Overpowered Heroes, and Update comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trojan View Post
    I wish we could sell heroes and buy some other hero since I bought Atalanta and realized she's quite weak. Theseus is obviously overpowered so everyone has him
    Yes. I already stopped using her because I couldn't figure out her impact again gods. She needs major buff in attack too not just health.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

Mono completely side steps billions of invested stone and this update entirely...its no surprise you're satisfied right now if you play mono.
      Try apolo patron and you will agree to me. Its crazy patron against heros, buildings, troops whatever available in defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorr View Post

Try apolo patron and you will agree to me. Its crazy patron against heros, buildings, troops whatever available in defence.
        Apollo is great for clearing heroes, but doesnt have the clearing effect to houses, towers, troops that arty provides and that I've grown accustomed to. those are just good examples of balance, really. Can have 'this' or 'that'. I don't have any issues there.

the update is extremely mono friendly. Paris is still the only nuisance for mono and he was nerfed (though this was necessary, he was a pain for slow push too). if you play mono, your strategy literally doesn't have to change at all, you just get the benefit of a few hundred additional defense cups....so of course, if you play mono, you'd love the update.

My complaint for mono is that like I said, it makes your investments into defense kind of pointless; it makes assisting atk or def somewhat pointless -> which ultimately diminishes the whole point of alliances and the social aspect of the game (which for many is the only reason they still play, so it shouldn't be ignored); and it has the added benefit of taking 2/3 less time than slow push. time equals money, and in this game that equates to gold/stone.

you're right, mono is by far the more "efficient" means of playing at a certain point. It takes less time, isn't reliant at all on help, and arguably provides the best chance at higher cups for those driven by cups. The only thing slow push has going for it, is that assistance helps a lot (on the flip side, defenders have an impact as well), and push isn't as unforgiving...meaning you can make 1 or 2 small mistakes and still recover.. But the fact that it's so lopsided isn't balance....it's just convenience for those that preferred that style to begin with.

also, you could have dropped cups at any time to stop getting lvl 150 matchups. I preferred it that way. it was challenging...but i could give myself a break by dropping any time I wanted. pre-update, I would get more gold/stone in a loss than I currently do in a victory. and if I want a break now, I'd have to drop so low that it isn't even worth spending the gems to grind.

Comment

Or we could maybe reduce HP for heroes?? Cuz when you think about it, the only thing that makes a difference between Mono and Slow Push regarding the heroes is their health. Cuz there are few abilities that go against Mono as well, like Paris' stun or Theseus' encourage. At least in the first push. But the difference is that Slow Push has to face the heroes in the second push while Mono doesn't need to worry about HP of the heroes. So nerfing abilities or other parts of heroes would just help both styles, not decrease the gap between Mono and Slow Push. Plus in my personal opinion, if heroes are more based upon abilities rather than HP, they would have more meaning as heroes. What I mean by that is that heroes should be valued for their unique abilities, not for their physical strength. Cuz most of the complaints about the heroes are based on the fact that heroes are acting more like super buffed solider instead of unique hero. But also we must be careful that it is not to the point where players can just get rid of them like a fly in the first push and have nothing to counter them on the second push. So I think it’s all about adjusting those HP to the golden number. This is the way at least I see it :P

Comment

Originally posted by JKs View Post
            Or we could maybe reduce HP for heroes?? Cuz when you think about it, the only thing that makes a difference between Mono and Slow Push regarding the heroes is their health. Cuz there are few abilities that go against Mono as well, like Paris' stun or Theseus' encourage. At least in the first push. But the difference is that Slow Push has to face the heroes in the second push while Mono doesn't need to worry about HP of the heroes. So nerfing abilities or other parts of heroes would just help both styles, not decrease the gap between Mono and Slow Push. Plus in my personal opinion, if heroes are more based upon abilities rather than HP, they would have more meaning as heroes. What I mean by that is that heroes should be valued for their unique abilities, not for their physical strength. Cuz most of the complaints about the heroes are based on the fact that heroes are acting more like super buffed solider instead of unique hero. But also we must be careful that it is not to the point where players can just get rid of them like a fly in the first push and have nothing to counter them on the second push. So I think it’s all about adjusting those HP to the golden number. This is the way at least I see it :P
            Then all must be ready not to complain about arte patron or immortal hera, also don't forget about newest beast apolo patron. We will be back to square one.

I still say get a strong hero that counters a slow time plus no nerds, some boosts in paris and atlanta. I think then the game will achieve complete balance. Probably most will have slightly more offence cups than defence.

No more offence boosts please... game is already at highest offence attack level..

Comment

Agreed, heroes can still serve their intended purpose in balance without being overly dominating. Reducing their HP to the 'sweet spot' will be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorr View Post

Then all must be ready not to complain about arte patron or immortal hera, also don't forget about newest beast apolo patron. We will be back to square one.

I still say get a strong hero that counters a slow time plus no nerds, some boosts in paris and atlanta. I think then the game will achieve complete balance. Probably most will have slightly more offence cups than defence.

No more offence boosts please... game is already at highest offence attack level..
                Or we could simply get rid of Health and Strength boost options in Patron God. Just have Patron God boost its skills, that would solve a lot problems :P Disable Mono players to use strongly boosted Poseidon while keeping overly used Artemis under control as well. Personally, I think this makes more sense in my opinion, for Patron God to have option only to boost its skills and not health or strength. Much more straightforward and easy to balance between Patrons I think. This will introduce little bit of mess at the beginning but I feel like this could bring much easier path down the road compared to where we are heading now xD Just an idea. We could adjust differently for how skills are boosted for each god (like give Apollo strength boost for skill 1 etc) and try to balance things from there I guess.

Comment

Also because some Patrons benefit from having Health & Strength boost while others don’t, creating differences. Like Poseidon or Artemis, their strength boost combine with their skills boost and create double effect. But Hades, for example. Give him strength or health boost, he’s always gonna be Hades xD But slightly stronger I guess. Idk, it’s just unfair, that some gods benefit twice while others don’t. Maybe focusing Patron points only on skills might bring whole new dimensions of gameplay :P

Comment

Or we could simply get rid of Health and Strength boost options in Patron God. Just have Patron God boost its skills, that would solve a lot problems :P Disable Mono players to use strongly boosted Poseidon while keeping overly used Artemis under control as well. Personally, I think this makes more sense in my opinion, for Patron God to have option only to boost its skills and not health or strength. Much more straightforward and easy to balance between Patrons I think. This will introduce little bit of mess at the beginning but I feel like this could bring much easier path down the road compared to where we are heading now xD Just an idea. We could adjust differently for how skills are boosted for each god (like give Apollo strength boost for skill 1 etc) and try to balance things from there I guess.
                    You can already do that, no mess at all. just slide your patron str/health bar all the way to the left and have fun.

They just gave the game a huge defense boost. I don't see how nerfing the whole patron concept at this point helps anything with regards to heroes.

Comment

I wasn’t suggesting this for my gameplay. People suggested that Mono is way too easily done compared to Slow Push so I was suggesting this so it influences the whole Mono & Slow Push problem we facing now. Like I said above, we could maybe nerf heroes’ health. But as Thorr said, that would probably cause over powered certain Patrons. And he was afraid situation would be back to zero. So my recent comments above was for the reply to his comment. Decrease heroes’ healths but in exchange we could also think about Patron points adjustments or restrictions, which would not only ensure we don't go back to ground zero, but also ensure even more balance (that would possibly come to certain extent with heroes' nerf) between different styles. Something that we could maybe think about idk. It’s an idea :P

Comment

Also hero price should be lower down too.

Comment

I wasn’t suggesting this for my gameplay. People suggested that Mono is way too easily done compared to Slow Push so I was suggesting this so it influences the whole Mono & Slow Push problem we facing now. Like I said above, we could maybe nerf heroes’ health. But as Thorr said, that would probably cause over powered certain Patrons. And he was afraid situation would be back to zero. So my recent comments above was for the reply to his comment. Decrease heroes’ healths but in exchange we could also think about Patron points adjustments or restrictions, which would not only ensure we don't go back to ground zero, but also ensure even more balance (that would possibly come to certain extent with heroes' nerf) between different styles. Something that we could maybe think about idk. It’s an idea :P
                          I understood what you were suggesting. I just respectfully disagree. Introducing a huge defense boost and then following it with a huge offensive nerf sounds like the most frustrating sequence of updates possible. if you think patrons with no str/health boosts are the answer to your version of balance, then feel free to play that way. the game already accommodates that.

We wouldn't be "back to ground zero" by reducing heroes health because there are more heroes on the map now than there ever has been, with the exception of one dev base. Multiple heroes has never been in the equation, so I'm not sure how there is any baseline to compare anything to.

Comment

Yeah exactly, that was the initial reason why I suggested heroes’ health nerf cuz I don’t think it’s gonna go back to ground zero. But if there are people who disagree with me, like Thorr (which is completely fine obviously), then I suggested second proposal to ensure that we don’t go back to ground zero.

Plus I thought it was also not a bad idea in general :P Hopefully devs will see and see(?) if any of the ideas is worth keeping or not

Comment

Originally posted by Trojan View Post
                              I wish we could sell heroes and buy some other hero since I bought Atalanta and realized she's quite weak. Theseus is obviously overpowered so everyone has him
                              It would be nice if we could try heroes in advance like 3days or so. Ambrosia is hard to get, so once we get one hero, it takes forever to have another one unless we spend gems.

Comment

I think there should be like a rank in the game like clash of clan league system so that player can earn more bonus resources and also discourage people from trophy dropping to much.

Comment

Working...
                                X