This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leroy View Post

Oh please, stop. We read every post, and all our decisions are heavily influenced from player feedback.

leroy
    Is this true of the deleted and edited posts too? Or is it only that specific moderator who deleted or edited the post (for the right or wrong reasons ), that reads it? If it's just that specific moderator, then it's not an accurate description to say all player feedback is considered.

Comment

Okay... They hear me.. What a pleasure .. Probably I run out from that point . And I'll back ur pardon.....😉
      ​​

Comment

I John, that specific moderator, will clarify what has been repeatedly clarified publicly. Posts are not deleted, they are removed from public view.

Comment

Again, oh please. No-one wants to 'silence debate'.

Quote: 'The devs agree' with the suggestion. Well, not really. I personally, not speaking for Aegis, would prefer to have no assists while there are no gods. I think it is reasonable for me to have an opinion and express it like everyone else.

Again, my opinion, not the opinion of Aegis, nor necessarily indicative of the course of action. Aegis and Gods of Olympus has certainly gone different directions at times than what I personally think is best.

So others have mentioned why, but I'll reiterate my feelings why. I feel like it is the primarily attacker's responsibility to win the game, and the assisters are there to help him. Of course there needs to be a balance so that the assisters can have an impact, but outright winning battles without any gods on the field at all feels like a bit too much for me. I'm not a fan of assisters outright taking out temples or opening up huge defensive holes (by tenting or otherwise) while the primary attacker... goes to the kitchen for a snack because no gods are on the field. It just doesn't seem right.

leroy

Finally, thank you for clarifying that you were speaking on behalf of yourself and not aegis. That didn't come across in your first response on this thread. Good to know it's not a done deal. Could've avoided alot of drama, if this clarification was made clear yesterday, nonetheless it's a relief to know now, that nothing may come of this, yet.

Comment

All members are reminded to keep posts on topic. The topic of this thread is.....Please Stop Corner tenting

Comment

How about I set up a poll. I'll do this in another thread.

leroy
              The poll here is way to inaccurate as there are not enough members to justify the change. You’ll be surprised how many players do not want “no gods no assist”. Trust me, it’s quite overwhelming. Majority in here will obviously side with the change since it’s been a request they want, not something they want to keep currently.

Comment

You might be surprised how many do want it, it’s overwhelming. Nothing wrong with allowing a democratic vote, the Ancient Greeks did invent democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                  You might be surprised how many do want it, it’s overwhelming. Nothing wrong with allowing a democratic vote, the Ancient Greeks did invent democracy.
                  Democracy is overrated. I'm for special considerations for minorities. All white, or all black, doesn’t reflect democracy well. Keep it diverse.

Comment

Everyone is welcome to vote, I have no idea what color has to do with it. I thought it wasn’t cool letting one person speak for all, but I guess that all depends on the narrative they are speaking.
                    It fits my needs so I will back it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                      Everyone is welcome to vote, I have no idea what color has to do with it. I thought it wasn’t cool letting one person speak for all, but I guess that all depends on the narrative they are speaking.
                      It fits my needs so I will back it up?
                      One colour reflects the one style of slow push that all players will have to play, if the vote is allowed to dictate game changes. Diversity means keeping things fair for all styles of play

Comment

Suppression for their own good, not a new concept but not one I agree with. Let them vote and choose for themselves

Comment

Doesn't matter anyway , Leroy has already stated he's just curious as an individual user, and is not acting in an official capacity , so vote away, and remember to bring your entire family and friends network over too. You don't even need to play the game to be on the forum, nobody will know.

Comment

How about I set up a poll. I'll do this in another thread.

leroy
                            Why not set up up a poll in game? That would garner more “accurate” results. Trust me, you’ll see a lot of people downloading the game just to be able to respond to the poll to defend their side. They’ll get their whole clan to vote against “no god no assist.”

There are a lot of other suggestions being brought up Leroy not just no god no assist. Hidden bomb traps that can be recharged or reused. Or put a range on those corner tents where only the troops within that range can respond to it. But I do agree with you on the no god no assist. An assister is there to help the attacker, not win battles or take out temples for them while the attacker is taking a 3 minute nap. Wasn’t the reason for nerfing Hera’s vengeance warriors is because it was doing most of the battles for the attacker? It was changed and people learned to adapt.

Primary reason why I made this post is because of frustration as to how defense is so lopsided right now it’s not even worth building a base (buying gems, there is just point) or defending anymore but even nuking a base is not allowed so why is corner tenting not regulated or modified? They love to corner tent then by all means corner tent all they want but the devs need to do something about it.

It’s time to make a change. It’s clearly a glitch that needs to be fixed. Devs don’t have to get rid of it since clearly, a lot of people rely on corner tents to win a battle, but the devs need to do something to the AI where not all troops respond to it.

Also, with regards to no god no assist, if ever it will be implemented, I think assisters or helpers should still be able to zap or heal. It should only be that troops or tents aren’t allowed to be dropped when there’s no gods in the field or while the attacker is sleeping.
                            Last edited by Kitten; December 7th, 2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

No change is necessary on corner tenting, or AI behavior, I've yet to see a base that can win every single Rev, against against every single attacker, and definitely don't want to, cause at that point there's nothing left to do in the game.

relying on certain strategies is the cornernerstone of every assist in the game, the push players let assisters know in no uncertain terms, what helps them win ( in our alliance, it's stay with the gods, don't go off and do your own thing, unless time is running out), just as burst players like for the troops to be drawn away from the next temple we want to hit, time only really runs out when things go horribly wrong, and for every one battle the assisters win for us, the number is tenfold on the ones we lose when things go wrong, irrespective of the number of assisters.

i can't count the number of complaints I've heard against farmers, and farming is a hell of alot more prolific than the number of burst attacks won by assisters. My assisters often get overexcited when they can hit a temple even if I have enough gods to take it out myself.

Anyway, this is just tantamount to sour grapes by the push players against the burst players. If we're expected to find a way to tolerate farmers, then push players can find a way to tolerate the corner tenting strategy. There's no need to ruin the game for others because of selfishness, there's more than one strat to beat a base. Deal with it!

Comment

I am actually laughing now. There is more than one strategy to win, and you are either talking about 1 god 1 temple, or a type of troop draw/ exploit. What you are not describing is burst, which is a fast paced, surgical destruction of a city by strictly targeting temples. Burst has never, will never depend on assists

Comment

Working...
                                X