Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Uglecto and Hecate maps retain their power even if you destroy their temples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Uglecto and Hecate maps retain their power even if you destroy their temples?

In Olympus maps, once you destroy the main temple, the power of that map reduces significantly. I.e. reduced healing for Apollo maps, reduced attacks for Ares maps and so on. However, underworld maps retain their power even once you destroy them. Why? Are devs intentionally making Uglecto and Hecate maps braindead?

Originally posted by SeaFoot View Post
    In Olympus maps, once you destroy the main temple, the power of that map reduces significantly. I.e. reduced healing for Apollo maps, reduced attacks for Ares maps and so on. However, underworld maps retain their power even once you destroy them. Why? Are devs intentionally making Uglecto and Hecate maps braindead?
    That’s like asking why the Apollo Monument, in Apollo’s environment, retains it’s range and strength bonuses when you destroy Apollo’s Temple.

Because UW towers are not mortally linked to their temples the way that houses are. And that’s consistent with their behavior in Olympus.

Comment

Honestly, who knows what the Devs are planning in future updates with UW. This might very well be a plan they implement in the future. UW has been present for roughly a year now right? It has to compensate somehow against vastly more powerful OL attacks, better OL alliance powers, and more practiced OL strategies. Currently, the 8 +1 temples in UW simply dont withstand OL attacks well. Once there's 10, it might be worth revisiting the bonus, for now, it is trying to level and exceptionally unequal playing field.

Now, again, we hear this constant complaint about Phlegethon and Iron Gates being OP, but the bonus is the same across Tis, Meg, Alecto, and Hecate environments. Most probably barely notice arrow towers when fighting OL maps and use fire towers as a strategic point to charm when fighting OL maps. No one thinks they're OP until they've been boosted in UW and have to face many. The effective strategies against them are still largely the same, they just simply require slowing down a bit and not getting ahead of your troops or overconfident. Fire towers in OL will roast a god fairly quickly with the various boosts from houses. Aphrodite, I'd argue, is second only to Hades (perhaps Artemis patron) in taking down these maps. If your strategy is to waste her to open up a hole where a bajillion different towers have you in their range, then you deserve to lose. Charm the hell out of the "OP" towers and let them do your work for you. There is literally nothing that protects against Aphro's charm.
      Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

My view on UW is what it is, so my input can be largely disregarded. Idc what happens in UW unless it effects olympus. If they add a feature to disconnect the two, then I wouldnt give a care in the world about what UW does/doesn't have.

Specific to olympus attaking UW: Currently, hecate map (can make an argument for alecto too imo) is too strong. That's the obvious reason they're the only ones used. sure ppl are lazy and copy bases - but the whales who start the trends also unlock all environments and test them all out....they picked what they picked for a reason and the rest of the game will naturally follow suit. That dynamic will likely never change, but not the point. The only viable patron option for higher power UW maps (that doesnt also limit you in olympus matchups) is hera. All other strategies outright rely on intelligent assisters to drop hoplites and wait around until they clear enough map and aphro can charm enough for the attacker to proceed.

In a years' time, as UW maps continue to mature, hera will be the only patron worth having barring any significant change. She is the only one with utility in both olympus and UW.

My opinion only, now cue the "you just lack skill" posts... 😉😘

Comment

The devs need to balance out all the environment in uw. Some of them are just ridiculously op while some others are ridiculously weak

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

Specific to olympus attaking UW: Currently, hecate map (can make an argument for alecto too imo) is too strong. That's the obvious reason they're the only ones used. sure ppl are lazy and copy bases - but the whales who start the trends also unlock all environments and test them all out....they picked what they picked for a reason and the rest of the game will naturally follow suit. That dynamic will likely never change, but not the point. The only viable patron option for higher power UW maps (that doesnt also limit you in olympus matchups) is hera.😉😘
            That’s a fair argument, but I’ve seen the way those Whales build alternate environments. For instance, when the Villain update dropped Kitten, Whale of the Whales, when through a brief Elysium phase. It didnt not last long, he switched back after several days and went back to business as usual.

You might say this proves your point but i would argue otherwise. I’ve seen what these whales be doin’ and i was less than impressed with their skills off of the mainstream environments.

Kitten built SIXTEEN gardens (because he can lol) and then completely surrounded his villain and tossed the remaining ones around his base haphazardly. Why he changed back is obvious, it wasnt as good as his Iron Gates arrangement. But that’s no fault of Elysium, even if you’re extremely high level theres more to building a Persephone city than slamming all the gardens onto the hero lmao! And thats nothing bad on Kane2, he designed a respectable city as is to be expected of his level. But being lvl 168 doesnt replace the hundreds of hours+ spent by a dedicated Elysium user, scouring over thousands of replays to figure out exactly how best to optimize their city, resources, and placement.

Its the difference between being able to make an OK city and a nearly untouchable one.

I watched a number of ultra-high levels go for it during this period, none having what I would call success. But the strategies they employed weren’t exactly what i would call
            “competitive.”

Level is indicative of experience, but it does not substitute it.
            Being a Whale is great and all, but it doesnt do you any good if you havent put in the time and suffered the many losses it takes to perfect an environment’s defense.

Once again, not to pick on you Kitten, you just happened to be my best example on hand.
            Last edited by Crazy Uncle Oceanus; April 7, 2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Idk, just sounds like a whale doing exactly what I would hope he would do with resources he has. UW heroes dropped, then he switched to an environment that would presumably maximize the utility of heroes (since olympus heroes are ridiculous, he had every reason to at least fully test out UW heroes). In doing so, he tested UW heroes, found them to not be as effective as hecate, and switched back.

I literally just looked at top 50 UW maps and all but 2-3 were hecate, and those that weren't hecate were alecto. then I randomly picked like 10-15 maps from top 50-100 maps and they were basically all hecate with a random megaera one.

Not saying that you don't have a defensive mastermind strategy, but theres a very clear and obvious reason that basically every high end UW map is hecate.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Uncle Oceanus View Post

That’s like asking why the Apollo Monument, in Apollo’s environment, retains it’s range and strength bonuses when you destroy Apollo’s Temple.

Because UW towers are not mortally linked to their temples the way that houses are. And that’s consistent with their behavior in Olympus.
                No it's not the same lol. With Apollo environment, you only have one Apollo monument while you can build unlimited "Apollo monuments" in Uglecto maps. So yes, braindead indeed.

Comment

new balances coming and gates environment got nerfed

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmalo View Post
                    new balances coming and gates environment got nerfed
                    Lmao my favorite part of kiddie's video was where he didn't know what "Gates" was referring to..."is that hades environment? Spokesperson maybe hasn't been playing GoO much?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

Lmao my favorite part of kiddie's video was where he didn't know what "Gates" was referring to..."is that hades environment? Spokesperson maybe hasn't been playing GoO much?
                      Haha no Kidding right! Wouldnt have been my first pick either lol.

But overall very much excited about the new update. They went the direction i was hoping with centaurs.

Was a bit sad about Poseidon getting his ranged nerfed again. And I had just been thinking about putting some points into water blast again lol. Surprised to see Paris take another nerf too, jesus guys. I…think he’s had enough lol. I was never really his biggest fan but good lord lol.

Atlanta given needed buff, praise the gods

But anyways looks fantastic in general, going to be verredy excited to play with all the improved environments. Cutting the range on hecate is reasonable. It doesnt need to hit hard and have the highest range, I suppose. Now all we need is a statue for those poor poor ballistas. Would be interesting to see a mold breaking with maybe or firing speed boost or explosive bolts WOOooOoO *wink*wink* CASTIEL *nudge*nudge*

Comment

Bonjour, je suis LESTORM niveau 120 souterain, ma base hecate est copier par environ une douzaines des meilleurs joueur comme Chris, kitten,..... Sa ma finalement fait plaisir de voir la communauté se référer à mes créations..... Donc hésite pas je vais faire les testent de persephone et megere après la mise à jour.....

Comment

We need more nerfs

Comment

We need more nerfs
                            We don't we don't the nerfs just ruin the game what do you even know about the game like fr I can't play since stuff got nerfed !!

Comment

We need more nerfs
                              Yes. Apolo and hera for sure. If they nerf heros, which is unexpected, they need to nerf gods too. Now my base gets beaten by even lesser level people which is far too irritating.

Comment

Working...
                              X