Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting so sick of kids that leave FU messages when you're attacking their base.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting so sick of kids that leave FU messages when you're attacking their base.

It's become so much more common for me coming across these past level 90. Is there any way to report idiots that leave messages like this? It should be against the rules and they deserve a ban.

I think you would have to present a very good argument if reporting the person. FU could mean Fury Unleashed or have other meanings. Unless the player gave an admission that the meaning is F*ck You, then I’d say you have nothing.

Chris

Comment

Chris got a good point

Comment

Originally posted by War Hammer View Post
        I think you would have to present a very good argument if reporting the person. FU could mean Fury Unleashed or have other meanings. Unless the player gave an admission that the meaning is F*ck You, then I’d say you have nothing.

Chris
        So you're saying people in a clan that isn't even in the top 100 that people wouldn't know, wouldn't just simply have Fury as their sig, and not using half a brain that it would be taken the other way by practically every other person?

Stop brushing brushing people off with such a bunch of laughable drivel.

Comment

Lol. So with the only evidence being F.U. on a city and you want them banned? You lack elements of the player committing an offense. Maybe you need to grow up.

Chris

Comment

F.U. is likely an acronym for something or else they could just spell the entire thing.

Comment

Originally posted by War Hammer View Post
              Lol. So with the only evidence being F.U. on a city and you want them banned? You lack elements of the player committing an offense. Maybe you need to grow up.

Chris
              Or you could apply the tiniest bit of common sense to how nearly every person on the planet would take it? Or is that not a reason practically every social or gaming platform automatically detects these words and bans them?

Maybe you need to apply simplistic logic and stop being one of those who probably leaves messages like this already. What? You think people leave FU more for some clan that you can't see? Get priorities right too kid.

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
              F.U. is likely an acronym for something or else they could just spell the entire thing.
              Spell the entire thing no problem. But FU is clear as day which way it would be taken and is the problem. It's the most likely thing people would write to put off attackers. No different from tbagging in FPS.

Comment

I’m not offended by profanity or what I call “potty mouth”. I realize that anyone that speaks that way is either young or uneducated. There are over 60,000 words in the English language. If you don’t know anything more than profanity, you’re obviously not very intelligent. I use this information to my advantage. It’s easy to outsmart stupid people…it’s actually fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Kupo View Post
                  It's become so much more common for me coming across these past level 90. Is there any way to report idiots that leave messages like this? It should be against the rules and they deserve a ban.
                  Seriously quit being a Karen it's reduculous how much people complain about things that may not even mean what you think it means
                  Azura
                  Azura

Comment

Originally posted by DillyDilly View Post
                    IThere are over 60,000 words in the English language.
                    While that is a true statement, it could be better said that there are hundreds of thousands of words, perhaps over a million. Though the average person knows about 40,000 and uses only 20,000 of them.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/help...-english-words
                    https://englishlive.ef.com/blog/lang...lish-language/
                    https://www.dictionary.com/e/how-many-words-in-english/
                    There is no exact count of the number of words in English, and one reason is certainly because languages are ever expanding; in addition... Find out more >

Comment

Fwiw, i agree with Kupo's first post. As for the idea that it could mean something else, that is irrelevant. Either it is profanity or it is not, regardless of intention.

That being said, whether the game should police such things is another question. Personally, i very much dislike crude usernames as well.

Comment

Perhaps the player can have a warning to take it down instead of a ban unless there is direct evidence that it stands for cuss words

Comment

The issue here is that I dint believe the “offending” player is under any obligation to bother to police every feature of their cities to ensure that it doesnt offend anyone.

Also this is an issue without end. Perhaps someone finds FU offensive, but this is an international game. Literally any acronym could be potentially offensive to someone, somewhere, in some language. Curse words exist for practically every letter of the alphabet, start banning combinations of them and you’ll literally never be able to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Uncle Oceanus View Post
                            The issue here is that I dint believe the “offending” player is under any obligation to bother to police every feature of their cities to ensure that it doesnt offend anyone.

Also this is an issue without end. Perhaps someone finds FU offensive, but this is an international game. Literally any acronym could be potentially offensive to someone, somewhere, in some language. Curse words exist for practically every letter of the alphabet, start banning combinations of them and you’ll literally never be able to stop.
                            That's an excellent point. Nonetheless, i believe we can classify cuss words into categories and find the ones that are agreed upon to be insults, or perhaps, ones that add no benefit other than to be offensive. The OP's example, i think, clearly fits this classification.

I'm not into policing. If i see what i don't like, i just walk away. So, for example, when a player has an offensive name, i just do not speak to them or fight them (i'll cancel a battle over it). One guy in my alliance has a crude name. He's a nice guy, but i refuse to support any of his battles. This is a personal choice, and not one meant to control anyone else. My comment here, is the OP has a point. I feel pretty strongly that there is nothing to argue about: the acronym is clearly meant to be offensive, and so on.

A solution, if one is needed, would be to have an nsfw checkbox for your base and people can choose if they want to include those. Seems to work for reddit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kupo View Post
                              Lol, your rant makes me want to put it in my base too

Comment

Working...
                              X