Heroes no longer getting temples buff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JKs View Post

Hero is much more powerful but they are also much more expensive compared to other troops and they are like the one and only one type of unit on the field. So it's not unfair to give them the same bonus other troops receive.

Destroying a temple still takes away temple buff from the hero, which was what we talked about til now :P But if you still think taking out a temple with many house around hero academy is useless, then you can always try different tactic.

The gods didn't receive much buff, but even now after introduction of hero, attack is higher than defense. We should try to narrow down that gap, not widen it.
    Just my opinion, but I'm all for the current weighting of offense vs defense with no significant changes. But I also won't claim to be extra envisionary - I'll leave that to the devs, they've done just fine so far. Even IF offense is slightly stronger than defense (probably a lot of variables there to flush out too, but I'd agree that's probably the general consensus), thats representative of players actively playing and attacking a base. Opinion disclaimer -> defenses are a passive feature of the game in most cases - usually happening when players (of the defending base) aren't even logged in. Not saying they should be totally lopsided, but by boosting a passive part of the game it in turn creates a sense frustration in players when they are actively playing.

Perfect example was when heroes were initially rolled out, specifically paris. Some learned to play with it, many others quit out of frustration and/or gave/sold their accounts away. (Not condoning it, just stating realities)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

Just my opinion, but I'm all for the current weighting of offense vs defense with no significant changes. But I also won't claim to be extra envisionary - I'll leave that to the devs, they've done just fine so far. Even IF offense is slightly stronger than defense (probably a lot of variables there to flush out too, but I'd agree that's probably the general consensus), thats representative of players actively playing and attacking a base. Opinion disclaimer -> defenses are a passive feature of the game in most cases - usually happening when players (of the defending base) aren't even logged in. Not saying they should be totally lopsided, but by boosting a passive part of the game it in turn creates a sense frustration in players when they are actively playing.

Perfect example was when heroes were initially rolled out, specifically paris. Some learned to play with it, many others quit out of frustration and/or gave/sold their accounts away. (Not condoning it, just stating realities)
      Yeah I guess that's true. I also think attack should be slightly higher than defense, but I just meant we shouldn't aim to nerf defense any further. My attack is roughly 700 points higher than my defense. Which I think isn't "slightly" higher, so yeah. I would love to see some slight tweaks for defense to rise, but I also understand this should be a very careful approach. But one thing for sure, hopefully the game doesn't decide to go in a way that would widen the gap even more than now, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
        Buffing hero not gonna do too much to counter Artemis and mono strat so why not nerf it to give other patrons a chance to shine more?
        I think developers are possibly thinking to nerf Artemis Patron. Or at least leroy said he will consider it. So let's just wait out and see how that goes. I'm not sure about mono strat tho. I guess we could nerf Poseidon Patron?.. Maybe, but not sure cuz that would still leave Ares Patron.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion View Post

Paris too can be really overwhelming if kept out of reach. Eventually, all the heroes are excellent if used correctly and efficiently.
          Yeah, that's what I meant :P

Comment

Yeah I guess that's true. I also think attack should be slightly higher than defense, but I just meant we shouldn't aim to nerf defense any further. My attack is roughly 700 points higher than my defense. Which I think isn't "slightly" higher, so yeah. I would love to see some slight tweaks for defense to rise, but I also understand this should be a very careful approach. But one thing for sure, hopefully the game doesn't decide to go in a way that would widen the gap even more than now, at least.
            Agree, don't really see a need to widen that gap any further, but also don't see any calls supporting that either. It's also worth noting though that individual player choices bear some of this burden too, it isn't just game design.

If players buy resources/gems, where do they spend it? Probably on offense because that gives them more gratification.

Where did they possibly gem resources? Dailies, weekly challenges, just general attack grinding - those gemming options yield varying gold/stone ratios.

Also, let's just address the elephant in the room regarding defense. Base building is very tedious! Very few players enjoy that aspect of the game so often just keep the same layout until they realize "ummm, my offense is over 1k higher than defense, I guess I've kicked this can down the road long enough...ill go ahead and change my layout." Some players with several map slots rotate bases every few days, others keep the same base layout for months at a time.

Those choices have long term effects to cup distribution over the life of an account, and they're variables that are difficult for any individual player like you or me assess because we can't peak behind the curtain at specific account information across the entire game.

I could go on regarding patron nerfs, but would rather not. That horse has been beaten, revived, and beaten again.

Comment

Haha yeah, Patron's been discussed enough. And no, I actually meant about another player suggesting nerfing hero, taking away house buff and etc. So I'm saying anything that could widen the gap between attack and defense any further shouldn't be approved. Anyway yeah, you're right. We should keep those in mind as well.

Comment

Its not that the hero is not strong enough rather certain patron are much too strong.

Comment

Its not that the hero is not strong enough rather certain patron are much too strong.
                  I think anyone and everyone that reads the forums knows your position on artemis patron by now (hence the dead, so very dead horse analogy above). There really isn't a need to insert it into every thread.

Although I guess I have to tip my hat to your dedication to "squeaky wheel gets the grease" strategy.

Comment

They just need to balance all the patron rather than buffing the hero so that other patron don’t have a chance at all. I mean just look at Zeus in his sad corner not getting pick as patron at all

Comment

They just need to balance all the patron rather than buffing the hero so that other patron don’t have a chance at all. I mean just look at Zeus in his sad corner not getting pick as patron at all
                      That is inaccurate, there are some patron Zeuses.....Zuesi....not sure what the correct plural is for a Zeus 😜...but yes there are some and after looking at some of their battle reviews the players using them appear to be having lots of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post

That is inaccurate, there are some patron Zeuses.....Zuesi....not sure what the correct plural is for a Zeus 😜...but yes there are some and after looking at some of their battle reviews the players using them appear to be having lots of fun!
                        But I have never gotten attacked by a single player using Zeus patron. And even if players do, they will most likely not do as well as other patron that are much more powerful.

Comment

But I have never gotten attacked by a single player using Zeus patron. And even if players do, they will most likely not do as well as other patron that are much more powerful.
                          Not getting picked at all, and you never seeing an attack on your account are two very different statements. There are also many different factors, like account level and just player preference. Players can also change their patron at anytime, some change their patron daily just to do the Daily Challenges depending on which challenge is up. Some pick their patron because they want their account profile picture to be their favorite. The point here is, making exaggerated false blanket statements actually hurts your argument because the powers that be....do extensive research before making huge decisions rather than making a huge change based upon those blanket statements.

Comment

But there are a lot of gap between patrons and I think it should be balanced out more rather than having certain patron much more powerful than others. Why use Zeus patron chain lightning when you can use Artemis patron spread shot to keep killing bunch of troops at once or Zeus lighting storm when Ares battle charge can take most temple out on less than a second in bloodlust. There is just too much of a gap between different patron and maybe some weaker patron get uses from time to time but it should be balanced so that all of the patron get picked often rather than one or two patrons always being picked and dominating the game.

Comment

And I just don't know a single person in the game to ever used Zeus patron that's why I said it.

Comment

I think developers are possibly thinking to nerf Artemis Patron. Or at least leroy said he will consider it. So let's just wait out and see how that goes. I'm not sure about mono strat tho. I guess we could nerf Poseidon Patron?.. Maybe, but not sure cuz that would still leave Ares Patron.
                                I think Poseidon patron already got nerfed, a while ago?

Comment

Working...
                                X