Ranking the gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking the gods

When we look at the Gods, their powers, temples, and maybe even their weaknesses here is how I would rank them.
    1. Athena: A true tank god who is so valuable in all phases of the game. Her temple is one of the most widely used by all levels of players because of the strength it adds to the base. Used early in the game and combining her inspiration with other god ultimates allows her to take out critical components of the base.so based upon her defensive attributes and her powers to absorb damage while protecting the other gods she is good both for pushing or bursting.Athena is at the top of the list
    2. Hera: though her temple and houses provide explosive damage her use of the environment is probably in my opinion ranked number 4. Where Hera shines is on the attacking end. As a patron Hera is most used by the big pushers. Again a true tank god put her in front and let her take the brunt of the damage while protecting other gods. Ranked lower by mono style attackers but over all Heras damage keeps her close to top. Would be first if her temple was more of a threat.
    3. Zeus: when putting this list together I would not have thought I would rank Zeus so high. But after thought Zeus has two things going for him that puts him so high. First his temple gives the base a nice bonus and it is targeted early by many to reduce the temple bonus. But most important is his ultimate power. Slowtime allows you to reduce the amount of damage your gods are taking. Anyone who has put zeus down and missed slowtime can tell you how their gods seemingly melted because of their error( I know I can).
    4. Poseidon. The bubbles slow people down but don't add bonuses to troops or towers, yes they do protect things like gorgons which is helpful. Overall as a temple and its environment Poseidon defense is top three against mono players but bottom three against the push. Poseidon though is an exceptional god, good health and strength, water blast is powerful even after it was nerfed, the wave is not used by many as it recharges slowly. Plus Poseidon has the Kraken which can be a real wildcard as its unpredictable yet heavy damage
    5. Hermes: Hermes has been a game changer for many. First his temple and houses boost the speed for troops. Where Hermes excels is his ability to regroup the gods Whether you use a mono attack or a push the regroup is an awesome ability to get your gods out of trouble so they can be used a second time away from the hoard.next hermes is useful with his ability to speed the gods along their route giving them a reduction in damage
    6. Hades; Good defensive temple and environment Hades temple is in the top three or four for pushers to attack but close to the bottom for mono style players. Hades as a god is good for multiple styles of attacking as its Third power cerberus is almost as good as another god. For lower levels I would give Hades a boost in ranking
    7. Ares: Mono style players Ares is higher especially when used as a patron,Ares temple and houses give a general but what I would consider a small boost to the base so I don't see it so much as a defensive temple( not fitting the god of War) Ares though can deal heavy damage to a base especially when you combined him with slowtime(Zeus) and inspiration(Athena) for this reason Ares is generally used early in the attack to maximize damage dealt regardless of your style of attack.
    8. Artemis: another god when used as a patron would give her a big boost. Let's start with her temple gives a boost to towers which can be neutralized by Hera's revenge So yes its a defensive temple but one that can be easily countered. So let's look at her powers, mono attackers have no trouble sacrificing her by only getting one longshot if it helps give them an advantage start, Atemis true power is her spread shot when used as a patron its OP and when used for pushing it is great for crowd control
    9. Apollo: with the temple providing healing powers of the hero it gets a big boost on defense. Apollo was always a top priority to attack by mono players but now more significant for people trying to push a base. Apollo as an attacker has been severely weakened by the mono players because Ody can now injure him from a great distance, Still useful for pushers who can hide him behind their tank to do their push and use his heal to get the tank god out of trouble
    10. Aphrodite. Her temple gives troops a boost so its a plus.where Aphrodite is so lacking especially in the larger accounts is her attacking. As close to useless by the mono as a god can be because her Awe does not affect heroes, and from a pusher standpoint she totally has to hide behind a tank so again her Awe has been reduced. I know, I know just kill the Hero first
    Last edited by Bennett the Bandit; May 24, 2020, 09:24 PM.

Bennett the Bandit So the order of purchasing(for a newbie) should be?
    First five will be Poseidon, Athena, Ares, Hera, and Zeus....right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett the Bandit View Post
      When we look at the Gods, their powers, temples, and maybe even their weaknesses here is how I would rank them.
      1. Athena: A true tank god who is so valuable in all phases of the game. Her temple is one of the most widely used by all levels of players because of the strength it adds to the base. Used early in the game and combining her inspiration with other god ultimates allows her to take out critical components of the base.so based upon her defensive attributes and her powers to absorb damage while protecting the other gods she is good both for pushing or bursting.Athena is at the top of the list
      2. Hera: though her temple and houses provide explosive damage her use of the environment is probably in my opinion ranked number 4. Where Hera shines is on the attacking end. As a patron Hera is most used by the big pushers. Again a true tank god put her in front and let her take the brunt of the damage while protecting other gods. Ranked lower by mono style attackers but over all Heras damage keeps her close to top. Would be first if her temple was more of a threat.
      3. Zeus: when putting this list together I would not have thought I would rank Zeus so high. But after thought Zeus has two things going for him that puts him so high. First his temple gives the base a nice bonus and it is targeted early by many to reduce the temple bonus. But most important is his ultimate power. Slowtime allows you to reduce the amount of damage your gods are taking. Anyone who has put zeus down and missed slowtime can tell you how their gods seemingly melted because of their error( I know I can).
      4. Poseidon. The bubbles slow people down but don't add bonuses to troops or towers, yes they do protect things like gorgons which is helpful. Overall as a temple and its environment Poseidon defense is top three against mono players but bottom three against the push. Poseidon though is an exceptional god, good health and strength, water blast is powerful even after it was nerfed, the wave is not used by many as it recharges slowly. Plus Poseidon has the Kraken which can be a real wildcard as its unpredictable yet heavy damage
      5. Hermes: Hermes has been a game changer for many. First his temple and houses boost the speed for troops. Where Hermes excels is his ability to regroup the gods Whether you use a mono attack or a push the regroup is an awesome ability to get your gods out of trouble so they can be used a second time away from the hoard.next hermes is useful with his ability to speed the gods along their route giving them a reduction in damage
      6. Hades; Good defensive temple and environment Hades temple is in the top three or four for pushers to attack but close to the bottom for mono style players. Hades as a god is good for multiple styles of attacking as its Third power cerberus is almost as good as another god. For lower levels I would give Hades a boost in ranking
      7. Ares: Mono style players Ares is higher especially when used as a patron,Ares temple and houses give a general but what I would consider a small boost to the base so I don't see it so much as a defensive temple( not fitting the god of War) Ares though can deal heavy damage to a base especially when you combined him with slowtime(Zeus) and inspiration(Athena) for this reason Ares is generally used early in the attack to maximize damage dealt regardless of your style of attack.
      8. Artemis: another god when used as a patron would give her a big boost. Let's start with her temple gives a boost to towers which can be neutralized by Hera's revenge So yes its a defensive temple but one that can be easily countered. So let's look at her powers, mono attackers have no trouble sacrificing her by only getting one longshot if it helps give them an advantage start, Atemis true power is her spread shot when used as a patron its OP and when used for pushing it is great for crowd control
      9. Apollo: with the temple providing healing powers of the hero it gets a big boost on defense. Apollo was always a top priority to attack by mono players but now more significant for people trying to push a base. Apollo as an attacker has been severely weakened by the mono players because Ody can now injure him from a great distance, Still useful for pushers who can hide him behind their tank to do their push and use his heal to get the tank god out of trouble
      10. Aphrodite. Her temple gives troops a boost so its a plus.where Aphrodite is so lacking especially in the larger accounts is her attacking. As close to useless by the mono as a god can be because her Awe does not affect heroes, and from a pusher standpoint she totally has to hide behind a tank so again her Awe has been reduced. I know, I know just kill the Hero first
      But all are at the mercy of heros specially odyssey..he kills each gods in 2 or 3 hits so more important is getting him and upgrading him so that you can win defence championship🤣🤣

Use strong red environment and Odysseus then you can defend most of the times👊👊

Comment

Nope,you are way off with your ranking especially with mono in mind. Also Aphrodite isn’t useless, she still can be very effective even for mono players.

Comment

As i repeated many times, hera cant be used as a tank anymore even if she is the patron god. Well.. great job to kill the slowpush.

Comment

Originally posted by Sln View Post
            As i repeated many times, hera cant be used as a tank anymore even if she is the patron god. Well.. great job to kill the slowpush.
            Nope. People are still winning sometimes. Heros are too weak they could be killed in at least 50 % battle by loosing 2 or 3 gods only which is bad..gods are still not enough nerfed . They should kill all of them otherwise heros are useless. Hera still survives few battles so she must be nerfed further. Poseidon without patron still can kill few temples so you can still eliminate few temples first wave. Slowpush still works so I disagree.

Slowpush still works sometimes so defence championship is not working all the time🥺🥺

I still win few battles with slowpush so it works better then you think.

just joking. I agree with you.
            Last edited by Thorr; May 25, 2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sln View Post
              I know you‘ll be angry again but come on now, quite a lot of players use slow push and beat all top bases still. Like umutcan,VIP,Phoenix Zinnias- And all have weaker gods than you. Just adapt to the new normal and stop keeping your offense artificially low.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2 View Post

I know you‘ll be angry again but come on now, quite a lot of players use slow push and beat all top bases still. Like umutcan,VIP,Phoenix Zinnias- And all have weaker gods than you. Just adapt to the new normal and stop keeping your offense artificially low.
                I think you are talking about class players(may be 20%) including you and players like me are ordinary players(remaining 80%). Sln and I played very less together so I wont include her in any league. I play with umut and vip all the time in thc. They are not even trying to attack kitten juice or sln bases. They simply surrender without dropping even a single god. So I need to recheck if they attack at all on those bases.
                Last edited by Thorr; May 25, 2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Bennett the Bandit you're going to make Leroy mad putting down his buddy Apollo. Two more updates and Apollo will probably be a tank that can heal twice and shoot arrows in all directions like Arty.

and still nobody will use him for Patron.

Comment

VIP never surrenders,in fact he is the only one who beat me so far ( well,he had enough time to spar I guess), I drop to Umutcan and he is kind enough to not rev me.
                    Also @ Sln, can we stop this nonsense now and can you let Sado rev again?

Comment

Originally posted by Goob View Post
                      Bennett the Bandit you're going to make Leroy mad putting down his buddy Apollo. Two more updates and Apollo will probably be a tank that can heal twice and shoot arrows in all directions like Arty.

and still nobody will use him for Patron.
                      Flaming arrows like arte spreadshot🤣🤣 it will be real mono because we can from just 1 god and kill any base🤣🤣

Comment

VIP never surrenders,in fact he is the only one who beat me so far ( well,he had enough time to spar I guess), I drop to Umutcan and he is kind enough to not rev me.
                        Also @ Sln, can we stop this nonsense now and can you let Sado rev again?

These players dont use Hera as patron, but Ares. Maybe you say Ares too OP. With current hera that is not possible.

Comment

Nah Ares isn’t OP, they just have max patron whirlwind to clear a wide path. Good luck ww a Poseidon temple in its environment.

Comment

Nope,you are way off with your ranking especially with mono in mind. Also Aphrodite isn’t useless, she still can be very effective even for mono players.
                            Did not have a specific attack style in mind just overall considering the gods strength, health and powers and their defense with a temple. I’m using Aphrodite now as a sacrifice instead of Artemis so I’m finding some use for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Aditya Atre View Post
                              Bennett the Bandit So the order of purchasing(for a newbie) should be?
                              First five will be Poseidon, Athena, Ares, Hera, and Zeus....right?
                              If I was to start a new account my first five would be. Zeus. He’s given anyway, Hera, Poseidon Athena and Artemis (or Hades). You can use multiple styles of attack with that group

TYSM
                              Bennett
                              Last edited by Bennett the Bandit; May 25, 2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X