No announcement yet.

Heroes no longer getting temples buff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting really confused, as I don't use heroes.

Comment

I think the house boosts for heroes has always been this way. The only outlier I can recall specific to hero boosts was when the apollo houses were making the heroes unkillable for a while (despite the intended boost to adjacent buildings), which was corrected several patches ago.

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
        Note that buildings lose house bonuses once a house is gone, just not already-spawned units (and heroes). Also, newly-spawned units do not get the destroyed house bonuses.

leroy
        a
        Is this really true for all colors? You can see all troops walk slower after grey in down.. I also noticed aphro can charm way more troops immediately after pink is down, no troops come back as skiilies after black is down, no matter how many black houses you have. To me The other( colors, green, purple, red) seems to keep the boost until the spawned troops live.

Comment

Hades is an exception for sure, no reanimation after that temple goes down regardless of houses. I do believe grey/pink keep boosts, but I would have to test to verify.

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
            Hades is an exception for sure, no reanimation after that temple goes down regardless of houses. I do believe grey/pink keep boosts, but I would have to test to verify.

leroy
            I think Aphrodite stays, while Hermes disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post
              I think the house boosts for heroes has always been this way. The only outlier I can recall specific to hero boosts was when the apollo houses were making the heroes unkillable for a while (despite the intended boost to adjacent buildings), which was corrected several patches ago.
              Ah alright, my bad. I guess I misunderstood the concept until now. But regardless, my suggestion stands. I still think Hero should get the bonus the same way as other troops.

Comment

The hero should at least lose 50 percent of health, range, and damage boost when the house is gone since hero in aphro environment surrounded with 12 aphro houses is almost unkillable even when the temple is down

Comment

oh alright lol i think we're suggesting completely opposite things xD you're suggesting to nerf even the houses bonuses but i'm suggesting buff heroes bonuses by not taking away bonus even when the temple is destroyed (which is what's happening with normal troops atm)

Comment

Originally posted by JKs View Post
                    oh alright lol i think we're suggesting completely opposite things xD you're suggesting to nerf even the houses bonuses but i'm suggesting buff heroes bonuses by not taking away bonus even when the temple is destroyed (which is what's happening with normal troops atm)
                    But that just wont make sense if the hero still receive the buff if there is no house to give it buff

Comment

Ah alright, my bad. I guess I misunderstood the concept until now. But regardless, my suggestion stands. I still think Hero should get the bonus the same way as other troops.
                      I've used heroes before, and I know that it would be really hard to destroy a base if heroes could be reanimated again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Athene View Post

I've used heroes before, and I know that it would be really hard to destroy a base if heroes could be reanimated again and again.
                        No, I meant the exact same way as normal troops. Normal troops don't get reanimated after Hades Temple is down, plus I don't think Hades Temple affects Hero in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post

But that just wont make sense if the hero still receive the buff if there is no house to give it buff
                          Normal troops still maintain the buff even if Temple or the Houses surrounding the Barracks are destroyed. Only the ones that are spawned afterward spawn without bonuses. The ones who were already spawned before Temple or the Houses being destroyed maintain their bonuses until they die. So I'm suggesting likewise for Heroes.

Comment

Normal troops still maintain the buff even if Temple or the Houses surrounding the Barracks are destroyed. Only the ones that are spawned afterward spawn without bonuses. The ones who were already spawned before Temple or the Houses being destroyed maintain their bonuses until they die. So I'm suggesting likewise for Heroes.
                            Achilles is already a monster at higher levels, do you really want him sprinting around with speed boosts the whole attack too? 😳 The only way to deal with him currently is to ...um...run away!

This seems like one of those things that I'm sure is much easier to talk about then it is to actually do programming-wise without causing several other problems that we just haven't thought of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post

Achilles is already a monster at higher levels, do you really want him sprinting around with speed boosts the whole attack too? 😳 The only way to deal with him currently is to ...um...run away!

This seems like one of those things that I'm sure is much easier to talk about then it is to actually do programming-wise without causing several other problems that we just haven't thought of yet.
                              I mean, I can predict this is going to cause a bit of a complaint from players (also I will find it more difficult to attack), but sometimes balancing is not done because it is going to be popular. It's just done to make things right and balanced tbh. And right now, defense is weaker than attack. And even if it's not that, just concept wise. I think it only right to make it consistent between how hero is affected and how troops are affected. Plus, it's two sides. You might find it more difficult to attack but enjoy increase in strength of your defense.

Not sure about programming being too complex tho, cuz they already do this for normal troops. All I meant was apply the same thing for Hero :P So I don't THINK (ofc I might be wrong) it would be that difficult coding wise.

But again, leroy clearly expressed that this change is gonna be difficult. So I'm not saying like.. "Please do this, we have to fix this now", but I'm just explaining why I made the suggestion and supporting that the suggestion was pretty reasonable, and maybe it might be the thing to be considered for future updates.

Comment

I mean, I can predict this is going to cause a bit of a complaint from players (also I will find it more difficult to attack), but sometimes balancing is not done because it is going to be popular. It's just done to make things right and balanced tbh. And right now, defense is weaker than attack. And even if it's not that, just concept wise. I think it only right to make it consistent between how hero is affected and how troops are affected. Plus, it's two sides. You might find it more difficult to attack but enjoy increase in strength of your defense.

Not sure about programming being too complex tho, cuz they already do this for normal troops. All I meant was apply the same thing for Hero :P So I don't THINK (ofc I might be wrong) it would be that difficult coding wise.

But again, leroy clearly expressed that this change is gonna be difficult. So I'm not saying like.. "Please do this, we have to fix this now", but I'm just explaining why I made the suggestion and supporting that the suggestion was pretty reasonable, and maybe it might be the thing to be considered for future updates.
                                The only reason why defense is weaker is because of Artemis patron being superior than all the other one

Comment

Working...
                                X