Do you want some cheese with that whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want some cheese with that whine

A few questions about the new update. You can no longer assist your alliance mates before gods have been dropped. Is this a true no gods no assists change? Can you drop troops after the battle has been started if there are no gods on the battlefield? Hera’s wrath is no longer boosted on absorb. Why not nerf her revenge also?
    It seems like this update is to pacify the high level pushers. You just severely downgraded the strategies that mono players use. Get ready for a name change because if the update effects me like I believe it will you just created a whole new group of farmers.

Old MacDonald (I have a farm now)

I saw wine and came in 🥂🍷
    In regards to the no dropping while gods not on the field, I believe it should have been at least limited and not ALL troops. I like to get 1 drop of troops at one point to set things off instead of 1 god taking the brunt of everything.
    I also think the no ZAP at the beginning is going to be a game changer for some cities. (Cant ZAP as no gods on the field?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett the Bandit View Post
      A few questions about the new update. You can no longer assist your alliance mates before gods have been dropped. Is this a true no gods no assists change? Can you drop troops after the battle has been started if there are no gods on the battlefield? Hera’s wrath is no longer boosted on absorb. Why not nerf her revenge also?
      It seems like this update is to pacify the high level pushers.
      I assume it's not gods no assists because many have been vocally desirous of that. No assisting before ANY gods drop basically just prevents zapping of decorations, which no one has asked for without blanket no god no assists as part of the package. Thekiddie gave some tidbits (that smacky summarized) but some of it was quite cryptic so unless a dev chimes in, we'll have to wait and see.

Everyone admits monogod is strong now. Many are changing their style to take advantage of this. Why is an attempt (I assume) to weaken monogod seen as pacifying high level pushers? Isn't it an attempt to balance out the two styles and make neither superior to the other? Hermes broke the game and they're trying to fix it (without nerfing Hermes for some strange reason).

Originally posted by BuBBlez View Post
      I saw wine and came in 🥂🍷
      In regards to the no dropping while gods not on the field, I believe it should have been at least limited and not ALL troops. I like to get 1 drop of troops at one point to set things off instead of 1 god taking the brunt of everything.
      I like when no defenders show up. It doesn't matter what we like! :-D Dropping troops to absorb damage of ballistas and gorgons is what you like and surely what they want to prevent (if it is indeed no gods no assists).
      Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Your title should say "can I have some cheese with my whine" your just doing the same as what you criticize others for. Your now worried that you might actually have to win battles on your own, heaven forbid that a game requires you to win something by your own skill, my God what are the devs thinking? The good mono attackers wont be too worried about the update as they will adapt their game as will all other styles, I've seen some lvl 100 to lvl 110 moaning that they will no longer be able to beat lvl 130+, good that's what should happen. If you/they want to quit the game because assisters cant win the game for you now then please shut the door on the way out. Hopefully no one quits and everyone is more active on the game it sure needs it.

Comment

This is a lot of changes at once, but patron God is going to offset some of the Def buffs, I hope. Panicked when I saw it yesterday, but looking forward to it now.

there seems to be some confusion over whether no gods no assist is just at the start or throughout the battle. The assumption is it's just at the start, but clarification would be welcome.

Maybe start delaying slow time a teensy bit, like after first one or 2 temples are down, or ideally, till just before regroup. I beat reapers base yesterday with no slow time for most of the battle, only activated it on zeus's second drop, on the second last temple, so going to keep practicing to see how far I can push it. Also Athena has no changes, so if inspiration is still up after regroup, can have an Athena, hera, arty combo on some bases, with Athena and arty dropping on the closest temple to whatever hera is hitting, then hera blast so she gets the inspiration bomb, and an inspiration Longshot on another temple. If slow time is still up, and you add patron ares or poseidon to the mix, we'll be able to do some major damage.

Sad about invisibility though, charm will only benefit the pushers, but hey, at least we have inspired sunstrike now - just imagine the possibilities with it
          Last edited by NalzN; June 24th, 2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Actually, I have an idea for Apollo too, drop him in the corner you want tented, if it's no gods no assist throughout the battle, and use him to heal the patron God. And of course rock his sunstrike there, cause nobody puts baby in the corner!!

Comment

It seems like this update is to pacify the high level pushers. You just severely downgraded the strategies that mono players use. Get ready for a name change because if the update effects me like I believe it will you just created a whole new group of farmers.

Old MacDonald (I have a farm now)
              It’s about time the devs do something to balance this game. Players like you have been abusing the system for more than 3 years now... relying on assisters to win battles for you.
              Like Rich said, pushers will also be affected, not just monogod style so why do you keep on whining? It’s gonna be a fair game for everyone.

And yeah, its about time you change your name... doesn’t suit your style. Bandit?? Reallly??.. all you do is hide while your assists do the dirty work for you. 😂

Comment

Anyone who has really assisted me knows that I don’t rely on assisters to win the battle for me. Many many times I come on with just my alternate account and battle. Oh by the way snake eater both of my accounts are top 100 as are many in the top 100 with multiple accounts. You don’t really know me so don’t act like you do. And Rich you do know me so you should know better. And I noticed that my questions haven’t been answered. I don’t need a bunch of assistance but it would be nice if I had the ability to use my alternate the way I currently do.

Bandit

Comment

Bandit I believe the attackers assisters will only be allowed to assist while Gods are present on the battlefield. A developer can correct me if I am wrong.

The update hasn’t been released yet and already there is negative remarks. When it’s released play it, assess it, then give feedback.

I think this update will bring some much needed changes (in a positive way).

Chris

Comment

I will do that Chris. I will wait and give feedback after I see how it effects me and my strategy. I know I have focused primarily on one aspect of how I believe it will change the game. Maybe some of the changes will actually work out to my benefit. There are only 8 people that I have never been able to take down their bases (6 but two of those I only beat because their bases were nerfed). I don’t expect that it will affect me as much as others because I pretty much only go revenges that I can scout and easy. I do see why there needs to be some balance as to why some of the good attackers( I’m only average and I acknowledge that) can take down bases 15 plus levels. Maybe the defensive side of this update will also stop some of those who are a lower level and push to stop all that childish behavior by dancing on a higher level. So until the update comes out and can be evaluated Peace Out.

Bandit

Comment

Anyone who has really assisted me knows that I don’t rely on assisters to win the battle for me. Many many times I come on with just my alternate account and battle. Oh by the way snake eater both of my accounts are top 100 as are many in the top 100 with multiple accounts. You don’t really know me so don’t act like you do. And Rich you do know me so you should know better. And I noticed that my questions haven’t been answered. I don’t need a bunch of assistance but it would be nice if I had the ability to use my alternate the way I currently do.

Bandit
                      It doesn’t matter if you’re a top 100 player. Credit should go to your alliance mates. I’ve seen your attacks many times so I know what Im sayin.

And if you can really win without relying on your allies to take down temples for you while you fix your sandwich, the NO GODS NO ASSISTS update shouldn’t concern u at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X