Assist powers only allowed when gods/temple on field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I don't think 1 style is better than another, but that being able to adapt to what a base needs in order to beat it,is the answer.
    I was actually going to end my previous post with a similar sentiment. Unfortunately, I'm a creature of habit and don't have the skill to adapt my strategy to suit the base :-(
    Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

'When u build a base u plan for one person to attack ur base in a particular way.' - ARYA

this one sentence sums up everything on this and the related threads. Players are getting frustrated that there's more than 1 style of play.
      Lemme rephrase. U can build a base planning for the gods of one attacker. Not his 858585858585 assists attackin ur base with no god in play. That was taken outta context mate. I can play all the styles. Not just passable. I can play them well. Under no circumstance can u justify not dropping ur gods hoping for ur assists to do ur job.

Comment

Originally posted by ARYA View Post

Lemme rephrase. U can build a base planning for the gods of one attacker. Not his 858585858585 assists attackin ur base with no god in play. That was taken outta context mate. I can play all the styles. Not just passable. I can play them well. Under no circumstance can u justify not dropping ur gods hoping for ur assists to do ur job.
        Good for you ARYA, hopefully one day soon, I'll be able to say that too, till then though, don't ruin it for the rest of us who are still learning.

Comment

Yes, there is still much to learn. Hopefully soon it will be fixed so you can learn to depend on your gods for your attacks. No shame in having assisters, they are the best, just don’t want them making it so that the gods aren’t necessary for battle. Then it would be just another battle game

Comment

We're starting to talk in circles Diablo.

Comment

Good for you ARYA, hopefully one day soon, I'll be able to say that too, till then though, don't ruin it for the rest of us who are still learning.
              Arya is one of the best attackers in this game, with emphasis on soloing. His knowledge and insight should at least be accepted as a valued opinion, not taken as anything threatening. Corner tenting is lame as well as letting assisters do the heavy lifting the gods should be doing .

Comment

No, u can't use that excuse. U can't learn when u have ur assists doing ur job.. What I said wasn't blowing my own horn. It's a fact. All I see is u panicking that this change wud take away the bite from ur assists. Call a spade a spade and do not hide behind " saving burst style." 😂. There is nothing wrong with needing assists. But I do believe there is something wrong when people refuse to drop their gods for 2 mins and pray for assists to take out temples.

Comment

Before I leave, I don't know who ARYA is in the game, and I didn't comment on whether she was good or not. You don't have to make up wrong assumptions because you're not happy with what I'm saying war hammer.

nobodys is hiding behind anything ARYA, but it's the devs that need to stay open to style of play, which they are. So everyone else, can keep complaining till the cows come home, if it makes you feel better.

Comment

Before I leave, I don't know who ARYA is in the game, and I didn't comment on whether she was good or not. You don't have to make up wrong assumptions because you're not happy with what I'm saying war hammer.

nobodys is hiding behind anything ARYA, but it's the devs that need to stay open to style of play, which they are. So everyone else, can keep complaining till the cows come home, if it makes you feel better.
                    That is precisely what I'm saying. No god no assists shud have no bearing on play styles. If u think it does, u are doing something wrong. I'm #root in game. And no I'm not offended by ur stance. U are arguing to the best of ur abilities and I to mine.

Pulling troops away to extend the life of ur gods is an exploit. It's a flaw in the games mechanics. People complained about volkan athena walk. I never did cos that took a lot of skill to do well. Using ur assists to negate balista hits is cheap tactic if u have no gods in battle. I have said this for years. No god no assists. It's a very simple fix which would balance def immensely and only the skilled (burst, slow push or hybrid) would win.

I shudnt be able to beat lvl 140. + bases solo.. I shudnt be beaten by a lvl 100 either. That makes 0 sense to me.

Ps I'm a 6 ft 200 pound dude from india. So not a she.😂 I am not complaining, u are.

Comment

Do not fear change. Change is good, although if anything does come of this expect it in 2021, if the servers are still running. Sorry developers but updates are slow as molasses.

Ozymandias have a 🍺

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                        I'm not a big player and I'm one of the loudest voices on the forums...lol. You would still be free to burst. You just wouldn't be able to rely on the "crutch" that is assisters drawing every troop into a corner. In that case, you'd lose some trophies, eventually come up against opponents that are a bit weaker and you wouldn't need to rely on assisters, and the world would go on turning.

I don't mind bursting. I did my own variation of it back in the day. But relying on assisters to draw every troop away? And "relying" is the key word. Or to require a fleet of them to take various temples over the course of minutes that the player wasn't skilled enough to take himself? I used to do it when I was an 80 going up against 95s on easy. But looking back, I don't think I had much right to go up against 95s. I should have been attacking 85s or something more reasonable. But relying on assisters is certainly allowed so I can't fault anyone for trying to get as much loot as they can.

I'm actually a proponent of fixing the AI instead, but they're afraid they'll mess it up and make the AI worse than it already is (because that's exactly what happened in the past). So since corner tenting currently only hurts me in defense, I wouldn't mind no drops without gods, even if it's not my preference. Even if you disagree, they're asking the community for input, which is welcome, no?
                        Tutuapp 9apps Showbox Everyone has a voice on here, big players or not. Your voice and Ozymandias' are also present and duly heard.

I've used 4 different styles as my game progressed. My most current is the melee+hermes, ranged+hera. Before Hermes, I didn't do that at all though. The gods I have at the moment eventually dictated my playstyle. I sincerely believe that not all methods of attack are created equal. While it may not be for everyone, there's a reason the hybrid style is so popular: it works very well
                        What the name of God is now owned...??

Comment

Originally posted by wahidovic View Post

What the name of God is now owned...??
                          I don't understand. Sorry. And why, when you quote me, do strange things get added? Tutuapp 9apps Showbox?! In another thread, the quote had "Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher" added! lol
                          Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Working...
                          X