Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diablo yeah without a doubt, it’s a pain going up against the alliance who uses assistant troops to take out multiple temples out (without the need of gods). However with no gods no assist your removing other assets of assisting not just destroying temples with troops. You’re still fighting alongside the attacker even with no gods on the battlefield. Claq has a pretty good idea of making environment aura still in effect even after the destruction of the environmental temples. The aura will only be a portion of the strength the environment normally has. So apollo aura can slow down if not stop the troops that spawn at the temples. Another idea I had in mind was making the temples defend itself. Like by lv30 they have defenses within the temple itself to defend against.

Comment

Hey! How come no one responded to my gravity suggestion! You're a bunch of silly heads. (Oh, better hold my tongue or John is going to ban hammer me!)

My gravity concept is like what Kitten suggested about range except that the range isn't constant. The troop range is greater for gods than for a single troop.

Personally, I'm not a fan of "No gods, no assists." My preferred solution would be, "No gods for 30 seconds = loss".

DasianInvasian, I agree with you that devs shouldn't just change the game because some people don't like a strategy. (Strategy is probably too positive of a term for corner tenting since the only strategic thought is which of the 4 corners to tent.) People used to complain how VOLKAN would kite all the troops to a corner with Athena. A little part of me loved it even when he did it to me because I could tell it wasn't just a cheap trick; it required a ton of skill. I'm glad they never "fixed" it. However, I think the devs have certainly made changes before to add realism and to limit exploitative strategies.

The game is about having fun. It seems to me that nobody finds corner tenting to be fun and there are some people who consider it to be very very un-fun. The devs have solved many players' concerns such as zeroed bases in creative and unexpected ways. I hope they do the same thing here because a change is overdue.

Comment

@dasian🙄 I agree that ur clan let lose ur objectivity... Dg is a corner tenting one God to one Tempel style clan.. An honestly.. Not the player wins the battle only the assisters.. This isn't the idea of this game... By the way it is unlogical that the whole base run to the corner

Comment

Another good suggestion from another post is if they can release rechargeable hidden bomb traps just like in clash of clans. By putting bomb traps around the base. This would help with corner tents. If a hidden bomb trap is placed in every corner, it would set off and get rid of those tents.

Comment

Sorry Dasian, but when the mods decided to target me ont first day for doing the same thing as everyone else, and the creator declared me a troll without debate, then something is very off about this forum. It's not welcoming, and only certain people can complain / debate. Sort this crap out please.

Comment

People will be more welcoming, nice and friendly if you give off that vibe but sad to say, you came in attacking other people for posting a suggestion as to why there’s a problem and hence, should be patched. Smh.

Comment

This game has a long line of weird issues.. That's why lot of people retired ..
                Engin, AI, trophies, assisting, levels, ally, matchmaking..spawntime, gods abbility, and and and.. Don't forget the shock during balance change without warning but it is useless when the devs not open they ears..
                And again.. Corner tending is not a strategy.. It's a glich because the ai engine is weak.. I remember that the devs allready tied to fix 2 years ago . Or not ?

Comment

Haha, yes kitten, oops I mentioned your name again. Groupthink is ideal on any forum, down with dissenting voices. Quick, complain again, so this post can be removed too.

Comment

Formerly I remember was a unit from assister enough and whole units hunting them without attack any God.. For me the same. today assisters use tent to lure the unts out the base.. Sorry I'm not a native .

Comment

When the suggestion directly affects only one style of play, without taking into account the chain reaction it sets off, and the devs agree with the suggestion while silencing debate, then, yeah, friendly vibes is whats needed.

Comment

I'm friendly in person assisting system make sense on both side at same time...that should be regulate..
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Torti View Post
                          This game has a long line of weird issues.. That's why lot of people retired ..
                          Engin, AI, trophies, assisting, levels, ally, matchmaking..spawntime, gods abbility, and and and.. Don't forget the shock during balance change without warning but it is useless when the devs not open they ears..
                          And again.. Corner tending is not a strategy.. It's a glich because the ai engine is weak.. I remember that the devs allready tied to fix 2 years ago . Or not ?
                          Oh please, stop. We read every post, and all our decisions are heavily influenced from player feedback.

leroy

Comment

Lol, me too torti, just don't suffer fools and being told over and over by the mods not to use names yesterday, while removing names from my posts,so that it lost all context, while also being told that I'm attacking people over and over, when all I was doing was expressing an opinion (apparently the use of the word brat to describe ppl who only wants things their way is also attacking, so much for the dictionary meaning of the word). Foolish is definitely the word, but yeah, friendly vibes ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
                              When the suggestion directly affects only one style of play, without taking into account the chain reaction it sets off, and the devs agree with the suggestion while silencing debate, then, yeah, friendly vibes is whats needed.
                              Again, oh please. No-one wants to 'silence debate'.

Quote: 'The devs agree' with the suggestion. Well, not really. I personally, not speaking for Aegis, would prefer to have no assists while there are no gods. I think it is reasonable for me to have an opinion and express it like everyone else.

Again, my opinion, not the opinion of Aegis, nor necessarily indicative of the course of action. Aegis and Gods of Olympus has certainly gone different directions at times than what I personally think is best.

So others have mentioned why, but I'll reiterate my feelings why. I feel like it is the primarily attacker's responsibility to win the game, and the assisters are there to help him. Of course there needs to be a balance so that the assisters can have an impact, but outright winning battles without any gods on the field at all feels like a bit too much for me. I'm not a fan of assisters outright taking out temples or opening up huge defensive holes (by tenting or otherwise) while the primary attacker... goes to the kitchen for a snack because no gods are on the field. It just doesn't seem right.

leroy

Comment

How about I set up a poll. I'll do this in another thread.

leroy

Comment

Working...
                                X