Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting so sick of kids that leave FU messages when you're attacking their base.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leo
    replied
    [QUOTE=War Hammer;n50964][TABLE]

[TR]
    [TD]FU[/TD]
    [TD]Forever Unchained[/TD]
    [/TR]

I like it.. this oughta be our next solo alliance

Leave a comment:

• Seaweed
    replied
    Dam thats is an abbreviation for a lot

Leave a comment:

• War Hammer
    replied
    FU Forget You (polite form)
    FU Follow-Up
    FU Fuse
    FU Smoke (aviation meteorology)
    FU Freie Universität (Berlin, Germany)
    FU Fluorouracil
    FU Florida University
    FU File Upload
    FU Future Use
    FU Fordham University
    FU Felician University (Franciscan University of New Jersey)
    FU Functional Unit
    FU First Union (US east coast bank)
    FU Furman University (Greenville, SC)
    FU Fairfield University
    FU Fisk University
    FU Foul Up (polite form)
    FU Freaks United
    FU Follicular Unit
    FU Franklin University (Columbus, Ohio)
    FU Forretningsudvalg (Danish)
    FU Felix Unger (The Odd Couple)
    FU Fine Used (philately)
    FU Friends University (Kansas)
    FU Finlandia University
    FU Field Unit (US DoD)
    FU Fire Unit
    FU Fatih University (Istanbul, Turkey)
    FU Forever United
    FU Fire & Update
    FU Flight Unit
    FU Flasher Unit
    FU Formula Unit (chemistry)
    FU Fixture Unit (plumbing)
    FU Functional User
    FU Firing Unit
    FU Freaking Ugly (polite form)
    FU Forward User
    FU Fun University (That 70's Show)
    FU Forensic Unit
    FU Freidman Unit (political slang/meme for six months)
    FU Fuerza Unida (Spanish: Thread of Justice; San Antonio, TX)
    FU Forever Unchained
    FU Fiscal Unit
    FU Flamingoz Unlimited (website)
    FU Feati Universtiy
    FU Farmacias Unidas (Guatemala)

Enough said. Close this thread.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• chacham
    replied
    Originally posted by azura View Post
    Besides it should be assumed innocent of being accused of them meaning it unless absolutely certain they are guilty
    The presumption of innocence means that, in most cases, the accused is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Kupo's comment is saying there is no reasonable doubt here since everyone knows what it means. Personally, i agree with that sentiment.

Leave a comment:

• azura
    replied
    Originally posted by Kupo View Post

Cool story bro.

In any video game, social media platform, or message system in English across the entire world. FU means exactly what's intended. Nobody needs to go to your base and guess what your intentions are for it because you'd be incredibly thick to not understand something universal. You're here to battle and using stuff like this to be underhanded (no different than tbagging in an fps). If someone's name can be related to FU then and only there would it be understandable to a degree, but they're still probably doing it just for that reason.

You should be able report someone, they should have enough warnings on that account too. Or is that not why there are so many offensive names in the game too? Stop giving excuses to be a kiddie about it.
    Oh and you know this how? Besides it should be assumed innocent of being accused of them meaning it unless absolutely certain they are guilty

Leave a comment:

• Rocko
    replied
    Originally posted by Kupo View Post

Thank you!

Is there anywhere we can report players for their bases, or their names?

I'm guessing android would be to report them to GooglePlay?
    Go to help tab on the left, scroll to the bottom where it says "still have questions" and it'll prompt you to email tech support, or whatever their official name is idk. Take a screenshot of whatever it is you're reporting and include it as an attachment.

end of thread. 😉

Leave a comment:

• Kupo
    replied
    Originally posted by leroy View Post

Yes. If there is something obviously terribly wrong with a city, the player doesn't or won't respond to our message to change it himself (or explain why it isn't actually offensive), then we might change the city ourself in some way to eliminate the problem. Frankly, this is super rare to happen.

leroy
    Thank you!

Is there anywhere we can report players for their bases, or their names?

I'm guessing android would be to report them to GooglePlay?

Leave a comment:

• Kupo
    replied

Seriously quit being a Karen it's reduculous how much people complain about things that may not even mean what you think it means

---
    Okay seriously this is reduculous sounds to me that you have absolutely zero real world experience cause guess what if you did you would know that any public job has people who will cuss and in order to do your job you must help them seriously get over urself the picture looks fine and even if it does mean fun it's there city not yours so who are you to judge?

---
    So let me get this straight you guys encourage everyone to make there city unique but then if you guys determine that the city is "offensive" in some way you guys might change the city urself?

Azura
    Cool story bro.

In any video game, social media platform, or message system in English across the entire world. FU means exactly what's intended. Nobody needs to go to your base and guess what your intentions are for it because you'd be incredibly thick to not understand something universal. You're here to battle and using stuff like this to be underhanded (no different than tbagging in an fps). If someone's name can be related to FU then and only there would it be understandable to a degree, but they're still probably doing it just for that reason.

You should be able report someone, they should have enough warnings on that account too. Or is that not why there are so many offensive names in the game too? Stop giving excuses to be a kiddie about it.

Leave a comment:

• Seaweed
    replied

Yes. If there is something obviously terribly wrong with a city, the player doesn't or won't respond to our message to change it himself (or explain why it isn't actually offensive), then we might change the city ourself in some way to eliminate the problem. Frankly, this is super rare to happen.

leroy
    But the player should receive a much severe warning if they repeat the offense multiple time after message.

Leave a comment:

• leroy
    replied

So let me get this straight you guys encourage everyone to make there city unique but then if you guys determine that the city is "offensive" in some way you guys might change the city urself?

leroy

Leave a comment:

• Seaweed
    replied

I think they just remove the offensive thing from the city

Leave a comment:

• azura
    replied

This is basically the approach we take. We send the player a friendly message in-game to change the base. They are of course able to respond by email and defend themselves if they think there is nothing wrong. If they do not make changes (or do not respond), we take progressively stronger actions based upon the situation and/or if they have been problem players in the past. Especially for non-active players we might just change the base ourselves.

leroy

Leave a comment:

• azura
    replied
    Originally posted by chacham View Post

That's an excellent point. Nonetheless, i believe we can classify cuss words into categories and find the ones that are agreed upon to be insults, or perhaps, ones that add no benefit other than to be offensive. The OP's example, i think, clearly fits this classification.

I'm not into policing. If i see what i don't like, i just walk away. So, for example, when a player has an offensive name, i just do not speak to them or fight them (i'll cancel a battle over it). One guy in my alliance has a crude name. He's a nice guy, but i refuse to support any of his battles. This is a personal choice, and not one meant to control anyone else. My comment here, is the OP has a point. I feel pretty strongly that there is nothing to argue about: the acronym is clearly meant to be offensive, and so on.

A solution, if one is needed, would be to have an nsfw checkbox for your base and people can choose if they want to include those. Seems to work for reddit.
    Okay seriously this is reduculous sounds to me that you have absolutely zero real world experience cause guess what if you did you would know that any public job has people who will cuss and in order to do your job you must help them seriously get over urself the picture looks fine and even if it does mean fun it's there city not yours so who are you to judge?

Leave a comment:

• chacham
    replied
    This is basically the approach we take. We send the player a friendly message in-game to change the base. They are of course able to respond by email and defend themselves if they think there is nothing wrong. If they do not make changes (or do not respond), we take progressively stronger actions based upon the situation and/or if they have been problem players in the past. Especially for non-active players we might just change the base ourselves.leroy
    Nice.

"Should" we be reporting them somehow?

Leave a comment:

• DillyDilly
    replied
    Originally posted by chacham View Post

While that is a true statement, it could be better said that there are hundreds of thousands of words, perhaps over a million. Though the average person knows about 40,000 and uses only 20,000 of them.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/help...-english-words
    https://englishlive.ef.com/blog/lang...lish-language/
    https://www.dictionary.com/e/how-many-words-in-english/
    Thanks for proving my point! Are you related to Spock? 🤣
    JFYI…not many people know more 20,000 words. You’d be surprised…🤡

Leave a comment:

Working...
X