Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Hermes needs a buff

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Hermes needs a buff

    Currently Hermes is just a Haste slave for me. His ult is only useful in very rare situation. I think he needs a buff in a sense his ult should extend to all parts of the map regardless of level. Or once ult has been cast, the first god dropped again (or last) can recast their ult. Or a simple cooldown reset is fine.
    his first skill, they can add a minor speed boost once he finishes casting it. Like after he uses his ult, his speed goes up for up to 10 seconds. They can keep the low dland random damage. This makes him more unique and make people to actually think of either the first skill or haste. Currently haste is a no brainer.

  • #2
    I also find his 1st ability a little lackluster, and agree that some kind of boost would make it more of an appealing option.

    Totally disagree with regards to regroup ability though. It is one of the most useful ultimates in the game - basically a necessity whether you slow push or mono. If you rarely use it, I would recommend you watch how others use him.

    Comment


    • #3
      His first skill need a buff and a bit on his health wouldn't hurt either. His haste and regroup are insanely op tho so it dont need much boost

      Comment


      • #4
        Agreed with rocko and seaweed. The ultimate Is good as it is right now. If it should be buffed for some reason maybe restoring a bit the health of the gods would be good. As for the first ability I think it should be changed entirely. No matter how much they buff dash, the second ability will always be better and more useful, especially for high levels. (my opinion)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mike5 View Post
          Agreed with rocko and seaweed. The ultimate Is good as it is right now. If it should be buffed for some reason maybe restoring a bit the health of the gods would be good. As for the first ability I think it should be changed entirely. No matter how much they buff dash, the second ability will always be better and more useful, especially for high levels. (my opinion)
          Hermes 1st skill need a serious buff or be changed entirely. It only ever useful if there is one temple with low hp left and there some strong troops surrounding it and hermes is your last god

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Seaweed View Post

            Hermes 1st skill need a serious buff or be changed entirely. It only ever useful if there is one temple with low hp left and there some strong troops surrounding it and hermes is your last god
            Yeah, agreed

            Comment


            • #7
              Honestly, adding a small stun effect would be enough to boost it without adding more damage. Could even make heroes susceptible to said stun effect for greater utility.
              Vi veri universum vivus vici

              Comment


              • #8
                Also, Hermes houses really need the buff. Their boost is much less than Zeus, Aphrodite, and Artemis houses (I compare Artemis houses since range and speed ultimately function similarly). They should, at least, boost equal to Zeus.
                Vi veri universum vivus vici

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
                  Also, Hermes houses really need the buff. Their boost is much less than Zeus, Aphrodite, and Artemis houses (I compare Artemis houses since range and speed ultimately function similarly). They should, at least, boost equal to Zeus.
                  For real tho. Hermes house is probably one of the least use house along with Hera and more base have hardly if any of Hermes house

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok maybe I just need to learn how to use Hermes ult.
                    For his first skill, I think a good way to boost it and to stay thematic with him is everytime he cast it, is speed is boosted by 15 seconds. This would give him a good hit and run strategy if he's the last god left. Makes him unique too. Artemis's range is better but his escape strategy is better since he can outrun troops.
                    For his houses, instead of a health boost it should be attack speed and it should boost buildings too (the attack speed).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Two powers that boost speed? Not a good idea. Stun makes sense since something moving THAT fast would likely stall things a bit. Or, ya know, the devs could just do what they do and just boost more damage.

                      I'll also disagree with the attack speed boost for a house. Surround a building with 12 houses. How fast would the troop attack? If even one house boosts a max of 10%, that troop now attacks 120% faster. Sounds great until you create an unstoppable Perseus or Tritons that deliver the damage listed every .1 second. With towers getting a roughly 80% boost to attack speed means gorgons are flinging their crap all over WAY too often. Monuments like Zeus, Apollo, and/or Artemis with a 120% attack rate boost would be shredding things beyond what most players would enjoy when attacking. A temple that gives attack speed boost would be great since the bonus would be nice without being overwhelming.
                      Vi veri universum vivus vici

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hell, even creating short-lasting whirlwinds or something as he dashes would be a sensible boost. The number of cyclones could be predetermined and increase as the power is upgraded.
                        Vi veri universum vivus vici

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Unspeakable1 View Post
                          Hell, even creating short-lasting whirlwinds or something as he dashes would be a sensible boost. The number of cyclones could be predetermined and increase as the power is upgraded.
                          The cyclones can suck units while its active. Like how a real cyclones are, it will pull you towards it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            honestly there is a lot of buffs needed when it comes to balancing like dash, sun strike, or weak patrons to name a few, but the devs aren't doing anything about it 🤔

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, to be fair they just upgraded sunstrike and basically every patron by +50% in the 4.3 update.

                              they just also went hero-crazy in the same update which, in my opinion, just undermined the whole purpose of boosting other patrons. Too much emphasis on heroes, that you basically have to use apollo or hera, or choose to play mono and avoid altogether.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X