being able to follow up attacks by allied gods with a smite for some damage, maybe during ult only? Obviously would be too powerful with Artemis spreadshot (+ Inspiration) [well, isn't Artemis like Zeus'favorite child lol].
            Ares being able to extend skill durations with personal unit kills (ir even regenerate life with them).
            Hermes giving atk speed buff w/Haste (again, kinda op w/ Poseidon, Apollo, and Artemis)

Obviously not well thought enough, but I think new passives or adding effects to ultimates with a skill tree system could help
            Athena is Zeus favorite. I honestly like this idea very much. It allows a wider diversity of strategy even when using the same patron

Comment

I really like tbe idea of including ultimates in the boosts for the patron god. I think it can foster balance into the patron selection right now if the new boosts and mechanics are implemented correctly. This also finally gives fresh content for offense after so many updates centered on defense

Comment

What are your thoughts on using other Patron gods other than the big 4 (Poseidon, Hera, Artemis, Apollo). At midlevels (around 70s to low 100s) I've been seeing a lot of Zeus and Hades patrons. I also personally enjoy using Aphrodite as patron on my 2nd account which is around mid-70s. There's just something fun seeing Alecto bases be destroyed by their own fire towers.

I still do think that the the big 4 are strong, but are the others close to viability? What changes also would you like to see on Patron mechanics to allow more variety with patrons (if you believe variety is to be encouraged)? I think they should allow for Patron selection during battle start, or maybe separate Patron loadouts for Olympus and Underworld (tho I believe Aphrodite - especially max Patron Cham Buildings is extremely busted vs. UW).

​​​​​
                This is a pretty bad idea imo because for example of you have Alecto patrion as ur uw base then you could just switch to aphro patron and defeat the whole purpose of defense pretty easy right now every base has a patron weakness but if you let the attacking gods choose there patron after seeing the base then defense has got no chance of ever being effective
                Azura

Comment

Originally posted by azura View Post

This is a pretty bad idea imo because for example of you have Alecto patrion as ur uw base then you could just switch to aphro patron and defeat the whole purpose of defense pretty easy right now every base has a patron weakness but if you let the attacking gods choose there patron after seeing the base then defense has got no chance of ever being effective
                  I second this. If I could tailor-pick my patron for every attack, I would literally almost never lose.

May as well just hand over the Cups and save some time.

Comment

Turn this into a topic cuz I honestly thing this might work out if dev isn't lazy with it

Comment

No. This would not work. Being able to change patrons before dropping gods at the start of a battle would be the finally nail in the coffin for this game and would encourage all players to nerf their cities as defense trophies would be meaningless.

Chris

Comment

Defense trophies are and have always been meaningless. Anything you largely win/lose while you aren't even playing is meaningless. All the defense buffs of late have made the game tedious af to play - the only reason I play at all anymore is bc I've played at the same time consistently for years and teammates expect me to be on at certain times.

Whether this patron thing is or isnt the answer doesnt even matter to me anymore....lol "nail in the coffin" ...as if devs haven't been using nail guns on semi auto as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by War Hammer View Post
                          No. This would not work. Being able to change patrons before dropping gods at the start of a battle would be the finally nail in the coffin for this game and would encourage all players to nerf their cities as defense trophies would be meaningless.

Chris
                          Not making alliance war was the nail to the coffin

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post
                            Defense trophies are and have always been meaningless. Anything you largely win/lose while you aren't even playing is meaningless. All the defense buffs of late have made the game tedious af to play - the only reason I play at all anymore is bc I've played at the same time consistently for years and teammates expect me to be on at certain times.

Whether this patron thing is or isnt the answer doesnt even matter to me anymore....lol "nail in the coffin" ...as if devs haven't been using nail guns on semi auto as of late.
                            No they aren't useless I actually enjoy defense alot it lets me help my fellow alliance members while also getting nectar defense has always been important to this game whether you believe it or not also
                            Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
                            Not making alliance war was the nail to the coffin

Alliance war was never part of this game and although it would be nice I think that maybe give the devs some time because if you really think about it how do you want alliance wars to happen

do you want a common city that only the leader can change do you want monuments in the city?

do you want a time limit of how many times a city can be attacked in one day?

How do you want to be able to attack another city do you want it random?

Who controls the gods that are attacking the other alliances city?

Will there be a patron god for the alliance war?

Will the alliance gods be different from the leaders gods?

These are just a few of the many questions that the devs would have to answer first before ANY type of alliance war could get started and even if they did somehow figure this all out then there would be people complaining that "why does the leader control the city" or "why can't all of us control the gods" so maybe before asking for something think about it a little more please

​​​​
                            ​​​​​

Azura

Comment

Originally posted by azura View Post

No they aren't useless I actually enjoy defense alot it lets me help my fellow alliance members while also getting nectar defense has always been important to this game whether you believe it or not also

Alliance war was never part of this game and although it would be nice I think that maybe give the devs some time because if you really think about it how do you want alliance wars to happen

do you want a common city that only the leader can change do you want monuments in the city?

do you want a time limit of how many times a city can be attacked in one day?

How do you want to be able to attack another city do you want it random?

Who controls the gods that are attacking the other alliances city?

Will there be a patron god for the alliance war?

Will the alliance gods be different from the leaders gods?

These are just a few of the many questions that the devs would have to answer first before ANY type of alliance war could get started and even if they did somehow figure this all out then there would be people complaining that "why does the leader control the city" or "why can't all of us control the gods" so maybe before asking for something think about it a little more please

​​​​
                              ​​​​​
                              The dev said they been working on it during a 2018 update news. I am pretty sure if they had been working on it, they should have came up with something after 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X