Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devs, what are your views on burst as an attack style?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can burst good.. Feel free to join Royal Bloodline!
    Maybe we can learn a thing or two from you..

Comment

Haha smack, see you soon, say hi to zero, and God and spy an Bo and all the rest it'll take to long to mention

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
        Again, thanks Leroy for the clarification.

limiting styles of play, would make the game monotonous, irrespective of the individual attack style.

not being able to heal a temple without a god on the field would actually help burst more than push, but still don't think it's a good idea. Assisters want to feel like we're having an impact on the end result, otherwise why assist?

yes, everyone should be able to win on their own in an ideal world, but we've all had a shocking day here and there, and that's when assistance adds the most value. And sometimes, levels are so skewed on battle match-ups and revs that, the changes you're proposing will just lead to surrenders without even really trying .

I'm one of the handful of players that only play on normal, (main account is level 101 and I sit around the 700 trophy mark), so often have to go up against players 10and 20 levels higher. And yes, I need assistance , sometimes hardly any, and sometimes alot. The changes you're proposing will force the few players who still attack on normal, to have no choice but to drop to easy.

so no, 100% against the no gods, no assist option, unless it only applies to the easy mode of play.

changing AI behavior is playing with fire, but if you guys can get it right ,you'll be one of the first of these types of games to pull it off. Think it'd lead to more problems than solutions though.
        You should be proud of yourself on being lv 101 and having trophy around 7000, that's really high. But doing normal all the time doesn't make you special. Someone at your level may be doing easy battle but their opponent's bases are similar defensive trophy you beat. At that case there are no difference. Just he has extra 250 offensive trophy.

We are already in that ideal world. Just people don't realise if they have been receiving assisted, it will take some defeat in solo game until they can win on their own again. People like you doing normal mode have option to do a easy mode and get a definitely beatable base.

Even now changing the AI behaviour, it doesn't mean you can't do your burst style again, just your burst style won't be able to beat as high level as you used to beat. If that really happen, just after some defeats your burst style will work the magic again against some bases with lower defensive trophy.

Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
        yes, everyone should be able to win on their own in an ideal world, but we've all had a shocking day here and there, and that's when assistance adds the most value. And sometimes, levels are so skewed on battle match-ups and revs that, the changes you're proposing will just lead to surrenders without even really trying .
        So this won't happen forever, rebalance always follow with sequently victories and defeats for players. The change won't make people keep surrendering and reach 0 offensive trophy.

If you can only beat an empty base which all troops run far away from you, that just tell the fact you hate to or can't handle spawners. Still same old words, spawners are part of the defence system but corner-tenting disable its function easily. It's one of the only two defence system (towers and troops). Assisters who are no protagonist of the offensive side shouldn't be making this huge influence.

Comment

[QUOTE=leroy;n33673]

In my opinion, I would say generally that the more styles of attack the better. So I would say of course this is a reasonable strategy.

I am not in favor of 'removing corner tenting'. Put tents in the corner as much as you want. I am in favor of disallowing all assists when there are no gods on the map, per reasons mentioned in other thread.

I have no strongly held feelings at all about whether or not the defending troops should be 'smarter'. I'm open to changing defensive troop behavior. Though in my experience with most games, trying to make the troops too smart often tends to backfire in subtle ways, and frankly they are never going to do some sort of 'optimal' defensive behavior and are always at some point going to do something which a player would consider stupid.

leroy

I hope you make it so alliance assist powers are inactive unless there is a god on the battle field. Total logic, a gods presence and there almighty power makes assisters available if they show their face, not hiding in the clouds.

leroy Pulling troops with one one god is still possible but the “no god no assistance “ is the most reasonable fix. Thank you

Comment

on completely unrelated matter..if every post now and then get deleted for simply a moderator get offended by some tagging then this site will become more of a graveyard than its already is.. we are brain-storming new ideas here and contradiction will bound to be happen. we have full authority to defend our view same as other have the right to criticize us.
            A lone wolf in the woods

Comment

only allowing troops tobe placed while gods are on the field is totally unfair. all your doing is taking away an option for bursters, I go solo alot but really I go solo with my mini. I may need a zap to start the battle. I may need to put a tent up to move troops. I may need to drop skeletons to finish a wounded temple. Someone can come on with 7 or more mates and push and the assisters do all the work. but your going to deprive me of a few drops. I wont say im quitting if you change the rules in the midle of the game but your making it easier if you do. I stayed away from forum for so long because i felt the devs were putting some before others (here it comes post deleted), I know they need to fix flaws but when someone invest their resources a certain way it seems hardly fair to change the rules. how about this during a battle you only get a certain number of assists (say 500) . right totally unfair

The Original Bandit

Comment

Honestly the “no god no assist” thought should have been the way to go from the start of the game. Shatterables can maybe serve a purpose rather than being zapped away.

If if this happens adapt and overcome just like we do with everything else that happens in this game.

Bandit, you are a smart player and good attacker, I am honestly saying you will do fine if this happens.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Smacky View Post
                  If you can burst good.. Feel free to join Royal Bloodline!
                  Maybe we can learn a thing or two from you..
                  You don’t burst, you corner tent and still lose lmao 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett the Bandit View Post
                    only allowing troops tobe placed while gods are on the field is totally unfair. all your doing is taking away an option for bursters, I go solo alot but really I go solo with my mini. I may need a zap to start the battle. I may need to put a tent up to move troops. I may need to drop skeletons to finish a wounded temple. Someone can come on with 7 or more mates and push and the assisters do all the work. but your going to deprive me of a few drops. I wont say im quitting if you change the rules in the midle of the game but your making it easier if you do. I stayed away from forum for so long because i felt the devs were putting some before others (here it comes post deleted), I know they need to fix flaws but when someone invest their resources a certain way it seems hardly fair to change the rules. how about this during a battle you only get a certain number of assists (say 500) . right totally unfair

The Original Bandit
                    Agreed. This change seems to favor the highest level bases which makes sense that the devs favor some before others. I think a change needs to be made but something else can be done to only fix corner tenting problem. There are times when people (typically lower level players) join an alliance and assistance changes their outlook on the game. helping others win by snagging that low health temple so that they can use their last God on the last temple and actually win the battle or rewatching attacks on your base to figure out how to ward off assisting troops or making that initial zap that an attacker needs-these are all things that make the game fun. By changing to no gods no assists would take some of this fun away which is the opposite of what I think the debate is about.

War Hammer I see your point and I agree that this definitely should have been the thought at the start of the game or even shortly after the game was created but to change it now to something so drastic is unfair.
                    See you on the FlipSide

Comment

Working...
                    X