Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So some people want heroes nerfed but hardly talks about Alecto/Hecate environment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So some people want heroes nerfed but hardly talks about Alecto/Hecate environment?

At least with heroes, you can easily neutralize them with range (if they're melee) or take advantage of their squishiness (if they're range). The Alecto/Hecate environment is just ridiculous. Just build all of the same specified tower and you're good. They're all tanky, deals big damage and has high range. No weakness. I mean if you'll make two of them stupidly broken, at least make all environments including Olympus stupidly broken or nerf those 2.

Also, why are some people complaining about monuments on Underworld? Olympus only have two types of units. Where's the tanky ones like the zombies?
    Last edited by Miguel243; March 19, 2022, 05:55 PM.

Wow, so much wrong in one post. Impressive.

1. Perseus gets in close, kills many gods fairly quickly... Depending on what houses boost him and level difference between attack and defense (level=resources)
    2. Theseus (pre-nerf) killed many gods fairly quickly and he was ranged.

Again, i am not particularly "pro-nerf", BUT, people did seem to play more and have more enjoyment with the Theseus nerf.

3: Alecto Environment weakness: hoplites. People love to drop archers. Use hoplites. They get in close and distract fire towers so your gods can mop them up. Yes, it can be slow and tedious, but it more often than not works.

4: Hecate Environment weakness: same tactic. Skellies are fine, but die quickly. Hoplites soak more damage. Stop dropping archers. For both Alecto and Hecate environments, stop sacrificing Aphrodite also. There are no protections in UW from Charm Buildings. Since buildings do not heal, Zeus' Chain Lightning works well over time. Again, don't sacrifice him.

5: # of troops in Olympus: ... THERE'S MORE THAN 2! Hoplites, Archers, Spartans as a baseline. There is quite a few different ones due to MONUMENTS. UW has 3 and shades are useless. They spawn god-only-knows-where and move incredibly slow. The one advantage they have is that they are cheaper to build. Not a good balance in my opinion.

Now, I will agree that OL needs a higher health, lower attack troop from some form of baracks. But dude, get ya facts right.
    Last edited by Unspeakable1; March 19, 2022, 08:17 PM.
    Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

Another note on developing Alecto and Hecate bases as it relates to their weaknesses:

Unless you are an ungodly high level and have loads and loads of resources at your command, you really wont be able to build so many of a specific tower as to make your base unbeatable. Average players have to choose between more, weaker towers of a kind OR fewer stronger ones. I swap between my Alecto and Hecate maps when I grow bored seeing either wiped out by the same strategy. I'm sure they both lose more often than win in defense. The other environments are fairly useless though and need a boost. I wouldn't necessarily agree the two need a nerf just yet but I'm only level 98 UW and haven't faced the likes of Kane.

Comment

Hecate environment needs a nerf. I'm sure there's a case for alecto nerf as well - i wouldnt know bc the only ones I ever atk are hecate maps. There may be a solution that isn't nerfing, but last time I tried to be anti nerf, we got 3 heroes. So, nerf away.

The whole issue with UW matchup feedback though is that higher level players never matchup with UW bc there are no UW maps with high enough defense trophies to match up against them. On the off chance they do matchup with an UW, it's bc they dropped trophies. At that point though the gods are so over buffed compared to the map that it doesn't matter.

Put a lvl 170 hecate dev base out there for them to matchup against around 5k def trophies. Otherwise the only feedback you'll get from them is if/when they decide to play on throwaway accounts.

Comment

Honestly, I would like to see a develop UW base of each environment, all tiles unlocked, with every square filled. Let's see how they rank at high end. Right now, it remains speculative (educated guess, but speculative nonetheless).

My reasoning for not being pro-nerf on this YET is that UW has those two significant drawbacks compared to OL. Lack of healing, lack of protection against Charm. Hell, you could even throw in the lack of reanimate, meaning that it has ONE strength per map. Villains are a joke. Portals are a joke. You can't buy enough gardens to overuse them. Same goes for towers. I'd be all for a nerf if there were some other way to make priority targets. Right now, there arent.

Comment

All the environment in the underworld need some balancing change in my opinion. Hecate and Alecto environment is much stronger than most other environments like Megaera or Charon environment for example

Comment

But is that because the environment is OP or the building itself is likely OP? Meg, Tis, Alecto, Hecate all provide the same percentage boosts, but only two make people quiver.

Maybe we should look at the building being boosted instead of the environment boost itself.

Comment

The environment should provide less boost to the buildings in Hecate and Alecto environment

Comment

Real critical thinking there. Solves everything. What trait or traits boosted, makes it such a terror? Fix that, you've fixed the problem. You'll actually BALANCE things. Otherwise, the general "less environment boost" will not solve anything, rather open this debate back to cyclical BS that we often get into. Something is strong, gets nerfed. Some happy, some lose interest. Devs perplexed on how to fix it to please players. New content introduced to provide new interest. Cycle repeats.

But yes, provide overly simplistic fixes that require no thought. Mind you, we are still two gods short of the OL deck and don't know how either of the two will change the game. Furthermore, UW lacks houses, lacks a vast array of troops to defend against various strategies, lacks basic defenses that OL has. Again, each base has one major strength instead of multiple. But lets just reduce it. That solves everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
                    Wow, so much wrong in one post. Impressive.

1. Perseus gets in close, kills many gods fairly quickly... Depending on what houses boost him and level difference between attack and defense (level=resources)
                    2. Theseus (pre-nerf) killed many gods fairly quickly and he was ranged.

Again, i am not particularly "pro-nerf", BUT, people did seem to play more and have more enjoyment with the Theseus nerf.

3: Alecto Environment weakness: hoplites. People love to drop archers. Use hoplites. They get in close and distract fire towers so your gods can mop them up. Yes, it can be slow and tedious, but it more often than not works.

4: Hecate Environment weakness: same tactic. Skellies are fine, but die quickly. Hoplites soak more damage. Stop dropping archers. For both Alecto and Hecate environments, stop sacrificing Aphrodite also. There are no protections in UW from Charm Buildings. Since buildings do not heal, Zeus' Chain Lightning works well over time. Again, don't sacrifice him.

5: # of troops in Olympus: ... THERE'S MORE THAN 2! Hoplites, Archers, Spartans as a baseline. There is quite a few different ones due to MONUMENTS. UW has 3 and shades are useless. They spawn god-only-knows-where and move incredibly slow. The one advantage they have is that they are cheaper to build. Not a good balance in my opinion.

Now, I will agree that OL needs a higher health, lower attack troop from some form of baracks. But dude, get ya facts right.
                    I love a challenge but this is wrong. If you're quick to spot them, you can gun them down before they get to you. Theseus is nerfed now, what's the discussion? With Perseus, I can just slowtime or even not slowtime then have some range fellow gun him down before he gets near. If he does get near just run a few steps and shoot then run again. Other gods stay away from him. Common sense strategy. With the bases, no. There are so many factors. You'd have to wait for these cannon fodders to go near. Not to mention enemy troops blocking the way. I used it and I have to have Apollo, Artemis and Hades/Athena to barely use it.
                    For the heroes, like you said on your environment comparison, if you use resources on one side, the other will be weaker. So what's the difference?
                    Personally, Im ok with not nerf. Just make it so if you destroy Alecto/Hecate temple, they lose a significant portion of their power.

Comment

Also, no. Shades are tanky. They provide good bulk for your skeletons if you position them properly.

Comment

Oh anr I like to add.. Medusa tower can easily destroy your cannon fodders strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaFoot View Post

I love a challenge but this is wrong. If you're quick to spot them, you can gun them down before they get to you. Theseus is nerfed now, what's the discussion? With Perseus, I can just slowtime or even not slowtime then have some range fellow gun him down before he gets near. If he does get near just run a few steps and shoot then run again. Other gods stay away from him. Common sense strategy.
                          When you have unlocked all the gods, let's revisit this opinion. I'd even say use any other Patron besides Arty, Apollo, Posy, and Hera and see if that opinion holds. But truthfully, I don't really care if YOU in particular do or don't. From what goes on in these forums, many seem to be having a time against Perseus. I imagine the outcome will be the same once he's nerfed.

With the bases, no. There are so many factors. You'd have to wait for these cannon fodders to go near. Not to mention enemy troops blocking the way. I used it and I have to have Apollo, Artemis and Hades/Athena to barely use it.
                          For the heroes, like you said on your environment comparison, if you use resources on one side, the other will be weaker. So what's the difference?
                          Personally, Im ok with not nerf. Just make it so if you destroy Alecto/Hecate temple, they lose a significant portion of their power.
                          Oh no, i would have to wait... What was I thinking?! A map requires me to change my usual strategy... Not that!!! According to other posts, you've yet to unlock the full gamut of gods yet. You talk like you've been around the block, you haven't. You can't even pretend with other strategies since you lack all the players.

And what point are you trying to make with heroes here? Cohesion is something great to practice when writing. Try it next time.

I'm pretty sure they already lose a significant bump of power when their temple is destroyed. Seriously, are you even trying to contribute to meaningful discourse or just rushing in to poorly defend your bosom buddy from getting owned in a debate?

Comment

Also, no. Shades are tanky. They provide good bulk for your skeletons if you position them properly.
                            I don't care how tanky a shade is when he spawns far away from the building that made it, in a seemingly random location, and it takes him 5 years to cross the map. Positioning doesn't matter. You might have made that argument with portals though.

Comment

Oh anr I like to add.. Medusa tower can easily destroy your cannon fodders strategy.
                              In fact, it doesn't. Your troops don't just all of a sudden disappear when medusas spray them. They still linger for a bit and still provide distraction for your gods. I'm not saying that these bases are not tough, I'm saying they don't require a nerf just yet. Unless, generally speaking, defensive cups are vastly higher than offensive, these two bases are not as unbeatable as folks suggest them to be.

You are really the worst kind of child and i frown at myself for having engaged with you on this. Put down the phone and go to bed. It's past your bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                              X