Reverse Challenge Fakeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With regards to this particular issue, my thoughts are:

- Yes, I think it would be better if we had some sort of event UI indicators in the events when things were boosted/crippled, because right now you don't really know this is happening until you go into the battle. (We made a minor in-game change for this in 3.7, but probably the event UI indicator is the best thing we could do here eventually... but that won't happen until 3.8 at best-- more likely 3.9 because 3.8 will likely be a very small balance tweak release if history is a good indicator)
    - It is a pretty minor issue IMO. It seems reasonably easy to figure out what is going on here in this event, so I guess personally a little surprised that Fritz is 'disappointed', just because it does seem pretty minor. But whatever, not offended by the post. It has substance and validity and fixing it would indeed improve the game.

Generally speaking, I'm just happy when people post things that don't unreasonably attack me or the game in amorphous asinine ways. Because Fritz is usually pretty friendly and intelligent, I like having him around.

leroy

Comment

No, don't stop posting the bugs, we need all types. But this one was a little funny.

You're one of the few whose contributions I regularly enjoy, even if we may sometimes disagree.

Nice challenge CASTIEL, the arty round was especially funny, but Apollo takes the cake!

Comment

Originally posted by NalzN View Post
        No, don't stop posting the bugs, we need all types. But this one was a little funny.

You're one of the few whose contributions I regularly enjoy, even if we may sometimes disagree.

Nice challenge CASTIEL, the arty round was especially funny, but Apollo takes the cake!
        I can’t take credit for the challenge, but am happy you enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by CASTIEL View Post

I can’t take credit for the challenge, but am happy you enjoyed it
          For sure a good one, we have had a lot of breakout lately. They are fun but too many 😜, curious, how long does it take to make and complete these weekly challenges Usually?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien View Post

For sure a good one, we have had a lot of breakout lately. They are fun but too many 😜, curious, how long does it take to make and complete these weekly challenges Usually?
            The challenge creators do invest a lot of time and hard work in creating each challenge, and it does take a large amount of effort to put them out on such a consistent basis. I’m sure the positive reception of the new challenge means a great deal to everyone involved.

Comment

The challenge creators do invest a lot of time and hard work in creating each challenge, and it does take a large amount of effort to put them out on such a consistent basis. I’m sure the positive reception of the new challenge means a great deal to everyone involved.
              That’s nice, I personally like all the challenges, but yeah whenever it’s a new topic it’s more fun as not sure what to expect. But lol I get it takes creative idea and hard to come up with.

Comment

I was talking about people who talks about bugs and faults CONSTANTLY in a BAD MANNERED way. Like "I'm sick and tired of ...." "It's pointless to talk about...." and etc. But I guess we're all trying to enjoy this game in our own way at the end of the day. Just try to keep it polite, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                  Are you referring to the unseen armor that is on all buildings on high challenge levels? The armor that YOU claimed in another thread did NOT exist before Leroy responded and told you there IS unseen armor on buildings on later levels? If so, the issue on THIS challenge appears to be boosted gods, not unseen armor. When gods are boosted, they are ALWAYS shown with their boosted stats on the main screen. Until now. So no change would be necessary.
                  LOL
                  As I stated, my response was about your assumption of the development teams intent, which is wildly misleading and completely false

Comment

LOL
                    As I stated, my response was about your assumption of the development teams intent, which is wildly misleading and completely false
                    Not looking to prolong the thread, but just want to clarify that we are have always been talking about two different things. My complaint and "assumptions about intent" were all about NOT showing the boost. Your responses always implied that I'm complaining about the design of the challenge itself or its lack of difficulty. Thinking the early levels had boosted gods (not knowing if negative armor was possible), I simply assumed a possible motive to hide something that is normally shown. If it is indeed a negative armor on buildings, which seems more likely now due to Leroy's reply, then there is currently no way to show it, but may be in the future as Leroy calmly pointed out.
                    Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Not looking to prolong the thread, but just want to clarify that we are have always been talking about two different things. My complaint and "assumptions about intent" were all about NOT showing the boost. Your responses always implied that I'm complaining about the design of the challenge itself or its lack of difficulty. Thinking the early levels had boosted gods (not knowing if negative armor was possible), I simply assumed a possible motive to hide something that is normally shown. If it is indeed a negative armor on buildings, which seems more likely now due to Leroy's reply, then there is currently no way to show it, but may be in the future as Leroy calmly pointed out.
                      This is exactly what I explained, both the question of intent and an adjustment indicator that can’t be shown without an update so I really don’t understand either reply.

Comment

I was optimistic for it, but it makes little sense. An example:

2nd Round
                        Hera
                        Strength 63 = 2487
                        Absorbing 62 = +81%

2487*1.81 = 4501

Temples look maxed so 64000. Or something close to it. Yet she can almost destroy a temple with one hit. So she's basically doing nearly 60000 damage when she's supposed to do 4501. Wtf? Not as advertised at all. Either all gods are tremendously boosted or all buildings have negative invisible armor on them. Incredibly misleading and I assume it's so the low levels will see how monstrously overpowering the gods can become if they stick with the game (even though the gods in the regular game are nowhere near as strong). Disappointing.
                        I like getting easy challenges! The higher levels I can achieve, the more gold I collect.
                        I'm only an average player. I need all the help I can get.

Comment

Working...
                        X