Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Blues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Update Blues

    I got to L61 in Underworld but have stopped playing it now, all that effort by the Devs but I still pass on it. My Olympus game has been slowed down because of the need to give events over to Underworld and this further reduces my motivation to play GoO at all. Underworld is a option rather than an update, you can choose to play it or not. With no benefit added to your Olympus campaign, Underworld is a bit of a nuisance whereas it could have been so much more. The Devs are clever and capable designers but they have missed an opportunity to strengthen the game and Underworld adds nothing to the main event. Shame.

  • #2
    well, they give gems as you level up in underworld :P that's at least what my alliance member told me about how she can link underworld and olympus

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with the OP. Underworld was a novelty in the beginning, at best. Now it has pretty much entirely sapped my interest in playing at all. I went from spending way too much time in game daily to spending mayybeee 5 minutes every couple of days or so.
      Alliance- Heroes of Olympus 2.0!

      Comment


      • #4
        Many quit or very less active. Devs won't understand that because even if 2/3 rd people quit their revenue stays same due to new gemming structure. I had a post may be a month back pointing out people especially higher levels are quitting which has happened.

        Basically any game where attacking is hard and defending is easy will crash. Unfortunately since heros it started happening and now paris is like apex of all bad updates. Before it was Odysseus and it will be still threat if people start using him again. All ranged heros got unreal ranges, damage and health.

        Whenever I do nector burning in UV I get only Olympus bases. I dont even remember when I got UW base in UW attack.

        There are many many posts on bugs, devs have not even commented that they are fixing those.

        I said before, higher levels should get loyalty bonuses because they are loyal with this game for very long time, instead they are slapped with higher gems cost. Is it game or some psychotic drug? Like give it cheap at the beginning and then increase price after addiction because you know people still buy it. Sorry but this is game with lots of issues now so I dont think people will buy gems come what may.

        When 1 person stops playing his/her friends follow the same because people play this game because of others and not because of game itself.

        Anyways its their product and their decisions so we have to decide whether continue or stop.

        Comment


        • #5
          You still haven’t figured it out huh?
          High levels are the enemy of the devs, we have gotten too big.
          New players have no chance of catching up, they might just quit early on generating no money.
          But here are OP patrons Artemis and Poseidon, you just need them to beat levels 20 or more higher than you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Paris got nerf so much too the point I lost 100 def trophy since last nerf and still going down.

            Comment


            • #7
              it's still the most popular hero tho, like 90% of the bases I face have Paris

              Comment


              • #8
                I have been looking at some of the ranked Alliances. A hell of a lot of people don’t seem to be playing Underworld. The Devs really need to work on making Underworld a genuine part of the game rather than just an optional add-on that slows progress in the main Olympus game. There is ingenuity and clever design work in the update but it just isn’t beneficial to play it, or spend on it. I don’t use gems on Underworld, and since the update, I only use them on Olympus for daily challenges and events bonuses. I do pay to play to support the Devs but not as much nowadays.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kane2 View Post
                  You still haven’t figured it out huh?
                  High levels are the enemy of the devs, we have gotten too big.
                  New players have no chance of catching up, they might just quit early on generating no money.
                  But here are OP patrons Artemis and Poseidon, you just need them to beat levels 20 or more higher than you.
                  Building a solid city with billions upon billions of stone is a waste (defense is a frickin joke). I have seen a lvl 116 mono a lvl 155 and win. I got steam rolled by a lvl 124 that was solo last night. I just accept it now and have an understanding that it will always be this way. Offensive trophies is where it’s at, don’t waste time on defense. No matter how much stone you pour into a city, it doesn’t matter. 🤬

                  Once my gems are used up I am not buying anymore unless developers change cost of gems for attacks back to what it was. It’s such a rip off at higher levels, especially in Underworld. If they wanted to slow level progress they should have done the gem restructuring 3-4 years ago. 🤪

                  Chris

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Thorr View Post
                    Many quit or very less active. Devs won't understand that because even if 2/3 rd people quit their revenue stays same due to new gemming structure. I had a post may be a month back pointing out people especially higher levels are quitting which has happened.

                    Basically any game where attacking is hard and defending is easy will crash. Unfortunately since heros it started happening and now paris is like apex of all bad updates. Before it was Odysseus and it will be still threat if people start using him again. All ranged heros got unreal ranges, damage and health.

                    Whenever I do nector burning in UV I get only Olympus bases. I dont even remember when I got UW base in UW attack.

                    There are many many posts on bugs, devs have not even commented that they are fixing those.

                    I said before, higher levels should get loyalty bonuses because they are loyal with this game for very long time, instead they are slapped with higher gems cost. Is it game or some psychotic drug? Like give it cheap at the beginning and then increase price after addiction because you know people still buy it. Sorry but this is game with lots of issues now so I dont think people will buy gems come what may.

                    When 1 person stops playing his/her friends follow the same because people play this game because of others and not because of game itself.

                    Anyways its their product and their decisions so we have to decide whether continue or stop.
                    Higher Levels don't deserve any more than lower levels. Low levels are often just as loyal.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by War Hammer View Post

                      Building a solid city with billions upon billions of stone is a waste (defense is a frickin joke). I have seen a lvl 116 mono a lvl 155 and win. I got steam rolled by a lvl 124 that was solo last night. I just accept it now and have an understanding that it will always be this way. Offensive trophies is where it’s at, don’t waste time on defense. No matter how much stone you pour into a city, it doesn’t matter. 🤬

                      Once my gems are used up I am not buying anymore unless developers change cost of gems for attacks back to what it was. It’s such a rip off at higher levels, especially in Underworld. If they wanted to slow level progress they should have done the gem restructuring 3-4 years ago. 🤪

                      Chris
                      Offense trophies huh? That’s great and all but I only have time for underworld.
                      Gemming an UW attack is fun, just 71 gems for a chance at resources. All those nice defenses that do nothing against OL gods are going to massacre you with UW gods.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by War Hammer View Post

                        Building a solid city with billions upon billions of stone is a waste (defense is a frickin joke). I have seen a lvl 116 mono a lvl 155 and win. I got steam rolled by a lvl 124 that was solo last night. I just accept it now and have an understanding that it will always be this way. Offensive trophies is where it’s at, don’t waste time on defense. No matter how much stone you pour into a city, it doesn’t matter. 🤬

                        Once my gems are used up I am not buying anymore unless developers change cost of gems for attacks back to what it was. It’s such a rip off at higher levels, especially in Underworld. If they wanted to slow level progress they should have done the gem restructuring 3-4 years ago. 🤪

                        Chris
                        I dont think every 124s and 116s are beating u. Point is the might be great attackers. I know few mid level 130 who loose to lower 120s all the time. Game must be designed for masses and not classes. I am level 124 I too win on level few 150 bases and loose on few level 130s easily.

                        If defence becomes super efficient then avaerage attackers would loose interest too fast so I understand why there is slight advantage while attacking (until heros).

                        In terms of masses its not possible that they start beating every 150 or above bases.

                        Discussion is going way off the topic but just though of commenting. No personal offence against you just an observation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah I assume only very few really talented players would be able to beat over level differences that huge.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Btw this has been mentioned few times before, but it would be much better if the players were able to choose what type of resources they get from the challenges. This would solve all these problems and players would be able to choose which realm they are going to push with challenges.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              There is nothing more annoying than seeing Underworld get the weekly event and having to wait another week to move on in Olympus. This update really isn’t working, people are playing less rather than more. But commenting here is just blowing in the wind, no-one is listening.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X