Assist powers only allowed when gods/temple on field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assist powers only allowed when gods/temple on field

I've actually heard this request a few times from players, which I think is kind of neat, but I'm curious as to what the community thinks.

The assist power is only allowed while that god or temple is on the playfield. (The default assist powers would be always available, or possibly instead only available when *any* god is on the playfield per other thread discussion).

Meaning, while Hades is on the playing field, an attack assister can drop skeletons. When he dies, no more skeletons. Similarly, a defend assister can drop skeletons, but only while the Hades temple is alive. Again, you'd be able to always drop hoplites or archers, so if you don't happen to have any matching assist powers, you still have something to do.

Discuss.

leroy

I’m going to put my two cents on this one and say I think it’s ridiculous not all alliance powers are are worth using. And to limit it like that would be so frustrating. There is a difference to what people want which is to not be able to drop troops if there is no god on the field or better yet no tents.
    This idea would completely change every attack from assisting to defending.
    That being said I don’t want help if the only troop available are charmable troops
    A fun,active alliance Genesis 😊 Try us out

Comment

Leroy,

The whole idea makes sense and would enhance the consistency structure of battles, but such path would also irritate (euphemism) a great deal of players/assisters, me thinks.

Again, and just like you did with the imposing of stricter upgrade limits in the Gods' powers, you are proposing to take something way, instead of increasing, permitting, unlocking...

In this case, I like the game best as it is now - I value fun over logic/consistency.
      Come join 'Strength & Honor!' - We have cookies.

Comment

This turns assisting into an overly complicated process and would dramatically decrease assists from lower players who have not unlocked all gods/ assist types. I’m all for allowing attack assist only while gods are on the field, but limiting the type of assist would cause even less teamwork from those who are not big helpers to begin with.
        Last edited by monkey; December 4th, 2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

There are two threads with changes discussed by Leroy on assist changes so I am adding my two cents in one place.

I fully support the idea that if there aren’t any gods on the field that there can not be any troops dropped as an assist for attacks. You could even take it a step further by limiting assist drops on attacks within a certain radius of gods to prevent rogue temple hunters. But that’s not why this change is even being discussed. What about assists on defense? Could a person drop defensive assists while the attacker is scoping out the base and determining where to start?

I do not support the idea of restricting what assists are available based on the gods on the field or what temples are still in play. I do not see that it would have much impact on attack assists but it would pretty much kill off desire from most to assist on defenses if the only assists left are charamable or awe which is used sooo much. It would pretty much put defensive assists back to where they were before we had any assist options other than hoplites and archers.

Comment

leroy Not a good idea to put limits on assisters. We only asked that corner tenting not be allowed anymore as clearly it’s a glitch that needs to be patched because people are taking advantage of it.

If you limit helpers on the troops they can drop, it would kill the game as not all helpers have unlocked the alliance power.

It was a good suggestion that when there is no god on the field, no one can drop any troops. But to limit them according to available gods is not a good idea. Jmo.

Comment

Not a fan of removing assist options for the reasons already placed above.
              I do agree with ‘no gods, no assist’. This would include all forms of assisting including zapping. For me, the idea of decorations is to make it inconvenient for the attacker to get to certain spots on your base initially..no gods, no assists forces the player to strategize rather than rely on support.
              For corner tenting, a small number of nearby troops should give chase. If the ‘no gods, no assists’ was in place right now, I could see folks dragging with Athena before she dies off while support corner tents...as Athena dies the entire base would give chase those corner tents which can buy plenty of time before dropping a second wave of gods.
              I feel priority should be no gods/no assists together with smarter AI’s on corner tents.

Comment

its an interesting concept, perhaps restriction for defenders should apply to solo attacker as defenders have the benefit of not having to counter, supporting members that are aiding the attacker.
                So lets say I solo a base and don't have support for the entire duration of the attack, then it would be nice if there was an applicable restriction on the defenders, the same way when temples are destroyed and the bonus is removed from barracks, monuments or towers.

In theory, if alliances want to be more successful on defense, they would have to get in early and in large groups to stop solo attackers

Not sure, if others would like that, but it would solve the corner tenting issue, when the applicable temples associated with tents are destroyed there would be no option to use tents.

I personally enjoy attacking on a solo basis and end up taking out a few temples within the first 30 seconds, in theory if I took out Hera's, Apollo's, Athena's and Poseidon temples, it would restrict defenders from dropping vengeance warriors,heal, soldiers and fishy. They could then use the remainder of options until until I systematically took out temples. It would change the game dynamic significantly, as once support for the attacker shows up, all options open up to defenders again.

Now that would be interesting, I am fairly sure that people may not fully grasp the game balancing aspect of it, though
                or if you really want to make it interesting then setup an additional level of difficulty by doubling the number of troops that show up during defense for individuals in the top 100, but to compensate for the additional challenge, I would increase the base payouts accordingly, this would also appease individuals unhappy with the top 30 being fairly consistent.
                Last edited by darkxsaint; December 4th, 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkxsaint View Post
                  its an interesting concept, perhaps restriction for defenders should apply to solo attacker as defenders have the benefit of not having to counter, supporting members that are aiding the attacker.
                  So lets say I solo a base and don't have support for the entire duration of the attack, then it would be nice if there was an applicable restriction on the defenders, the same way when temples are destroyed and the bonus is removed from barracks, monuments or towers.

In theory, if alliances want to be more successful on defense, they would have to get in early and in large groups to stop solo attackers

Not sure, if others would like that, but it would solve the corner tenting issue, when the applicable temples associated with tents are destroyed there would be no option to use tents.

I personally enjoy attacking on a solo basis and end up taking out a few temples within the first 30 seconds, in theory if I took out Hera's, Apollo's, Athena's and Poseidon temples, it would restrict defenders from dropping vengeance warriors,heal, soldiers and fishy. They could then use the remainder of options until until I systematically took out temples. It would change the game dynamic significantly, as once support for the attacker shows up, all options open up to defenders again.

Now that would be interesting, I am fairly sure that people may not fully grasp the game balancing aspect of it, though
                  or if you really want to make it interesting then setup an additional level of difficulty by doubling the number of troops that show up during defense for individuals in the top 100, but to compensate for the additional challenge, I would increase the base payouts accordingly, this would also appease individuals unhappy with the top 30 being fairly consistent.
                  I like your idea about not being able to drop tents if the temple associated with it are down. So if Blue temple is down, which is the main target for most players with Athena environment on the first wave of attacks, helpers wouldn’t be able to drop hoplite tents. That way, attackers will stay off blue and green temples if they like tents dropped when Aphrodite monument is down.

Comment

So we spend good gold on an assist troop that we may or may not be able to use at any time? Ick. So if you can take out Poseidon, Hades, Ares, and Hera temples in the first wave (or even several of those), then basically every single defender will be charmable. Double-ick. This whole system, which likely involves even MORE data to be sent from the server completely grinding my device to a halt, is incredibly complicated. It makes sense, but it would be so confusing for assisters. So on attacks, only some of my assist units will be selectable. Then as gods die, some fade to gray and others light up. Frustrating might be the best word.

People have been asking forever to just not allow assisters unless there is a god on the field. This proposition takes it to a whole new level. It's like asking for a crust of bread and we can't have that bit of bread, but we're offered a platter of sandwiches we didn't ask for with meat we detest. So obviously, no assisters without a god on the field is certainly doable.

And I'm a strong proponent of taking the good with the bad. I've heard plenty of times "no assisters without gods on the field, but zap is ok." If you want no assisters without gods, you should have no assisters without gods. Zapping to take out decorations before the gods drop is certainly valid right now. But if we're going to a "no assisters without gods" mindset, zapping decorations needs to be left in the past.
                    Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
                      I've actually heard this request a few times from players, which I think is kind of neat, but I'm curious as to what the community thinks.

The assist power is only allowed while that god or temple is on the playfield. (The default assist powers would be always available, or possibly instead only available when *any* god is on the playfield per other thread discussion).

Meaning, while Hades is on the playing field, an attack assister can drop skeletons. When he dies, no more skeletons. Similarly, a defend assister can drop skeletons, but only while the Hades temple is alive. Again, you'd be able to always drop hoplites or archers, so if you don't happen to have any matching assist powers, you still have something to do.

Discuss.

leroy
                      That's not a good idea Assists are free to use whatever they want. But only if the attacker has a god(s) active and attacking. In a nut shell a) Corner tenting = pulls the troops away from where they need to be, this is exploiting a flaw in the mechanics of the game..
                      ​​​​​​
                      B) attackers waiting for assists to take out half the base temples spawners towers there by negating the need to have a base in the first place. When u build a base u plan for one person to attack ur base in a particular way.. Not for assists to destroy spawners that cost 960 mil and towers that cost 320+ mil. Specially when the attacker doesn't drop gods. Consider this situation I have the zeus temple ringed with balistas Attacker begins his second drop there. There are no gods on the map. One assist drops in range of say 12 balistas. They all target the troops and don't shoot again for 4 second. During this time. Attacker drops hera and bombs my balistas away. Y? Y do I even bother with building a base in the first place.

The same scenario. No god no assists Attacker drops hera near zeus temple. She is smoked the end.

This is again exploiting the holes in the game. This is y defense is lopsided. It's laughable that I'm able to beat a level 145 and in turn a level 110 being able to beat me. The idea of the game is battle more rake up stone and gold and pull ahead. Instead right now it is battle more rake up stone and gold. It makes no difference..

In short No god no assists Zap fishy all of them

I have been playing this game since its launch. This issue has been discussed since then LeRoy. It's time to patch this one. My two cents.

Last edited by ARYA; December 5th, 2018, 01:45 AM.

Comment

In short, no gods no assists. End of topic.

Everyone agrees with that.

Also, an addition, if a tent stays on field, make that only a certain % of tropps and range chase it.

iPrime.

Comment

No. Don't agree with this at all. Not all powers should be restricted. The main thing that was asked was A. Tweak the Al so the troops cant all be easily distracted by corner tenting and B. No troops/tents allowed on the field while no gods are on the field which would also help vs corner tenting and prevent assisters from easily picking off a temple while no god is on the field. The other assist powers like heal or zap is np
                          Last edited by AjLitaFanGirl; December 5th, 2018, 04:26 AM.
                          New Turkish Delight Era. New friends...New start

Comment

Yeh, ofcourse cap and heal can be used, they ain't no helping in destroying and winning for you.

But yeh, definitely have to change troops, which just follow 1 enemy all over the map, and avoid dropping troops when no gods on field.

iPrime.

Comment

I love it. No god on the map - no assisters!

Comment

Working...
                              X