No announcement yet.

Heroes no longer getting temples buff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes no longer getting temples buff?

I asked few times in the other posts and other players seem to be confused about it as well, but it didn't get the replies cuz it was amongst comments and it was easy to miss. So I'm making separate post. Do heroes no longer get buff from temples once they are destroyed? Cuz I noticed through replay that the hero's health bar boost right back up to full health once the aphrodite temple is down in a similar way to buildings healths when athena temple gets destroyed. So do they lose bonuses? If they do, was it included in the previous update? Cuz I remember not so long while ago that heroes maintained their bonuses all the way to the end of the match. Maybe this got added before the last update and I didn't notice this til now.

And also, I might be 100% wrong but does this only apply for Achilles? Cuz I saw Paris attacking and didn't see their range or health decreasing when the temples get destroyed. Please any of the developers, leroy (or any others) could you please clarify this? Cuz I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't know 100% about this change. Like when this change got added, if this change is real or intended etc.

Heroes get the same behavior as units. They lose temple boosts when the temple is destroyed. But they keep the house boosts they were spawned with forever.

I don't think this behavior has changed ever? I can't remember a time when it didn't work this way.

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
      Heroes get the same behavior as units. They lose temple boosts when the temple is destroyed. But they keep the house boosts they were spawned with forever.

I don't think this behavior has changed ever? I can't remember a time when it didn't work this way.

leroy
      Oh it was? I thought it was different way when it was first released at least. Cuz I remember all those debates regarding temple's buff being too much, being too less and etc. I'm sorry if I was mistaken.

Comment

I think the troop should lose their health boost from houses if the house is gone and the troop spawn before it since building lose their health and healing boost when the house are down.

Comment

That wouldn't make sense cuz you don't suddenly get weaker due to temples being destroyed. Strong troops get provided with troops' bonuses and once that bonus is gone, the troops getting provided since that moment lose bonus. While the troops that were produced before that moment maintain their bonuses til they die. Which is why I think Hero's boost should work the same way. I mean, why only the houses and not the temple, anyway? :P Plus the defense is weaker in relative to attack atm so we should avoid any nerfs from defense side, only buffs (such as the one I suggested with Hero maintaining Temple bonus as well).

Comment

I thought it was this way, which is why I didn't say anything til now xD I didn't know Heroes lose bonuses from temple.

Comment

Changing any of this at this point would be quite a change in the balance of the game. I don't see it happening.

leroy

Comment

Yeah I guess that's true, imagine all those disasters lol but you gotta agree there's little bit of inconsistency in how bonus works with Heroes.

Comment

Yeah, I agree, it is a little odd.

leroy

Comment

Maybe something to think about for long term changes :P I mean, tbh any balance would bring a lot of complaints and temporary disorders from the game, but balancing is just about making things right and... balanced. Yeah so maybe something to keep in mind I guess.

Comment

But I think hero should lose there house bonus once house is gone

Comment

heroes will be way too underpowered then, and defense is already too weak compared to attack :P but why do u want to remove house bonus tho? u think heroes too powerful, or something else

Comment

Note that buildings lose house bonuses once a house is gone, just not already-spawned units (and heroes). Also, newly-spawned units do not get the destroyed house bonuses.

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
                            Yeah, I agree, it is a little odd.

leroy
                            Also another thing I wanted to point out is that through this system of Heroes losing all the bonuses from temples, we have problem of encouraging the usage of already mostly used Hero Paris, in a way. Paris will get affected as well by losing all the bonuses, but the Heroes who require all the bonuses they can get are others (who are not as frequently used compared to Paris), because Paris just needs to stun a god to do its work, whereas other Heroes fight gods directly and so would get affected by losing bonus directly. If you know what I mean.

To make it simpler, for Paris, you stun or not stun. It might be harder for him to stun a god cuz he will lose range, speed and etc, but if he stuns, that's it. He has done his work. But for other Heroes, every single damage, health and range matters. Like every hit that they put in, every second they endured fighting with gods is part of their... success as Heroes, if that makes any more sense. So simply, this bonus removal influences other Heroes more than it influences Paris, realistically and practically speaking, and he's already most popular Hero. Just thought I would point that out as well.

Comment

Which is why I went back to using Paris after I realized temple bonus removal might be the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X