This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post

You don't even know who I am in the game Diablo, just on to spew nonsense, without even knowing if it's true, you sad, sad person.
    I dont even have to know you lol.
    The way you are panicking right now coz of the changes that could happen clearly shows that you are one of those players who cant pull a win without assists. Smh
    Last edited by Snake Eater; December 8th, 2018, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Wow, your batsenses need work snake Eater. Keep trying though .

Comment

Cheapest way of winning is playing easy battles with no brains. Make it a little difficult for yourself and you won't be starting random threads here.
        x+

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          I John, that specific moderator, will clarify what has been repeatedly clarified publicly. Posts are not deleted, they are removed from public view.
          Missed this response, 'repeatedly clarified' publicly' - first I'm seeing it . Thanks starts with j and ends with n.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
            And why are low level players like you so afraid to lose 1 cup on revenge? It’s just but 1 cup, doesn’t hurt you, yes? But maybe it hurts your ego. How much loot you’ll get? A lot compared to winning on normal or easy battles, and it only costs you 200 nectar instead of 1000. Btw, if you haven’t known it yet, you gain gold whenever you get attacked. It’s a win-win situation. It helps you upgrade your gods while you’re getting farmed. Just my 2 cents.
            Actually, I would rather lose to someone closer to my level so my base can do a lot more damage to the gods. It's not a total loss, but still not as good as a more even matchup (not that defense gold is all that fantastic anyway). With all the goading and asking people to revenge you, you seem desperate to get that one cup. I guess all those 1's add up. Why should the low levels feed you? Even if it benefited me, I don't think I'd revenge on principle alone.
            Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
              Actually, I would rather lose to someone closer to my level so my base can do a lot more damage to the gods. It's not a total loss, but still not as good as a more even matchup (not that defense gold is all that fantastic anyway). With all the goading and asking people to revenge you, you seem desperate to get that one cup. I guess all those 1's add up. Why should the low levels feed you? Even if it benefited me, I don't think I'd revenge on principle alone.
              Missed this response too ( must get glasses.

kitten, I play normal, so I'm reasonably sure, which bases I stand absolutely no chance against. The assisters would have to win it for me, which would likely only lead to you starting another thread on this topic, and feeling sorry for yourself again. Like now, my current Rev is against tiem, level 120 and I'm 101. If I'm bored after I do my normal attacks and nobody else attacks me in the meantime, then only will I waste time on that Rev. (one plus that push players should appreciate is that burst players can't dance on your bases 😂)

also, for some reason, my base tends to get attacked alot at once, and as fate would have it, when I'm not on, so usually end up not being able to rev

Comment

Ti em attacked (and I use the term loosely) me 5 days ago and I'm level 101. I'm not Ozymandias though...lol.
                Join 'Strength & Honor!' and receive a coupon for one free assist by Fritz! While supplies last.

Comment

Secrets out Fritz ozy could be Fritz, so think twice before attacking ozy again 😂

Comment

No change is necessary on corner tenting, or AI behavior, I've yet to see a base that can win every single Rev, against against every single attacker, and definitely don't want to, cause at that point there's nothing left to do in the game.

relying on certain strategies is the cornernerstone of every assist in the game, the push players let assisters know in no uncertain terms, what helps them win ( in our alliance, it's stay with the gods, don't go off and do your own thing, unless time is running out), just as burst players like for the troops to be drawn away from the next temple we want to hit, time only really runs out when things go horribly wrong, and for every one battle the assisters win for us, the number is tenfold on the ones we lose when things go wrong, irrespective of the number of assisters.

i can't count the number of complaints I've heard against farmers, and farming is a hell of alot more prolific than the number of burst attacks won by assisters. My assisters often get overexcited when they can hit a temple even if I have enough gods to take it out myself.

Anyway, this is just tantamount to sour grapes by the push players against the burst players. If we're expected to find a way to tolerate farmers, then push players can find a way to tolerate the corner tenting strategy. There's no need to ruin the game for others because of selfishness, there's more than one strat to beat a base. Deal with it!
                    The AI is too dumb now and just chasing everything no matter which threat the temples or not while the existence of it determine victory of the game.
                    And people are exploiting it. I believe this game didn't intend to see players with such great difference in resource (i.e. lv112 vs lv144) have such a result. When this happens, obviously if the developers still want defending a city a fun part of the game should do something on the cause.

If you can accept this, do you think any rebalance developers did on specific buildings, gods, troops are meaningless? When imbalance exists, any investment (money, time, effort) won't come a reasonable return and make a fair game.

And I don't call them burst player, they are more like a burst group. The alliance help is being too magnified and shouldn't be like this.

Comment

• Hey noknoknok, from what I've seen so far, some people are just not skilled at base building, so sometimes a base many levels higher feels easy. Then, there's the problem of every second base having the same design, so attackers and assisters learn the weak points and exploit it to the full. So, even at a much higher level, these bases can be beaten with the right assistance .

if we're going to what the game intended again, then that's an ideal world discussion again, then ideally, there wouldn't be farmers, everyone would be skilled soloists etc.etc.

So far, I'm a really big fan of the changes (there's still lots of bugs that need fixing though), but remember we started to get worried before the hermes release when the temples and houses were buffed twice, but that all makes sense now, for those who have hermes already cause he's great when used properly ,irrespective of style of play, (and I'm still getting the hang of him, and can't wait for his main power to activate). would like to see the same level of consideration go in for all future changes, and that all styles are taken into account when theorizing and implementing balance change, and that the whims of only one style, isn't being favoured over another.

😂 if the few of us are a burst group, then the slow push mob that also benefit from assists of troops around them, need to nerfed too.

alliance help being too magnified - then skilled soloist route should be the direction taken, or something else that affects all styles equally.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARYA View Post
                        I agree. It's the cheapest way to win. The fix is soo simple. No god. No assists. This topic has been beaten to death since butterballs days. I sincerely hope the devs fix this. I believe that by fixing just this one thing, def can be better balanced.
                        Makes sense to me. If a God is on the battle field then in theory their power is enabaling the use of alliance assist powers. If they are not present on the field of battle then assist powers should not be active/available. (Just make it a minimum requirement that 1 god be present on the battle field to enable use of any of the purchased alliance powers).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
                          Hey noknoknok, from what I've seen so far, some people are just not skilled at base building, so sometimes a base many levels higher feels easy. Then, there's the problem of every second base having the same design, so attackers and assisters learn the weak points and exploit it to the full. So, even at a much higher level, these bases can be beaten with the right assistance .
                          Unless high level need really fine skill which I don't master, Kitten's base won't be one of them and no reason to lose to such low level player.
                          Like the weekly challenge, there are great difference and participants try hundreds times. However, I don't think this is the case, unless this dude spent so much gem and have countlessly attacked each those high level players to learn so detail. Maybe he has talents, but exploits this behaviour is the key part of his tactic.

Or you insist an assister can trash the whole spawning system is a good system? and that only take them 30s to do it?

if we're going to what the game intended again, then that's an ideal world discussion again, then ideally, there wouldn't be farmers, everyone would be skilled soloists etc.etc.
                          😂 if the few of us are a burst group, then the slow push mob that also benefit from assists of troops around them, need to nerfed too.

alliance help being too magnified - then skilled soloist route should be the direction taken, or something else that affects all styles equally.

If you can focus on what topic it is, I am sure it's not hard to discuss. You don't have to discuss every intention of developers in this thread. They intend to give more reward (ambrosia) for beating higher level, isn't it? Because if you keep going high, at some point it should be impossible for relative low resource beating relative high one. But corner tenting can take out the whole difficulties for beating high level, there should be an extent, right now it falls on ridiculous condition and making all spawners trash, and the one who do it is not the attacker himself. Our focus is allies should only give supplementary contribution to the victory of the battle, if a god can cause all distraction, that would be more reasonable (in other post I still argue AI should ignore god standing far away and making no threat).

Slow push is different since the allies troops rely on the gods, if you take out the gods they don't push anything. Rather than just small group of corner tenting can cause a scene of whole map.
                          At least in my observation, archers wall usually waste their attack on the same target (lucky if they are shooting building, but most the time all together they shoot the same hoplite coming to them), and their contribution is actually on sharing damage dealing on gods.
                          If people complain over this, then I would suggest to put a cap on troops every assister can keep on field, find a rate that they are still doing something, but not determining the game that easily.

I don't want to be rude, but when you are the one exploiting the mechanic others are complaining about and unable to adopt other style, isn't it shameful to say you want an equal rebalance to everything? You people have been taking advantage over stupid AI behaviour long enough.

Comment

• Unless you guys are 100% certain that Kane is cheating on his wins, in which case ban him, then it's so wrong to slander him like this. Don't know Kane other than coming up against his base now and then, but if he's reading these responses, and is not cheating, (which should be very easy for the devs to figure out), and I saw him kicked off another of kittens threads for asking her something , and since I saw first hand how discussion is stifled, when you guys don't know or like the user, or topic.

that level 112s can find ingenious ways to beat the biggest bases, is a plus for the game, for me anyway. So, I have something to work towards .

let's try at least to keep the environment, one where these types of things can be be discussed.

Comment

• Not saying he is cheating, he is doing what the game allow him to do, but people now pay attention to this behavior and consider it a problem.

Would you reason out why should patrols of a city leave the whole city behind to go after a mere hoplite?

Comment

• Cheating is taken very serious in Gods of Olympus. Every report is investigated immediately and any account that is found in violation is subject to a permanent removal from the game. Public forum posts are not official reports, reports of cheating need to be made with the in game support email. Player accusations that another player is “cheating” while using a form of play or exploit, does not mark the player as an official cheater, it does however open the discussion for what is fair play for the whole community to discuss , and what game mechanics can be improved for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X