Gemming an attack in the underworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorr View Post

Yes new tower at level 20 and new tower at level 150 should cost same but it doesn't so the resources to new things ratio is definitely balanced
    Account levels have no factor in building costs, costs are dependent on the number of “same” buildings already on the layout.

Comment

Demand and supply rule applies..u do may be 5 battles for 1 tower..at higher level u do 100 battles for new tower so we spend 100 times more on gems. Tower cost changes each time u buy new tower..

Anyways u r right.. ignore me..

Comment

You also have the massive benefit that no resources are lost in battle, but remain on the account, unlike any other game. High levels have retained all these resources on their accounts and are able to cover their full maps.
        Every change is made to benefit the gameplay for all players, and reinforcing teamwork and the importance of every battle is for the benefit of the whole community.

Comment

Originally posted by Goob View Post
          I can agree with the second part of your post. But not the first.

The very reason that we get more resources as we move up and attack larger cities is because.... things get more expensive. A lower level only needs a few thousand gold to boost attack or health. If you were adjust the scale for cost than I could agree with A. Until then it seems like a tax on your most reliable customers.
          Basically, that’s their aim. Just like in the real world, the more money you make, the higher your taxes are and no stimulus funds 😜

The higher level is being punished for being a high level. It prevents higher level from farming too much and progressing too fast in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post
            You also have the massive benefit that no resources are lost in battle, but remain on the account, unlike any other game. High levels have retained all these resources on their accounts and are able to cover their full maps.
            Every change is made to benefit the gameplay for all players, and reinforcing teamwork and the importance of every battle is for the benefit of the whole community.
            Not true, you don’t lose any resources in Clash of Clans if you reach the highest league or the 5K cups and above.

Also, builder base there is like the Underworld here. Except that the normal mode troops don’t get to attack the builder base. It’s totally a separate entity. Unlike here. Which makes me post a new topic on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorr View Post
              Demand and supply rule applies..u do may be 5 battles for 1 tower..at higher level u do 100 battles for new tower so we spend 100 times more on gems. Tower cost changes each time u buy new tower..

Anyways u r right.. ignore me..
              You are correct.

But I think they designed it to prevent people like me from farming too much. They figured, since I gem a lot, I need to pay more. Taxation is theft so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post

Not true, you don’t lose any resources in Clash of Clans if you reach the highest league or the 5K cups and above.

Also, builder base there is like the Underworld here. Except that the normal mode troops don’t get to attack the builder base. It’s totally a separate entity. Unlike here. Which makes me post a new topic on that.
                So only some players benefit from not losing resources in Clash....we like all players to have a fun gaming experience and keep their hard earned resources.

That sounds like a disappointing feature, why wouldn’t you want your existing content to cross over with new content. As the Underworld game grows you will see more and more crossover ability to attack the Underworld cities from the existing Olympian realm!

Comment

You are correct.

But I think they designed it to prevent people like me from farming too much. They figured, since I gem a lot, I need to pay more. Taxation is theft so to speak.
                  Who cares if you farm so much. Finally I have to play my game you play yours. If you farm you spend gems and they earn. Now with expensive battle you farm less or may not farm(ideally) but that might not happen. So they earn 40% more in general at least🤣🤣 Its a business and we understand that.

In deplomatic way they mention for better gameplay bla bla bla..

Sorry i agree what they say..ignore what i wrote..
                  Last edited by Thorr; January 2, 2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

So only some players benefit from not losing resources in Clash....we like all players to have a fun gaming experience and keep their hard earned resources.

That sounds like a disappointing feature, why wouldn’t you want your existing content to cross over with new content. As the Underworld game grows you will see more and more crossover ability to attack the Underworld cities from the existing Olympian realm!
                    So with that logic, why don’t you allow me to use my gold and stones to build my Underworld base? Your answer is contradictory.

You allow Olympian gods to attack my Underworld base yet you prevented me from using my saved up resources in Normal mode used in the Underworld.

I do get what you are saying, you want people to buy more or spend more. It’s good revenue for the game. Which is fine with me. But the gem bundles you make, still doesn’t allow you to make more revenue. You still stick to the same one you have. You don’t bring out any specials, or give out “more bang for the buck!” I mean, if the aim is to make more money, I get it. But make it so that people get more value for the price they pay. That way, people will want to spend more.

Comment

I don’t have the power of Midas, I can’t convert resources with a touch.
                      Resources earned have always stayed on an account as the resources they are, silver and obsidian are completely new resources and all players should be able to enjoy new content without jumping ahead by conversion. This would eliminate the joy of unlocking each new piece of content individually. The Olympian resources are made using the Olympian gods, and would not be equal to earning new resources at the new levels.
                      There will be new content on Olympus in future releases as well as new content in the Underworld!

Comment

I don’t have the power of Midas, I can’t convert resources with a touch.
                        Resources earned have always stayed on an account as the resources they are, silver and obsidian are completely new resources and all players should be able to enjoy new content without jumping ahead by conversion. This would eliminate the joy of unlocking each new piece of content individually. The Olympian resources are made using the Olympian gods, and would not be equal to earning new resources at the new levels.
                        There will be new content on Olympus in future releases as well as new content in the Underworld!
                        Again I completely understand. One content should not crossover.

But that is not the case here. Underworld gods/resources to Underworld base and Olympian gods/resources to Olympian base, that is, if we follow your logic.

Comment

Again I completely understand. One content should not crossover.

But that is not the case here. Underworld gods/resources to Underworld base and Olympian gods/resources to Olympian base, that is, if we follow your logic.
                          We give you the freedom to cross over unlocked features like gods to new content, this does not in any way imply any type of conversion of resources. Hades rules the Underworld and has not permitted any crossover content with the exception of full on attacks!
                          I would personally feel less excited if I couldn’t have the ability to attack underworld content with the gods I had worked so hard to level up. It will take some time for accounts to reach your level but we will release some underworld dev bases for you guys to match with your Olympian content!

Comment

If we didn't want any crossover we'd probably just have released a totally new game: Gods of Olympus 2: Underworld

Basically, we just thought it would be fun to be able to attack underworld cities with normal gods and vice versa. Gives players more battle variety and gives players more to think about when designing their defensive cities, both of which I think are good things.

If you disagree, that is OK. Certainly not everyone is going to agree on what is fun or not.

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
                              If we didn't want any crossover we'd probably just have released a totally new game: Gods of Olympus 2: Underworld

Basically, we just thought it would be fun to be able to attack underworld cities with normal gods and vice versa. Gives players more battle variety and gives players more to think about when designing their defensive cities, both of which I think are good things.

If you disagree, that is OK. Certainly not everyone is going to agree on what is fun or not.

leroy

It seems to me thus wasn’t really thought about it because the gods seems too powerful for underworld bases and very weak to Olympic bases... of white temple is up your gods just die very very quickly and if you go to white before it can suck half of the life of 3, 4 Melee gods...

is it too late to nerf white temple explosion for the update who you guys said it’s coming to fix some bugs?

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post

It seems to me thus wasn’t really thought about it because the gods seems too powerful for underworld bases and very weak to Olympic bases... of white temple is up your gods just die very very quickly and if you go to white before it can suck half of the life of 3, 4 Melee gods...

is it too late to nerf white temple explosion for the update who you guys said it’s coming to fix some bugs?
                                We will be tweaking the relative strength of the underworld bases and underworld gods with respect to the 'normal' world as necessary, and only changing the 'normal' bases and gods as absolutely required.

leroy

Comment

Working...
                                X