That’s me gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s me gone.

I have played this game for a few years but I am now down to visiting once a week to see what currency the Event is using. My daily challenges are mostly Underworld bases which I find boring. Until recently you could ignore the update and continue playing Olympus quite happily. Now the Dev’s make that impossible wanting all comers to “enjoy” their update. So I am out and am kissing my investment goodbye. I wish those of you who enjoy the new game the best of luck but for me it is over.

That is too bad to hear. I think, minus the daily challenges sometimes being UW themed, you can pretty much ignore UW if you like. Weekly challenges allow you to choose the resources, unless you are having some sort of game issue.

There really is no forcing function to play UW if it isn't your jam - which is the way it should be.

Good luck though,, whichever way you land.

Comment

I had to stop playing for a year+. Been there. Likely will return sometime soon. Lots of potential being tossed to the wayside. Who knows, maybe in another year it will improve?
      Vi veri universum vivus vici

Comment

Understandable tbh. Wish they made alliance war

Comment

I personally don't see any major issues with the game, minor tweaks sure but the game isn't "broken"...ppl have been saying that for years and here we are.

Players built some unwarranted hype around/just before the UW update and I never understood why - led to so many being so under impressed. Taking a break is fine, but the logic of the original post doesn't add up to me - the UW aspect doesn't effect you as a player at all if you don't want it to. And, can be a whole additional aspect of the game if it's your thing.

Alliance wars could maybebe a good addition to the game, maybe not. But I'd caution against making the game overly contentious - as I've seen alliance based competition turn into in other games. One of the main features I like about this game is that you more or less control your resources (don't lose them and get as much as you can atk) and you cant choose who you fight - this keeps the drama at bay. Alliance wars seems like the kind of thing that would challenge that.

I fear all that would happen is all the heavyweights would join together and crush everyone else for whatever benefit is granted for winning Alliance wars....furthering the divide between top tiers and average players. If it can be implemented while still maintaining the drama free aspect of traditional Alliance war themes, then sure I'd be for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post
            I personally don't see any major issues with the game, minor tweaks sure but the game isn't "broken"...ppl have been saying that for years and here we are.

Players built some unwarranted hype around/just before the UW update and I never understood why - led to so many being so under impressed. Taking a break is fine, but the logic of the original post doesn't add up to me - the UW aspect doesn't effect you as a player at all if you don't want it to. And, can be a whole additional aspect of the game if it's your thing.

Alliance wars could maybebe a good addition to the game, maybe not. But I'd caution against making the game overly contentious - as I've seen alliance based competition turn into in other games. One of the main features I like about this game is that you more or less control your resources (don't lose them and get as much as you can atk) and you cant choose who you fight - this keeps the drama at bay. Alliance wars seems like the kind of thing that would challenge that.

I fear all that would happen is all the heavyweights would join together and crush everyone else for whatever benefit is granted for winning Alliance wars....furthering the divide between top tiers and average players. If it can be implemented while still maintaining the drama free aspect of traditional Alliance war themes, then sure I'd be for it.
            Alliance war can be match based of how often the alliance win the wars so that alliance with good players also get match with other alliance with good players

Comment

Well I understand the proposed matchup system. But there would presumably be some sort of incentive for winning hypothetical alliance wars, right? I would be concerned that higher levels would just join one alliance, "farm the wars," and continuously win those benefits.

There are individual players with enough high level accounts to heavily influence, if not outright decide, outcomes.

Comment

Well I understand the proposed matchup system. But there would presumably be some sort of incentive for winning hypothetical alliance wars, right? I would be concerned that higher levels would just join one alliance, "farm the wars," and continuously win those benefits.

There are individual players with enough high level accounts to heavily influence, if not outright decide, outcomes.
                Then there will be alliance for the player that is lower level if all the high level are in one alliance fighting other high level player alliances.

Comment

Actually, I agree that Daily Challenge has to be separate. Like Underworld theme in Underworld and Olympus theme in Olympus.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about dailies and UW. I don't really like attacking them when they're UW themed personally. But there is a degree of crossover between UW and olympus thats already been established. Right now it's almost only thought of as UW attacking olympus, but as UW maps continue to develop players will eventually start attacking UW with olympus gods more often, and not just revenges. So the dailies does at least provide an introduction and/or an area to practice for that.

Players wanted more variety in attacks and UW will provide that, just needs to mature a little more. I think in the future the two worlds will be more intertwined, but currently you can basically play then as seperate games until UW maps catch up to olympus maps.

Could devs maybe make some tiered UW themed dev bases in then interim, to kind of showcase this a little?

Comment

Of course the UW update affects you as you are given UW bases to attack in daily challenges and events can reward UW currency only. For the first few months Olympus was playable without much UW interference but now it is increasingly forced on you and an Olympus only game is no longer viable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticksman View Post

Of course the UW update affects you as you are given UW bases to attack in daily challenges and events can reward UW currency only. For the first few months Olympus was playable without much UW interference but now it is increasingly forced on you and an Olympus only game is no longer viable.
                        Lol I only play olympus and find it easier to do so. Just dont click on the button to go to the uw base and mainly focus on olympus base.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about dailies and UW. I don't really like attacking them when they're UW themed personally. But there is a degree of crossover between UW and olympus thats already been established. Right now it's almost only thought of as UW attacking olympus, but as UW maps continue to develop players will eventually start attacking UW with olympus gods more often, and not just revenges. So the dailies does at least provide an introduction and/or an area to practice for that.

Players wanted more variety in attacks and UW will provide that, just needs to mature a little more. I think in the future the two worlds will be more intertwined, but currently you can basically play then as seperate games until UW maps catch up to olympus maps.

Could devs maybe make some tiered UW themed dev bases in then interim, to kind of showcase this a little?
                          no but some players said they don't want be involved with underworld, that's why i made a comment agreeing that underworld daily should be underworld theme and olympus daily should be olympus theme

Comment

Originally posted by Sticksman View Post

That just isn't true. You can select which resources you get from weekly challenges. If you can't, I would email support, because that feature was included the last patch I believe.

If you're taking a break bc the daily challenge is UW themed sometimes, then that's your prerogative - but that's kind of a small aspect of the larger game. Other than that specific component of the game, UW really doesn't effect olympus at all right now.. I literally haven't done an UW attack in over a month or two

Comment

Originally posted by JKs View Post

no but some players said they don't want be involved with underworld, that's why i made a comment agreeing that underworld daily should be underworld theme and olympus daily should be olympus theme
                              Well, to be fair, players don't seem to know what they want

They ask for variety in attacks. This is (will) provide it once UW maps catch up to Olympus attack cups.

Players want to see different strategies, maybe different patrons, maybe high level UW provides it.

UW was implemented (i think) to provide this crossover feature and broaden the game a bit. Taking out the UW themed dailies really doesn't serve any purpose. If a player doesn't want to atk them, then they can just make the personal choice and opt out of them and instead choose to attack normal olympus maps (or whatever they get matched up with).

Comment

Working...
                              X