Apollo's alliance support heal is lame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo's alliance support heal is lame

what a waste, heals an ally god for maybe 10%.

I don't think assisters should be able to completely heal Ares every 10 seconds. While the amount is small, think of it this way. You don't heal a small percentage of a god's health. You heal a certain amount. Therefore, it's much more noticeable on the more fragile gods. If a slow pusher has a near dead artemis, a few heals make a huge difference.

Also, heal is great on defense. Especially when defending lower levels as you can heal a large portion of a temple's health.
    Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

What I hate most about heal is that ur gets wasted, it takes for ever to heal and by that time the temple is already destroyed and it goes to waste how about it going to another structure. Troops get spawned to a close building when it gets destroyed so I think heal shouldn’t get wasted 🤷🏻*♀️
      A fun,active alliance Genesis 😊 Try us out

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetmai View Post
        What I hate most about heal is that ur gets wasted, it takes for ever to heal and by that time the temple is already destroyed and it goes to waste how about it going to another structure. Troops get spawned to a close building when it gets destroyed so I think heal shouldn’t get wasted 🤷🏻*♀️
        We discussed this long ago. I support it as I did then. Actually, I support the heal just happening quickly instead of lagging out and spinning for infinity. Dunno how it works internally, but assisting should take precedence. If I drop a troop, that message should be IMMEDIATELY transmitted to the server to get my troops dropped. Same with heal. Even if I'm 30 seconds behind the action with a slow device, why should I have to wait 5 seconds (or at all) for that heal to go down? Yeah, I lag and things are slow and I'm behind the action, but whatever the app waits for before it allows the heal to go down...just...why? Would love to know how it works and why, apparently, this is not possible.
        Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post

We discussed this long ago. I support it as I did then. Actually, I support the heal just happening quickly instead of lagging out and spinning for infinity. Dunno how it works internally, but assisting should take precedence. If I drop a troop, that message should be IMMEDIATELY transmitted to the server to get my troops dropped. Same with heal. Even if I'm 30 seconds behind the action with a slow device, why should I have to wait 5 seconds (or at all) for that heal to go down? Yeah, I lag and things are slow and I'm behind the action, but whatever the app waits for before it allows the heal to go down...just...why? Would love to know how it works and why, apparently, this is not possible.
          You do immediately send that message to the server. And it quickly happens for the primary player. But it happens 30 seconds later for you because you are 30 seconds behind the action.

Your assist recharge doesn't begin again until the assist actually happens for you. From a user perspective, this makes what is going on very, very clear. There is absolutely no user confusion, ever. If we allowed you to fire off, say, 10 sets of troops because you are 3 minutes behind the action, you'll have all these 10 groups of spinning circles where troops may one day appear with possibly some bouncing around due to buildings getting destroyed and other assisters doing assists (which can change the number of circles) and so on. It very quickly looks like a buggy mess, even though it might be 'technically' completely correct. There would be a lot of confusion around troops not getting dropped even before you could drop your next set of troops.

Furthermore, this is complicated more because the amount of time for an assist recharge (in addition to the strength of your assist power/troops), depends on how many other assisters there are on your team. So this changes as the game goes on. So the amount of time you need to recharge after your first assist (say 5 seconds) might be different after 24 of your teammates have dropped troops as well (say it might then be 8 seconds). (Note that we could possibly work around this with a bunch of complicated code that peeks into the future).

Anyway, I don't see this changing anytime soon. Rewriting how this works is nowhere near the top of the priority list, and it would only really affect players that lag significantly. What kind of device are you using anyway that lags so much still? There were a lot of performance changes in this last release (as well as that VFX slider which probably helps some devices more than others).

leroy

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetmai View Post
            We could possibly make it move to another structure. I have always just thought of that aspect of heal just being something to consider before using it. If something looks to be going down quickly I don't use it. If it is damaged but not actively being attacked I might.

leroy

Comment

Thanks Leroy. It makes more sense now. The consensus with the laggers in my alliance is that the VFX slider did nothing for lag, but it did seem to help with disconnects. I had one disconnect since the VFX slider was introduced and I had forgotten to slide it down...lol.

Recharge time changes with the number of assisters? Did anyone else know that? I know the strength and number of troops changes but I never knew the recharge time changed as well. Does the size of base affect the recharge time? It seems it takes about 6 seconds to recharge on a small base and about 10 on a large base. Curious if lag causes that or if that's just how it is.

My device is some RCA piece of garbage. Barely a step up from those kids tablets pre-loaded with Chinese spyware. So I know I will lag. It's just the severity that staggers me.

Comment

Working...
              X