Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion of assists only when a god is on the field

Hi there,

i am interested in your experience with this change. I agree with the basic idea to avoid too much damage by assisters but instead of empty fields we probably will see gods running around the field while assisters attack temples. For assisters a lot of fun is lost with the update.

What are your alliance members think about this change? In my alliance the members are very dissatisfied with this new regulation behause helping now means looking on gray icons, waiting for a god, help a little, looking on gray icons... that is not the fun we had before.

Thanks for answers and please ignore failures in writing - my german spelling correction is terrible )
    Koma

Hi,
    In my guild many disagree with this feature and are stopping the game because of that.
    I think it can bring new strategies to the assister, because he can't waste his assist anymore. Maybe it will be better to use the assist unit from the patron god to have a buffed assist. Maybe use Hades as patron god because many players are droping skeletons while assisting. But it's of course less interest to help if your gods aren't strong enough... and we will see many gods going through the whole base like chickens so they aren't hit but they can be assisted. (I see it right now)

Comment

I absolutely love that and will defend. No god no assist made my battles much better. And I think it’s making everyone battles more fair.
      it didn’t changed anything of the fun in assist to me, I’m assisting the way I used to be on my teammates, whether they are monopods or slowpushers

Comment

Too early to say for sure, spent the evening testing the different patron options and have settled on ares, really had high hopes for Athena, but alas...

my first burst seems to be taking way more damage than before due to the slow time nerf, but it was expected. On the whole, still learning what can and can't be done anymore, expect a bit more pain before they feel familiar again. Still think it's a good update though.

Comment

The best update that has come out in this game. In attack it was complicated, but in our alliance we adapted the help mode and we were able to solve the problem of not being able to help when there are no gods in the attack map. And with respect to defenses, we also adapt our way of helping in defenses. very happy with this update.

Comment

In my opinion, this had to be done. Regardless who likes it or not. It removed so many unfair plays that attackers might "strategically" plan out.

Comment

It is definitely a pushers update! Pushers get a buffed assisters so they can’t be touched. As if Hera wasn’t strong enough now she gets buffed?
              So enjoy the update pushers. This game is getting to be where only one strategy is acceptable. I can’t use my alternate device to to move troops or finish a wounded temple. Totally unfair!!! So to enjoy the game I’m dropping I’ve said many times trophies don’t matter, growing does so I’m going to grow. Sorry about the base for those who hit it, it’s just I don’t give a *#@% right now

Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by Markers View Post
                In my opinion, this had to be done. Regardless who likes it or not. It removed so many unfair plays that attackers might "strategically" plan out.
                Originally posted by Bennett the Bandit View Post
                I can’t use my alternate device to to move troops or finish a wounded temple. Totally unfair!!!:
                I think you made Markers' point. You're saying it's "unfair" that you're unable to use a second device to accomplish tasks. Those who play using only one device may disagree.
                Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett the Bandit View Post
                  It is definitely a pushers update! Pushers get a buffed assisters so they can’t be touched. As if Hera wasn’t strong enough now she gets buffed?
                  So enjoy the update pushers. This game is getting to be where only one strategy is acceptable. I can’t use my alternate device to to move troops or finish a wounded temple. Totally unfair!!! So to enjoy the game I’m dropping I’ve said many times trophies don’t matter, growing does so I’m going to grow. Sorry about the base for those who hit it, it’s just I don’t give a *#@% right now

Bandit
                  It’s a fair update, I still can see many monogods adjusted their attacks and are winning battles out there. Like every update everyone is adjusting their attacks, dropping a little to climb up later.

like you said, you are not able anymore to bring troops away with a second device, and that’s the right thing to happen, YOU are the attacker so the one who should won the battle is YOU and not that you won because assisters bring the troops away.

Comment

I think people need to read again the update because they are just talking non sense. First of all, the last updates have been 100% to the advantage of monogod players with regroup and keeping athena inspiration after regroup. With the introduction of gorgons the game has been tough on slow pushes and again favoring monogod as a faster way. That was leading to one path monogod if you wanted to rank up on the leaderboard.
                    This update doesnt really favor any side, it has just reduced the monogod overpowering attacks, bases are much tougher now on slow push and with slowtime nerfed by 10% gods are taking way more damage so again they reduced the ability of hermes. Yes monogod has become much harder but why? Because you dont have anymore minions jumping in and finishing temples left and right, so im happy with it. Like i can beat bases by myself any players should be able to do it and to reply to those who think assisters should finish temples, assisters are there to protect the gods in the battle and not win for the attacker. Yes sometimes we take out a temple when time is running out but it shouldnt be systematic. Everyone is losing some attacks but we all adapt, there is a way for everything and if you cant find a way then that means you are weak and should stay down to your level or lower.
                    When i lose i dont blame the game or the assisters, it means my attack was bad and i learn from it. A good attacker isnt someone who never loses its a player who learn from his mistake and doesnt lose again to the same base.

Comment

Regarding assist only when gods are on the battle thats the best update ever. Assisters are there to support and assist the gods by defending them. Why would they be on the ground otherwise? I think the devs made the assisters the biggest gift they now dont have to tents in corners or finish temples, they just do their jobs and defend gods. Rongkong Koma during a slow push attack the assisters can drop over 90% of the time so im taking it that the players in your alli who are disatisfied are monogod players.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your responses. I know the previous updates made it harder for slow push players and that‘s why I currently use both tactics depending on the base I have to fight against. I agree with you that the mono tactic was preferred too much and maybe this was the only way to change this.

Of course monogod players are not happy with this update but the assisting fun was the real topic in the alli. You are right, it was the first impression and I am excited how it continues.

Good luck for your attacks - as long as it isn‘t my base

Comment

This was a loooooooooong time in coming. I love this update. I have been asking for this for what seems an eternity.( From when zeus was inside Kronos's stomach). After nearly 4 months I have attacked on my account. It's a fair update. And I disagree that it hampers mono god strategy. It just hampers assists from doing your job.

A bit more about the patron gods wud be appreciated. It took me a while to figure it out. I'm sure a lot of people still have doubts.

So the tldr is I am all for this update

Comment

Nectar is the most important thing in the game and they are nerfing the only way through which you can earn nectar. Disappointed!
                            Game is already slow because of only 4 attacks & everything's so costly. Very disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by Super View Post
                              Nectar is the most important thing in the game and they are nerfing the only way through which you can earn nectar. Disappointed!
                              Game is already slow because of only 4 attacks & everything's so costly. Very disappointed
                              Defense allows assist drops at all times, and the amount of time with no gods on a battlefield in offense should generally be pretty minimal.

Comment

Working...
                              X