Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devs, what are your views on burst as an attack style?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devs, what are your views on burst as an attack style?

By burst, I mean 1 God, 1 temple after the initial 4 or 5 God drop?

is it a valid style of attack, or one that is merely tolerated and / or discouraged?

I ask because of the corner tenting thread, which says he's looking into disallowing or nerfing?

​​​​Removing corner tents for burst players is tantamount to removing tents behind the gods for push players. Both serve the same purpose, controlling troops coming at the gods, thereby giving them time to work.

it was feared before the hermes release, when the hera, hades etc. temples were buffed that you were discouraging burst as an option, but hermes has been fantastic for all style of play.

Last edited by John; December 6th, 2018, 01:09 PM. Reason: Edited to remove names and spamming the tag function

[QUOTE=Ozymandias;n33608]By burst, I mean 1 God, 1 temple after the initial 4 or 5 God drop?

is it a valid style of attack, or one that is merely tolerated and / or discouraged?

I ask because of the corner tenting thread, which says he's looking into disallowing or nerfing?

​​​​Removing corner tents for burst players is tantamount to removing tents behind the gods for push players. Both serve the same purpose, controlling troops coming at the gods, thereby giving them time to work.

it was feared before the hermes release, when the hera, hades etc. temples were buffed that you were discouraging burst as an option, but hermes has been fantastic for all style of play.

Hey. First of all. U don't need corner tents for burst (one God) strat. That's a crutch people use to pull troops away. It's a very cheap exploit mate. I do the one God strat on certain bases. So this isn't speculation. It's first hand info. Hope this helps
    Last edited by John; December 6th, 2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

There is no need to continue mentioning names or to continue tagging players or staff.
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        There is no need to continue mentioning names or to continue tagging players or staff.
        Thank you
        This is getting irritating, I see people tagging devs and others on lots of threads John, and only now is it a problem. You removed posts of mine from the corner tenting threads, saying it was name calling and attacking, when it wasn't , sarcastic , definitely, but name calling and attacking it was not.

try answering the question in the thread, instead.

Comment

[QUOTE=ARYA;n33613]
          Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post

Hey. First of all. U don't need corner tents for burst (one God) strat. That's a crutch people use to pull troops away. It's a very cheap exploit mate. I do the one God strat on certain bases. So this isn't speculation. It's first hand info. Hope this helps
          But then, so is tents behind the gods, burst players don't need corner tenting on easy bases, but on those many levels higher.

theres bad habits in all style of play, so addressing just this one instance is unfair, like push players losing on time because they get so easily distracted and then blaming the assisters for not being on gods, when there's 30 seconds and 3 or 4 temples left, or over relying on the troops and then just standing back while the assisters troops and tents do all the work.

The point is not to only penalize one attack style.

Comment

12. USER TAGGING
            Spamming the @mention feature is not allowed. This includes mentioning members who your post doesn't specifically relate to, or mentioning a list of members in the hope that your post will get more views.

If you need a direct reply from the forum staff, please post in Talk to Staff rather than using mentions. The Gods of Olympus developers are not always able to reply personally on the forums.

While an occasional tag is ok, specifically tagging in each/most posts is spamming the tagging feature and unnecessary

Comment

How is it spamming, when the question in this thread came about because of the corner tenting thread, therefore mentioning it's not an attack against the creator of that thread (so daft that I can't mention names, so need to use 10 extra words instead), is not spamming.

this is starting feel like a special class where everyone is just itching to take offense .

Comment

[QUOTE=Ozymandias;n33617]
                Originally posted by ARYA View Post

But then, so is tents behind the gods, burst players don't need corner tenting on easy bases, but on those many levels higher.

theres bad habits in all style of play, so addressing just this one instance is unfair, like push players losing on time because they get so easily distracted and then blaming the assisters for not being on gods, when there's 30 seconds and 3 or 4 temples left, or over relying on the troops and then just standing back while the assisters troops and tents do all the work.

The point is not to only penalize one attack style.

I see ur point. But when u slow push. Ur gods are being assisted by the tents. But in the case of corner tents. There are no gods to assist. It exploits a flaw in in game man. Is this clear?

Comment

[QUOTE=ARYA;n33621]

I see ur point. But when u slow push. Ur gods are being assisted by the tents. But in the case of corner tents. There are no gods to assist. It exploits a flaw in in game man. Is this clear?
                  Yes, as clear as the gods standing back during push while the troops do all the work. Or leaving that last temple on the opposite corner, which there's no time to get to, for the assisters to take out. Is this clear?

Comment

Not a huge fan of corner tents but I don’t mind it either. It’s a strategy used to distract troops. It does assist your gods because that distraction clears a path for them similar to when using tents for slow push.

Comment

Thanks to the moderator that's been replying to all my posts (starts with j), by removing leroys name from the original thread, (about disallowing / nerfing the tent), it now makes no sense. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Thank you
                        Wow.
                        You deleted my post again? You’re making it a habit deleting posts... especially mine.
                        You just said n your other post to respect everyones opinion right?.... Why cant you do that yourself?
                        Yes there maybe a little bit of sarcasm in my reply but I didn’t tag anyone. That’s my opinion. Accept it.
                        ”Great job” BTW.

Comment

Haha snake Eater, he's done it to me too, this thread is aimed at the devs, but he removed leroys name from it, even though that's the entire reason I joined, cause leroy commented on the corner tenting thread, in favour of disallowing it. Normally happy to just read the forums, but that one thing would affect all burst players.

dasian mentioned every single point that the mods silenced me on. Expect a formal complain John .

Comment

In my opinion, I would say generally that the more styles of attack the better. So I would say of course this is a reasonable strategy.

I am not in favor of 'removing corner tenting'. Put tents in the corner as much as you want. I am in favor of disallowing all assists when there are no gods on the map, per reasons mentioned in other thread.

I have no strongly held feelings at all about whether or not the defending troops should be 'smarter'. I'm open to changing defensive troop behavior. Though in my experience with most games, trying to make the troops too smart often tends to backfire in subtle ways, and frankly they are never going to do some sort of 'optimal' defensive behavior and are always at some point going to do something which a player would consider stupid.

leroy

Comment

Again, thanks Leroy for the clarification.

limiting styles of play, would make the game monotonous, irrespective of the individual attack style.

not being able to heal a temple without a god on the field would actually help burst more than push, but still don't think it's a good idea. Assisters want to feel like we're having an impact on the end result, otherwise why assist?

yes, everyone should be able to win on their own in an ideal world, but we've all had a shocking day here and there, and that's when assistance adds the most value. And sometimes, levels are so skewed on battle match-ups and revs that, the changes you're proposing will just lead to surrenders without even really trying .

I'm one of the handful of players that only play on normal, (main account is level 101 and I sit around the 700 trophy mark), so often have to go up against players 10and 20 levels higher. And yes, I need assistance , sometimes hardly any, and sometimes alot. The changes you're proposing will force the few players who still attack on normal, to have no choice but to drop to easy.

so no, 100% against the no gods, no assist option, unless it only applies to the easy mode of play.

changing AI behavior is playing with fire, but if you guys can get it right ,you'll be one of the first of these types of games to pull it off. Think it'd lead to more problems than solutions though.

Comment

Working...
                              X