Who will be the final 2 gods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the final 2 gods?

I'm currently reading Mythos from Steven Fry which is AWESOME, and he is retelling the stories of the Greek myths, and it has been making me think and wonder how the developers will incorporate the final 2 gods into the game.

There are 12 Olympian gods, currently we have 10 gods, but Hades is not a god of Olympus because he is a god of the underworld. So we have 9 Olympians, which means that there are 3 left to choose from.

I thought it might be fun to introduce the remaining 3 gods, and speculate what their temple/house powers might be.

Demeter goddess of agriculture, harvest and sacred law. - She is the goddess of farming so over time buildings adjacent to her house get stronger, they grow and the longer the battle goes on for the stronger the buildings get.

Hephaestus is the god is smithing, craftsmanship, and volcanoes - he might be another unit specific house, where he provides armour to the units similar to Poseidons bubble.

Hestia goddess of the hearth. She is the god of homes, families and domestic life. - Maybe her houses boost the power of houses that they are adjacent to. It might make an Ares house boost for more damage or make Apollo houses heal more etc.

It will be interesting to see which 2 gods they pick for the remaining positions in the final 12. I think Hephaestus is a sure thing since he is an armourer it fits the theme of a battling game, which would make either Hestia or Demeter to get the final spot.
    Houses are a big part of base building, so maybe the god of houses would get the final spot but I guess we will see.

"Legion of Tartarus". They're so hot right now

Do you forget dionysus?

Comment

Originally posted by Demeter View Post
      Do you forget dionysus?
      Demeter seems to be in all the lists, where in some there will be either Hestia or Dionysus.

The 12 gods are composed of
      5 Children of Chronos and Rhea
      Zeus, Hera, Demeter, Hestia, Poseidon. (Hades is not an Olympian because he resides in the underworld)

6 Children of Zeus
      Ares, Apollo, Artemis, Hermes, Athena, Hephaestus

and Aphrodite - Chronos (Father of Zeus) defeated his own father Uranus by chopping off his genitals and throwing them far away, where they landed his seed spilled on the ground and Aphrodite spawned as a result.

Some accounts have Dionysus instead of Hestia, Dionysus being another bastard son of Zeus, but I am not up to that part of the book yet.

I was just reading that some say Hestia may have stepped down from her position, she may have been replaced because she is god of homes there aren't many stories about her.

Comment

No worry, I think this game will have 14 gods.
        Now we have 10 gods. One year One god. Long time will be done.

Comment

Haha same post has wound up on the forums repeatedly for a long time
          forum.godsofolympus.com/forum/general/35987-twelve-olympians

Comment

Last god is Hermes launch at october 2018 , now end of may 2020. Nearly 2 years still not have new god.

I think we should have new god before october 2020

Comment

Iā€™m guessing Hephaestus is next. Personally I want to see a drunken Dyonesis staggering around the map pied pipering troops away from the defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Demeter View Post
                No worry, I think this game will have 14 gods.
                Now we have 10 gods. One year One god. Long time will be done.
                No that would be blasphemous! Got to be 12 gods of Olympus only! šŸ˜‚

Comment

Originally posted by Aditya Atre View Post
                  Haha same post has wound up on the forums repeatedly for a long time
                  forum.godsofolympus.com/forum/general/35987-twelve-olympians
                  Oopsie daisy šŸ˜‚ I think that probably happens on the forums we just go around full circle... if you remembered that, then you have a good memory

Comment

Originally posted by Hossenpheffer View Post
                    Iā€™m guessing Hephaestus is next. Personally I want to see a drunken Dyonesis staggering around the map pied pipering troops away from the defenses.
                    Hephaestus would be good, I just learned that he married Aphrodite. Poor bugger has a sad story, but we need another melee god I think. The higher ratio of ranged to melee gods, the less useful Hera houses become, and another tanky god would be good.

Comment

Or another troop spawning god.

Comment

Originally posted by Madcarrot View Post

Hephaestus would be good, I just learned that he married Aphrodite. Poor bugger has a sad story, but we need another melee god I think. The higher ratio of ranged to melee gods, the less useful Hera houses become, and another tanky god would be good.
                        Yea dude Hephaestus would be good with a giant sledge hammer, with such negligible range he's basically a melee (like Poseidon). Since he works in the heart of volcanoes and spends his time hammering in forges, he has go be kinda bulky and strong.This can be balanced by making him a bit slower due to his mismatched legs and leg braces....

1st ability: Sabotage... Messes up all enemy machinery for a considerable amount of time
                        2nd ability:Pyro Storm... Storm of fire around his mace doing AOE damage and burning damage to all hit by it, also makes Hephaestus immune to fire and arrow damags for time being
                        3rd ability: Volcanic Eruption...Gigantic Flaming Boulders and Magma rain onto the city as lava oozes out of the ground and damaged all enemies and their buildings that come in contact

His assist troops would be Automatons, like robot kinda creatures made outta bronze, and resistant to fire, and being charmed and kinda bulky...

His temple and houses could provide a Fire aura(lasts 10 secs after triggered, with a cooldown timer) to buildings, meaning all troops/gods near it will take some amount of damage(not like OP amounts,but enough to finish off one skeleton fleet in 5-6 seconds)
                        OR the House and Temple could boost all machinery(greek fire tower, archimedes tower, ballista) and give them a Fire Aura.
                        His monument will release Automatons(duh).

Here are some weapon ideas:-
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ4oA5WLVzFOiH_xaKPSs_7PQHsADBq4FPc6TBnMSERepOKgmwb&usqp=CAU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	44403Click image for larger version  Name:	images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQBvfnCfB_WRc2188T8Zdk2kkpkINSBsmfVAk3i5cK4bsmQ2py2&usqp=CAU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.5 KB ID:	44404Click image for larger version  Name:	340?cb=20130704223534.png Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	44405
                        Last edited by Aditya Atre; May 23rd, 2020, 12:28 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Relating him to fire would be ok idea, other than the fact that we already have Apollo who does similar skills. So we have to be careful not to become repetitive. Although I think it might be a great idea to add Volcanic Eruption, or fire related skill, as ultimate ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Markers View Post
                            Relating him to fire would be ok idea, other than the fact that we already have Apollo who does similar skills. So we have to be careful not to become repetitive. Although I think it might be a great idea to add Volcanic Eruption, or fire related skill, as ultimate ability.
                            Yea can't do much bout apollo, but he's got his sun god gig, so not exactly repetition, but I agree with what you say....
                            Still gotta put in fire for Hephaestus, since he is the god of blacksmiths and forges, so repetition or not, he can't do nothing without fire

Comment

I mean, he could have his ultimate related to fire, that would be amazing to watch. But his first and second skill can be based upon his strength in building mechanical things I guess. Like building a tank, or something along that line.

Comment

Working...
                              X