Heroes no longer getting temples buff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post

The only reason why defense is weaker is because of Artemis patron being superior than all the other one
    I think it is balanced between arty and poseidon. It depends on the strategy you use (that is incorporating said patron).

Comment

Originally posted by Voltaire View Post

I think it is balanced between arty and poseidon. It depends on the strategy you use (that is incorporating said patron).
      Artemis patron strategy still better than Poseidon patron since I feel like Poseidon patron is much easier to make a mistake while Artemis patron as long as Artemis is alive then the base is screwed

Comment

this post wasn't meant for the discussion between patrons xD only about bonuses for heroes

since the discussion is going in 4.2 update post, maybe we could take that discussion there :P

Comment

Still better if hero house bonus will be gone if there isnt a house to boost it anymore since there wasnt even a hero before and they hardly even buff the god after the hero update

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
            Still better if hero house bonus will be gone if there isnt a house to boost it anymore since there wasnt even a hero before and they hardly even buff the god after the hero update
            But then what would stop me from dropping in Hera next to your hero academy and wiping out your 12 houses instantly, rendering the tens and hundreds of millions of gold spent on hero bonuses worthless?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Uncle Oceanus View Post

But then what would stop me from dropping in Hera next to your hero academy and wiping out your 12 houses instantly, rendering the tens and hundreds of millions of gold spent on hero bonuses worthless?
              Well then they can't do that to the houses surrounding a temple. And yea currently hero is kinda too op with all that boost so it would be a good counter. Plus its better to just destroy aprho temple than to waste hera ult on it if house bonus get removed from hero when house is gone

Comment

Well, I still think Hero should maintain even Temple's bonus, not just House's bonus, after Temple is destroyed. Just like all the other troops. Which is exactly what I said before, but the discussion is just repeating itself, so yeah :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

Achilles is already a monster at higher levels, do you really want him sprinting around with speed boosts the whole attack too? 😳 The only way to deal with him currently is to ...um...run away!

This seems like one of those things that I'm sure is much easier to talk about then it is to actually do programming-wise without causing several other problems that we just haven't thought of yet.
                  Nah. Wait for his shield to run out, deploy gods near him, and attack him with as much damage as you can, for the first few seoconds, until he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Athene View Post

Nah. Wait for his shield to run out, deploy gods near him, and attack him with as much damage as you can, for the first few seoconds, until he dies.
                    Achilles in Aphro environment with 12 aphro house has over 1m health

Comment

Originally posted by Athene View Post

I don't want to speak out of place because I don't know your level or attack range, but I would challenge that simply focusing on achilles for a few seconds does not work on heavily boosted heroes - at least in my experience.

The boosted achilles I'm seeing at times, and mind you I don't consider myself "higher level," have about 1 million health, somewhere around 30k strength, and an 85% dmg reduction when shield is up. For good measure, can throw on about a 10% health regeneration rate (on apollo environments) too until apollo temple is taken out.

Take your time chewing down that health bar while that 30k str and the rest of the map gets you.

Comment

With hit and run and a decent Hermes, you can manage to dodge Achilles and Hercules easily, and Paris can be taken out in seconds

Comment

But then why is Paris the most popular Hero still? :P If Achilles at Aphrodite Environment is too OP, then everyone is suppose to be using that. But instead, you can rarely see any other Heroes than Paris. So not giving Hero this Temple buff just cuz Hero is too OP in health isn't right. Cuz already now, players are choosing Hero's skill (Paris stun) over Hero's pure health and strength.

Besides, my point was based on the fact that it is very very inconsistent how the Hero lose Temple buff when destroyed while all the other troops are behaving in different way. If I'd have known this when it was first released, I would've definitely pointed this out. But I didn't know then, I automatically assumed Hero would not lose Temple's bonus, like other troops :P I don't understand why it was initially released this way to begin with, like the intention or idea behind it. But it's definitely inconsistent and kinda very unnecessary.

Comment

The heroes are behaving the same way as any other troop. Both heroes and troops lose temple bonus when it goes down. Both heroes and troops keep house bonuses forever. (If there are any specific houses/temples that do behave differently, they would behave differently for both)

leroy

Comment

Oh I thought any types of bonus that are given towards troops remain with them until they die, isn't that the case? Aphrodite, for instance, they give health buff to troops and the buff stays with them (even after Temple gets destroyed) until they die. This isn't the case with Hero. I noticed Hero lose Temple buff from Aphrodite as soon as Aphrodite goes down.

Comment

That seems like a difficult example, for me at least, to follow. But I'll attempt.

-At the beginning aphrodite temple and houses provides health/strength boost to all spawned troops on the map, to include the hero.

-After aphro temple goes down, so does the temple boost - to everyone. Any house boosts still apply to troops on the map spawned prior to temple going down (and houses clear). It's relevant to note here that the hero was technically spawned at beginning of the match and therefore retains house bonuses, but just lost the temple bonus now as it was cleared

-Troops spawned afterwards receive no aphrodite boosts whatsoever bc both temple and house boosts are cleared from the map.

- Its probably hard to differentiate between troops spawned before and after temple goes down AND that did or didn't have additional house boosts. In the few seconds after the temple destruction wave clears there's probably representation from all four categories.

Thats my understanding, right or wrong. Please correct me if it's wrong, happy to learn something new. Where I get confused is the recommendation for heroes to keep the temple bonus after its cleared. What for?

Comment

Working...
                                X